Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Communist country doing communist country things.

In my country, before we killed our piece of shit commie president and got Democracy, they'd put propaganda on the TV all day and you'd only have like 20 minutes of cartoons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Communist country doing communist country things.

In my country, before we killed our piece of shit commie president and got Democracy, they'd put propaganda on the TV all day and you'd only have like 20 minutes of cartoons.
    Lmao this sort of policy has nothing to do with communism, all countries put various restrictions on what kids can and cannot do.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Lmao this sort of policy has nothing to do with communism, all countries put various restrictions on what kids can and cannot do.
    Sorry but no, most civilized countries don't try and regulate what parents should be doing themselves, which is setting reasonable gaming time like my parents sure as heck did for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sorry but no, most civilized countries don't try and regulate what parents should be doing themselves, which is setting reasonable gaming time like my parents sure as heck did for me.
    Oh, but they do. You should probably take a good look at your own local laws for all sorts of things kids are not allowed to do in North America and various European countries.

I am guessing you don't have kids, so many parents want this because they don't want to raise their kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This is applies to children. Grind your ridiculous axe somewhere else.
    they claimed video games are "spiritual opium"
    Trust me, they'll come for the adults soon enough.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Too big of a market. china is a slave too money as much as the US is.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am guessing you don't have kids, so many parents want this because they don't want to raise their kids.
    Anyone who wants such a thing is an idiot, lazy and just demanding their government be more authoritarian and restrict people's rights. Raise your kids right and get involved in their lives, don't be lazy.

Anyone who wants such a thing is an idiot, lazy and just demanding their government be more authoritarian and restrict people's rights. Raise your kids right and get involved in their lives, don't be lazy.
    That's one side of the issue but think of how many times there's a mass shooting and you hear a politician blame it on "violent video games" so that they won't talk about gun reform. Now don't get me wrong this is China being their usual self but let's not kid ourselves a lot of politicians here in the US would do it in a heart beat. That's the side effect of having elected officials who are senior citizens, they don't understand any of this stuff.

My post was a response to them thinking it was appropriate to bring up jobs and sex work in the context of a restriction on the online playtime allotted to children by an authoritarian government... The ability to criticize obvious government overreach without dragging their own baggage into the topic is clearly a skill they haven't mastered yet.

How would they even monitor it...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    it won't be kids playing immortal. But those who are commuting. 2 hours average each way.
    And here I was thinking commuting 20 minutes to and back from work at the airport is a bit much already... :V

Too big of a market. china is a slave too money as much as the US is.
    Not gonna matter to them : money <<<<<< control.

One only needs to look at what they just did to the private tutoring industry which was estimated to $120 billion, more than 2 times the size of the mobile gaming sector.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    How would they even monitor it...?

- - - Updated - - -

And here I was thinking commuting 20 minutes to and back from work at the airport is a bit much already... :V
    Yup and that's mobile is king out there, everyone has a phone and if you're stuck on a train for 2 hours might as well use it to game.

As for how they would monitor, I think it has something to do with national ID and using it to log into games.

So I read kids can just register their online accounts under someone else's name to easily get around this, just like if they really want to learn what democracy is on the internet, they can get around it too. It's not really a big deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Correct, this is a Fascist country doing fascist things.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Correct, this is a Fascist country doing fascist things.
    Lmao this is an even more insane take.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    Not gonna matter to them : money <<<<<< control.

One only needs to look at what they just did to the private tutoring industry which was estimated to $120 billion, more than 2 times the size of the mobile gaming sector.
    Wanne bet on it? Because the video game market just keeps on growing. Banning private tutoring was only limited to the Chinese market.

As long as adults can be milked for mobile game and live service microtransactions companies will not give two shits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the "opium" has not so much to do with Marx ("alocohol is the opium of the working class") than to get images into peoples head of the opium wars and the resulting uneven treaties which still is a big topic in china - it's basically Nationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    As long as adults can be milked for mobile game and live service microtransactions companies will not give two shits.
    Not really, those adults were minors who got used to playing games these laws are basically eating at future revenues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Not really, those adults were minors who got used to playing games these laws are basically eating at future revenues.
    The market exists outside of China too.