Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    yea this was a big reason why I stopped playing. Running a single mythic + dungeon for weeks on end and not getting the gear you need while getting fucked by RNG and getting gear that is NOT what you need. I tried to keep up, but RNG was absolutely atrocious. I was done after running Necrotic Wake Mythic + and getting shafted on my last 3 runs before I quit where NO gear dropped for me. 40+ minutes of my time to get FUCKED. This is not fun. This is not progression for some by brainlessly running the same shit over and over.

All while seeing others get the gear they need.

5+ Year Old Account
    If they are actually underperforming in the raid then I understand your point, but some people are just exceptional even though they don't put much effort into game they still are able to outperform others. I don't know how they do this, but I know people who are like that.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-09-02 at 03:33 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah. If everything is meeting the expectations the raid lead set, no one is being carried. You're just asking for more than this group is willing to offer you or your asking for more than is necessary to complete the content.

If they don't want to farm M+ just to clear heroic or a few weeks sooner, that's the pace they chose. Find a group that matches your speed instead. Think of it like driving. If you're the one honking because you want to go 70 down a 45, that's a you problem. Not them. Take the highway.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    If you do raid prog but refuse to do M+ then you are being carried.
    Because M+ routes matter? Because M+ timers matter? Because M+ interrupt rotations matter? Because you play Mythic raids in a 1/3/1 comp?

Obviously not.

Because M+ gear matters? Is that why Method and Limit farm M+ for 8 weeks before killing a Mythic Raid boss??
    Because raiding doesn't drop any gear to help you progress farther/easier?

Or are you just trying to get AotC/CE and drop your sub? People should work harder/longer so you can stop playing the game?? Who's being carried??

I just do not understand people like this and how little shame they must have.
    Heres a clue:
    Play with 'those people' more.

M+ Pugging completely sucks for some spec/class/covenants. Offer to run M+ with them. Teach them how easy/fun it can be. Hell - carry them thru if you have to. Its will only make your raid team better, right? and you want to do every thing you can to help your raid team, right?? Right????

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you to the people who offered advice. Some helpful suggestions that I'll take on board.

This post seems to have triggered a lot more people than I thought it would though. I guess they are just the ones being carried in their guilds. Truth hurts I guess. Oh well.
    Or it could be that you're an elitist piss ant. Personally I'm seeing that as the more likely.

==========

I've seen far more inflamatory comments go without infractions, and really? Trolling? Whoever
    was the mod that handed out the infraction for this is a legitimate fucking idiot.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2021-09-03 at 09:19 PM.

Thank you to the people who offered advice. Some helpful suggestions that I'll take on board.

This post seems to have triggered a lot more people than I thought it would though. I guess they are just the ones being carried in their guilds. Truth hurts I guess. Oh well.
    Logs would really help.
    Dropahammer - Paladin
    Dropakeg-Thrall - BrM Monk
    Dropagrip-Thrall - Blood DK

Lol I was ~10 ilvl lower than people I raided with on my hunter, and still outdps'd all of them.

Still clearing content so I don't care. I got my KSM, I have no desire to grind out dungeons when I clearly don't actually need the gear.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-09-02 at 03:46 PM.

If you do raid prog but refuse to do M+ then you are being carried. If you are just raid logging and putting no effort into improving your character then you are literally a burden on your group.
    Top 4 in dps every boss. I'm such a burden to my group. I've seen all +15, max ilvl players dying to the easiest to avoid stuff and doing subpar dps. Gear has less to do with dps than actually learning and caring how to play properly.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Or it could be that you're an elitist piss ant. Personally I'm seeing that as the more likely.
    I just wanted to read some opinions and maybe source some advice. You seem triggered and I'm pretty sure I know why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Or people don't take kindly to arrogant and elitist posts? You seem to be one of those types of people who like to be assholes to others and rebuttle with, "I GuEsS tHe TrUtH hUrTs, eH? hur hur hur"
    Actually, I just wanted to see what other people thought and maybe get some advice. You seem unnecessarily upset about what I've said. Clearly I've struck a nerve.
    Last edited by Chriisto; 2021-09-02 at 03:58 PM.

If you do raid prog but refuse to do M+ then you are being carried. If you are just raid logging and putting no effort into improving your character then you are literally a burden on your group.

I think of it like this - It's a team sport and you refuse to turn up for practice each week before we play because you think you are better than everyone else even though you are overweight and never score.

What does everyone else think? We have a few people like this in my guild and it really pisses me off. It probably shouldn't but it honestly makes me feel like giving up when some of us are throwing everything we have at a boss whilst others may as well be afk. I know, find another guild. I just do not understand people like this and how little shame they must have.
    You are only ever being carried if you are performing sub par for the encounter. For example- if 4k is required from dps for the encounter and you can't do 4k, then you are being carried. If you can manage the 4k and master the mechanics then you are not being carried. Gear score doesn't matter at all in this, just the requirements for the encounter.

If the encounter requires 4k dps- you don't have to go run a bunch of M+ so that you can do 5k and out gear the encounter so that someone posting on a forum doesn't consider you being "carried."

Some people like to over gear things a bit so that they have a "cushion" for mistakes. That's fine, but the encounters do not require it nor are you being "carried" if you don't do that. It's perfectly fine to not get zealous about over gearing, just play the game- meet the requirements and down the boss.

People way over estimate the difficulty of these bosses/encounters- you really don't even need a guide for most of them.

OPs comment is a large part why i quit raiding, cause he's correct

I just wanna raid log and prog, not grind stuff i have no interest in

I just wanted to read some opinions and maybe source some advice. You seem triggered and I'm pretty sure I know why.
    all you said was that you "raid prog", which can mean anything from struggling in heroic to top 50 in the world depending on who you ask. so yeah a tad more info wouldn't hurt if you want more appropriate advice.

if you struggle in heroic then yeah, gear from M+ is something that will help you more than anything else.

but if you are currently on painsmith mythic or beyond, gear won't help you at all.

I think of it like this - It's a team sport and you refuse to turn up for practice each week before we play because you think you are better than everyone else even though you are overweight and never score.

What does everyone else think? We have a few people like this in my guild and it really pisses me off. It probably shouldn't but it honestly makes me feel like giving up when some of us are throwing everything we have at a boss whilst others may as well be afk. I know, find another guild. I just do not understand people like this and how little shame they must have.
    Ever consider some people have jobs and kids? Everyone for themselves makes a consideration of how much effort they can or are willing to put it. I know players that grinded 24 hours a week for a 0,5% dps increase. Some people simply have neither the time or will so find like minded people to play with.

For this reason raiding guilds have minimum requirements and a bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You're technically not wrong, but it's a matter of degrees.

You could just as well argue that if you aren't spending 15 hours a day grinding for gear, you're a burden on your group because you're not doing ALL YOU COULD to improve. And then you could say why not 16 hours?!
    Well there is no practical difference between 15 vs 16 hrs.

The difference between spending 2 hrs to do 4 dungeons a week vs raid logging is gonna be like 25% DPS.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

You're not entirely wrong, OP.

But you also can't expect everyone in your raid to enjoy the same things you do. I think m+ are a lot of fun, more so than raiding, even. But I wouldn't enforce it if I were, for example a guild leader. I would appreciate it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You're not entirely wrong, OP.

But you also can't expect everyone in your raid to enjoy the same things you do. I think m+ are a lot of fun, more so than raiding, even. But I wouldn't enforce it if I were, for example a guild leader. I would appreciate it, though.
    it's always funny when guild leaders enforce M+ but then put 0 effort into organizing guildruns to help the people who don't have time or have a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Well there is no practical difference between 15 vs 16 hrs.

The difference between spending 2 hrs to do 4 dungeons a week vs raid logging is gonna be like 25% DPS.
    I'm not sure if you're intentionally missing the point or not. It's not about it being exactly 15 or 16 hours - it's about there being no end to what MORE you could do. You do 4 dungeons? Why not 5? Why not 40? It would be an increase to your performance!

The point is, there will obviously be a line drawn somewhere - and it's about finding a guild for yourself where most members draw that line in a place you're comfortable with. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    it's always funny when guild leaders enforce M+ but then put 0 effort into organizing guildruns to help the people who don't have time or have a hard time.
    Yeah. If you're going to expect your raiders to do m+, you most definitely need to give a hand organizing it. For somebody who doesn't regularly do m+s, it might be pretty daunting to get into, and you can't just force people to pug m+ because of your own desires to have them gear it.

I definitely agree with that. If you expect something, you gotta give something.

Or people don't take kindly to arrogant and elitist posts? You seem to be one of those types of people who like to be assholes to others and rebuttle with, "I GuEsS tHe TrUtH hUrTs, eH? hur hur hur"
    Why do I seem upset to you? Because I called your post out for the truth? I guess the truth hurts
    O.o

Hurr durr?

except for few DPS check bosses its far, FAR more important to do the tactic corectly than doing insane dps...
    and last time i checked, raid tactic wasnt dependant on gear...

if they have worse gear/dps than what leader is asking for they shouldnt be there, if they are above the minimum required by leader they are not being carried, as long as they follow tactics and do their best