Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This system would ensure that every child in school would be fed. But you again repeat that you’re fine with kids going hungry.
    So, to be clear, you are fine with kids going hungry. Got it.

No, I’m not. You’re the one who keeps saying it’s fine that they do.
    Are you fine with the SSO food program?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Are you fine with the SSO food program?
    For fuck sake dude.

One system has more child hunger, the other has less. The difference between the two is purely BUREAUCRATIC AND IDEOLOGICAL.

WHICH DO YOU FUCKING PREFER?

I'll take the one with less bureaucracy and less child hunger.

What's this retarded semantics you're engaged in here with the whole, "if it's not perfection why bother with improvements"?

What is this shit?

I’m fine with a program that gives every person possible free food. Now we just need to ensure all children are either enrolled in school or fed at home… except in this district. Where Jonnus says it’s fine that some of those kids are being denied food because “bootstraps”.
    So you just stated that you are fine with a system that allows students to go hungry. Overrepresented in this group of hungry students is black, latino, and ELL students. Why are you OK with a system where predominantly minority students do not get food?

Why don't you care about minority students?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    For fuck sake dude.

One system has more child hunger, the other has less. The difference between the two is purely BUREAUCRATIC AND IDEOLOGICAL.

WHICH DO YOU FUCKING PREFER?

I'll take the one with less bureaucracy and less child hunger.

What's this retarded semantics you're engaged in here with the whole, "if it's not perfection why bother with improvements"?

What is this shit?
    Same, man. All kids should get free meals at school.

I'm not the one engaged in "retarded semantics" as you put it, but I will correct others when they are wrong.

No, I just said the system that gives every single student free meals is a good thing. Try learning how to read.
    Yes, and students (predominantly minority students) go hungry with that system. Using your logic, you don't care about minority students. Is there a specific part of your logic that I can help you understand?
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2021-09-01 at 09:33 PM.

Why are Americans so oddly cruel when it comes to feeding, clothing, providing healthcare and so on?

The fuck are you talking about? Every single student gets free meals. How does every single mean only some?
    Yeah, I don't get it either. Every single parent is required to provide food for their kids under the old system. How come only some do?

I bet if we think real hard we can figure it out together.

In case you actually don't understand, the SSO program has difficulty reaching students:
    • with attendance issues
    • with multiple primary residences
    • have been suspended
    • have body insecurity

You are fine with a system that does not feed these children.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why are Americans so oddly cruel when it comes to feeding, clothing, providing healthcare and so on?
    A large portion of Americans blame children for the lackings of their parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Someone finally summed the vast majority of this thread up. Nice.
    It is a puerile waste of time that long outlived its usefulness when the school board long since caved on the issue.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Something about Jesus, bootstraps and everything left of Genghis Khan being a filthy communist (which is rather ironic considering the Mongols religious tolerance, publicly funded mail system).

So, I once felt sorry for this School District. A long time ago, I worked for a School District in the same state and I know someone who went through a lengthy interview process and got handed an offer letter from the School District for a very important administrative position in their central office, then used that offer letter and got a better offer at another district, leaving them SoL with this position unfilled to start the school year.

I don't feel bad for them anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well that turned around rapidly. Amazing what happens when conservatives pull their head out of their ass.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wauk...e-lunch-2021-9

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Well that turned around rapidly. Amazing what happens when conservatives pull their head out of their ass. https://www.businessinsider.com/wauk...e-lunch-2021-9
    The very public protests that brought national attention and scrutiny on the district probably helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I have it on good authority that this isn't what Jesus would do.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Who could forget the story of the fish and the bread, where his disciples have a small amount of fish and bread to feed a large group of people, and they say "that's too bad" and Jesus eats it all himself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Well that turned around rapidly. Amazing what happens when conservatives pull their head out of their ass.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wauk...e-lunch-2021-9
    "I cannot relate to being hungry." Well, it's this foreign concept called "empathy", but I guess shame works too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    OMFG OF COURSE IT WAS PROJECTION IT'S ALWAYS PROJECTION (even though she's lying she is just trying to walk back her comments without admitting being wrong, but she's too dumb to do it right)

Also...of course her damn name is Karin ffs you can't make this shit up. I will say one last time in this thread, @Machismo imagine defending these people my lord...how does the entire country know more about their district than their own school board? They didn't know so many hungry kids lived there give me a break so pathetic.
    You mean saying I was fine with either outcome?

Yeah, imagine that.

I'm happy that kids are getting free food, so feel free to be outraged by that, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

Yeah, imagine that.

I'm happy that kids are getting free food, so feel free to be outraged by that, as well.
    Why are you trying to manufacture outrage, I thought you hated it.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

Yeah, imagine that.

Just could let this chance pass up to defend those sort of folk.. again.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    He's fine with the elderly and disabled dying off...I can't imagine why he wants everyone to believe he gives a damn about poor children.

Machismo and I immediately said that every student should receive meals and fully support the program. Many people in the thread lack the comprehension skills necessary to understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Machismo and I immediately said that every student should receive meals and fully support the program. Many people in the thread lack the comprehension skills necessary to understand that.
    I want nothing to do with what you're doing in this thread, don't @ me.
    /s

I want nothing to do with what you're doing in this thread, don't @ me.
    My only task this thread was and is to correct people.