Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also I want to add...

Mischief Makers

Seeing how far animation in eastern video games have come in regards to making video games more animated I would love to see this game remade
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-08-26 at 12:23 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I was gonna say Perfect Dark but...

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I'd love Betrayal at Krondor remake (remaster might not be enough for this stoneage game :P).
    Only if they changed the characters to reflect what they looked like in the books. Pug and Arutha are about as opposite as they could be compared to their novel counterpart.

Burnout 3.

None. Remakes though, kotor 1&2, and all Legacy Of Kain games. And throw a new one in there for good measure.
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2021-08-26 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Only if they changed the characters to reflect what they looked like in the books. Pug and Arutha are about as opposite as they could be compared to their novel counterpart.
    True, still I really enjoyed that and I still remember the tavern music

10+ Year Old Account
    Imperialism II
    Railroad Tycoon III
    Lords of the Realm II
    Battlefield 1942

A bummer they lost the source code for Heroes of Might & Magic 3 expansion packs, I'd have loved to have them for the remastered edition. HOMM3 is also one of the games I prefer remastered rather than fully remade, since a lot of the charm comes from the original aesthetic; they'd have to very closely follow it if they were to remake the game. None of the newer games in the franchise gripped me like HOMM3 did. HOMM4 was an adequate attempt, but ultimately a lesser game.

I'm aware of the HD mod for the original, just haven't tested it yet.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Just for nostalgia's sake, a couple of good ol' classics by Microprose back in the 90s, [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Magic"]Master of Magic[/URL
    Absolutely amazing game and one of the first I ever bought on CD-ROM (still got the disc scratched to fuck and non working)...I heard there is a remaster on the way, can't remember where I heard it or when but will update if I find more.

Edit: It's getting a reboot done by Slitherine, hopefully it won't be terrible

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    ooo I just thought of another one, well two actually, one remaster and a remake:

Remaster: Starfox64 (with PC port plz!)

Remake: I want a new Megaman game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    A bummer they lost the source code for Heroes of Might & Magic 3 expansion packs, I'd have loved to have them for the remastered edition. HOMM3 is also one of the games I prefer remastered rather than fully remade, since a lot of the charm comes from the original aesthetic; they'd have to very closely follow it if they were to remake the game. None of the newer games in the franchise gripped me like HOMM3 did. HOMM4 was an adequate attempt, but ultimately a lesser game.

I'm aware of the HD mod for the original, just haven't tested it yet.
    I on the other hand was NOT aware of an HD mod for HOMM3 and will now be googling that instead of working apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    It's getting a reboot done by Slitherine, hopefully it won't be terrible
    OMG I didn't know anything about it... Here's hoping that it's a D2 kind of remaster, not the WC3 kind, do let me know if you come across anything
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Gothic I and Gothic II!
    Yes! Also, somehow the modding community for those two games is still going strong.

None, almost all remasters are objectively shitter than the original.

Made an account after lurking for ~12yrs, just to say, Nosgoth. The game that was multiplayer only, incredibly balanced for the design, and more fun times for me in the 2months while it was up than the 12yrs of wow, that I would HAPPILY pay $50 for it.

Pls gimme Nosgoth.

-Spore

-DBZ: Legacy of Goku I, II, & III for GBA. Fantastic games. Basically primitive ARPG. Freaking amazing games (well, 2 & 3 - 1 was crap).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    None, almost all remasters are objectively shitter than the original.
    "Objectively" - There is no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    -Spore

-DBZ: Legacy of Goku I, II, & III for GBA. Fantastic games. Basically primitive ARPG. Freaking amazing games (well, 2 & 3 - 1 was crap).

- - - Updated - - -

"Objectively" - There is no such thing.
    Yes - objectively.

Remasters are steaming piles of shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people these days seem to know "Clash at Demonhead" as a band in Scott Pilgrim, but well before that it was a side-scroller NES game. While the old game has some pretty cheesy writing by today's standards, a good uplift of the story/graphics/characters & you could potentially have the start of a new franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yes - objectively.

Remasters are steaming piles of shit
    No, you just don't enjoy them. True objectivity is impossible - the intent & result of works of entertainment exists solely within our minds. It's subjective by definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throwing in another old classic NES game here...The Battle of Olympus. It was sort of a mix between Zelda 2 & Castlevania, with weapons you could buy & swap between as well as a map that you could consistently jump back & forth between zones. It was crazy hard at the time, but pretty fun as well. Here's a long play through vid to give you an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E9E4o_IPhA

Sacrifice

Great game, I still fire it up every now and then.