15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Sure, but void elf fans are not the majority Wowhead news has to cater to. There might be many, but not as many as people interested in story changes or new mounts and such.
    I don't have numbers on this? Do you?
    Anyways, just hoping to try this out myself. I think this was the last wowhead stream I watched. No offense (again)
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

7+ Year Old Account
    Surely there are better things to bring up than Stiven not being enthusiastic enough.

You can just browse the options yourself once PTR is up or wowhead updates their model viewer.
    Jeez.

Formerly known as Arafal

The broken horn on the fem Lightforged Draenei is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Surely there are better things to bring up than Stiven not being enthusiastic enough.

You can just browse the options yourself once PTR is up or wowhead updates their model viewer.
    Jeez.
    Let us hope it comes up soon because otherwise Stiven appears to be in for a bad time.

What's with the boot icons? Interesting one is involving dragons.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The broken horn on the fem Lightforged Draenei is nice.
    Agreed. I'd say the Lightforged as a whole look quite nice. The tinfoil side of me wants to suggest this is because of potential Yrel shenanigans on the horizon.

Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I don't have numbers on this? Do you?
    Anyways, just hoping to try this out myself. I think this was the last wowhead stream I watched. No offense (again)
    I'm sure you and the other dozen void elf fans are gonna be happy this patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah call me maniac or whatever. But isn't the whole point of data mining the exitement for the game?
    I mean, I am a software dev myself, tech is nice etc etc, but in terms of WoW it is purely the game. And not the moment I would identify some id or whatever.
    It feels to me like the data mining stuff is not really helping out with its initial purpose. It only exists because people have fun digging in the corpses of builds Just an impression, could be wrong ofc
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty obvious, but Winter Veil stuff shows pretty clear no 9.2 this year.

I honestly just mute the wowhead stream and put it to the side while doing other stuff. I like seeing the new datamined stuff quickly but not necessarily a fan of listening to it. No hate to the crew, thanks for the work, but I like being excited and I don't like when others damper it. It's why I rarely come to mmo c too, just small doses

Forgive me if its been mentioned since there's been like 12 pages since I last logged on (lost power last night due to Ida, got it back mid afternoon today), but I saw mention elsewhere of potentially the flying spell tome mount as a cash shop thing? Is that accurate?

Yeah call me maniac or whatever. But isn't the whole point of data mining the exitement for the game?
    I mean, I am a software dev myself, tech is nice etc etc, but in terms of WoW it is purely the game. And not the moment I would identify some id or whatever.
    It feels to me like the data mining stuff is not really helping out with its initial purpose. It only exists because people have fun digging in the corpses of builds Just an impression, could be wrong ofc
    And not the moment I would identify some id or whatever.
    Ironically, any new tech/new systems/matching up things/puzzling is my favorite thing about datamining. Not even content. The only content I like looking for is stuff that's in-development or remains of scrapped ideas/future things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Forgive me if its been mentioned since there's been like 12 pages since I last logged on (lost power last night due to Ida, got it back mid afternoon today), but I saw mention elsewhere of potentially the flying spell tome mount as a cash shop thing? Is that accurate?
    Yep.
    NEW NAK's Test Mount [DNT]
    Description: In the forgotten depths of the Dalaran library, this oversized tome was found flapping madly around the room. Open the pages of this arcane-infused book and hitch a ride to magical adventure.
    Source: In Game Shop

Model id: 102040
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-dat...ter-pet-324020

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    https://gyazo.com/63c2448656b36d91ffd481e1e3b16ac3

This is unironically so pathetic.
    If they knew what my garrison shipyard ships are called they'd ban me for life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ironically, any new tech/new systems/matching up things/puzzling is my favorite thing about datamining. Not even content. The only content I like looking for is stuff that's in-development or remains of scrapped ideas/future things.
    Alright. I think it is pretty cool what you've build up there. Really impressive! (wowtools, right?)
    Just wanted to express that it looks to me that wowhead, data-miners and people actually beeing exited about World Of Warcraft are not nessecarly connected to each other anymore. Which is a pitty, in my humble opinion. And I could imagine that this is the reason why blizzard is not so super happy about data mining in the first place. Because it does not always cater to the exitement of the game but rather its own purpose

Hm. On the one hand, that is the mount I voted for in the contest.

On the other hand, damn it, a cash shop?

...hate that I may well buy it then.

Alright. I think it is pretty cool what you've build up there. Really impressive! (wowtools, right?)
    Just wanted to express that it looks to me that wowhead, data-miners and people actually beeing exited about World Of Warcraft are not nessecarly connected to each other anymore. Which is a pitty, in my humble opinion. And I could imagine that this is the reason why blizzard is not so super happy about data mining in the first place. Because it does not always cater to the exitement of the game but rather its own purpose
    Stiven's personal preferences don't go for the preferences of all dataminers. There's several I can think of that do look for customization things (e.g. keyboardturner on Twitter) or focus on story related things.

As for Blizzard's relation with datamining, they don't like datamining when it comes to spoilers or unannounced store content (which is why they spent so much time on encrypting things), they don't really care about most other things these days. Heck, they appreciate it when we encounter and report data bugs.

Also, to be clear, no offense taken or anything. I love writing about this kind of stuff and actually have a several-page document I hope to release one day on Blizzard's relation with dataminers.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2021-09-02 at 10:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stiven's personal preferences don't go for the preferences of all dataminers. There's several I can think of that do look for customization things (e.g. keyboardturner on Twitter) or focus on story related things.

As for Blizzard's relation with datamining, they don't like datamining when it comes to spoilers or unannounced store content (which is why they spent so much time on encrypting things), they don't really care about most other things these days. Heck, they appreciate it when we encounter and report data bugs.

Also, to be clear, no offense taken or anything. I love writing about this kind of stuff and actually have a several-page document I hope to release one day on Blizzard's relation with dataminers.
    Yeah keyboardturner is my fav "dataminer". He/she expresses actually exitment for the game. I think this person looks like he/she actually PLAYS the game Which should be the first step in this whole story (IMO).

Anyways, thanks for what you are doing, I am going to sleep /wave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Hm. On the one hand, that is the mount I voted for in the contest.

On the other hand, damn it, a cash shop?

...hate that I may well buy it then.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see this as one of their 6-month sub incentive mounts. If so, it'll at least be "free" for a handful of us.