Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Requiring an authenticator to post custom groups seems like the least bad solution to the boosting bot issue. It won't eliminate it obviously but should thin out the herd somewhat.
    Authenticators are extremely easy to get and can be acquired digitally and free. I'll be surprised if this does anything significant to the announcement of boosting services.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yes...
    Let's rename all pun/joke achievement names.
    It will definitely fix the game and help all hurt people by Blizzard.

'My sack'... really?
    English is not my 1st language but i think i can use it quite well.
    Still had to google 'examples' to understand.

Anyone can explain what is wrong with 'Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's' tho?
    The joke dehumanizes women in a way that's malign and expresses the view that they should automatically be tossed aside without any reflection if there's a conflict of interest between a woman you're intimate with and a close male friend.
    Last edited by Quaade; 2021-09-03 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Again. Reminder for you guys. Who participate in this promotions - is enemy for himself. Because again Blizzard try to "save" Wow not via fixing it, but via 100500 promotions. If you will participate in then, when situation with game is so obviously bad, that even devs openly admit it - you will always get this promotions instead of real fixes. It's again feels like everything will be fixed in 10.0. Problem is, if Blizzard will milk enough money from you without actually fixing their game and will escape from this situation again - 10.0 will be the same crap.
    9.1.5 is literally full of fixes that the community has been asking for.

And they just keep adding more fixes with every day that passes.

But you're going to throw a fit and exaggerate the amount of promotions?

Which mind you, if you're including sales/bundles as a promotions, that makes...2.
    The Sarge hearthstone mount, and now these new bundles. Hardly worth considering each sale it's own promotion when they're all linked together.

Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    Are people really triggered/offended and calling a 5th grade joke sexist? for real?

Jeez some people need to grow some backbone
    Translation (based on the subconscious thought process at work): I dislike that some things I saw as normal are now being called sexists. Sexism is something only bad people engage in and if since I said those things I'm now bad and I'm a good person so nothing I do can be bad. The definition is the real bad here!!!

You're just a person who can make good or bad actions and often will do one while thinking it's the other. Good and bad are post hoc value judgments we attach to actions after we've decided to do them in order to make us doing them fit into our personal narrative.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Christ this dumb ass woke cancel culture is killing me. I want to come back, but these "changes" are killing that desire.
    Dunno why you put changes in quotation marks; they are changes. Also if the changing of a word or two here and there in achievements or quests etc is the thing that stops you from coming back then let’s be honest you weren’t going to come back. People come back for content; they don’t not come back to tiny reasons like this. Such a petty reason; oh I’m not coming back because they’re woke. Yeah removing sexist shit in game is woke now is it? People would’ve said similar things back when horribly racist terms got removed from things, didn’t make them right!

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    The joke dehumanizes women in a way that's malign and expresses the view that they should automatically be tossed aside without any reflection if there's a conflict of interest between a woman you're intimate with and a close male friend.
    Okayyy...
    That was deep explanation.
    I would never ever even imagine you can understand that in such one sided way.
    How about... these are just words that were not offending 99.9% players for more than 10 years now?

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    ...How? Some employees being garbage-people doesn't retroactively taint everything in the game.
    It does.

It's the same thing as if you've ever seen the movie "The Devil's Advocate." The last five minutes of the movie retroactively ruins everything that comes before it and everything before it is quite good. So, to truly appreciate the experience you have to ignore the last five minutes of it.

A more recent example would be the Quintessential Quintuplets (manga adapted into an anime) which until the last two chapters is quite decent and then the twist at the end shits the bed so hard that it retroactively ruins the entire series and the chosen framing device. Essentially expressing that all the time you've invested in the narrative was a waste.

So yea. Some people acting extremely badly does taint some already problematic names.

- - - Updated - - -

Okayyy...
    That was deep explanation.
    I would never ever even imagine you can understand that in such one sided way.
    How about... these are just words that were not offending 99.9% players for more than 10 years now?
    It's in my education. I always see things from all angles now, it's an automatic response. This means that even my surface takes will be a lot deeper than most other people's.

Just because you're unaware of something existing has no influence on its existence, it just means that you're unaware of it. These jokes are the result of a cultural influence to in several ways denigrate the feminine without being openly misogynistic. This is by now systemic and people do it without realising it. Take the seemingly innocent-sounding phrase, "Hello ladies." It's almost always used in the context of one man saying it to a group of other men failing to live up to their expectations for physical behaviour. Going deeper into the contextual application of the phrase it expresses that women are deficient and that these men have suffered a horrible insult by being called one.

The worst thing that can happen to a man in most cultures is to be feminized. And there are loads of labels and phrases applied to men that it meant to signify that they're somehow failing to live up to the messenger's masculine ideals.

Authenticators are extremely easy to get and can be acquired digitally and free. I'll be surprised if this does anything significant to the announcement of boosting services.
    In theory and if Blizzard is correct it would at least make a dent. By Blizz's statement we can see

1. Most of the ads are from compromised accounts
    2. Blizz can tell in some way they were compromised therefore won't ban an innocent party

Like I said it's easy to forget there's a ton of people who may of come in AFTER authenticators were introduced so the hacking of people to steal their stuff and gold went way down plus the tokens introduction dropped the demand of 3rd party gold sellers. Add in there's a chance wow isn't some of these people's main game and no one cares if you hack their Diablo account or their Hearthstone simply cause you can't sell your cards/Diablo Gear/OW and HoTS cosmetics

But by hacking a wow account slapping an ad and logging off people probably wouldn't even realize you did it. The group ad gets deleted before anyone noticed (where 3 more pop in its place) and since it's just noise no one would know the difference. IF all that's the case they would have to post the account themselves of which not only adds an extra step but allows Blizz to actually ban them and possibly a different direction of banning by hardware banning the phone the authenticator was on which adds another expensive step just to slap an add on LFG

It's in my education. I always see things from all angles now, it's an automatic response. This means that even my surface takes will be a lot deeper than most other people's.

Just because you're unaware of something existing has no influence on its existence, it just means that you're unaware of it. These jokes are the result of a cultural influence to in several ways denigrate the feminine without being openly misogynistic. This is by now systemic and people do it without realising it. Take the seemingly innocent-sounding phrase, "Hello ladies." It's almost always used in the context of one man saying it to a group of other men failing to live up to their expectations for physical behaviour. Going deeper into the contextual application of the phrase it expresses that women are deficient and that these men have suffered a horrible insult by being called one.

The worst thing that can happen to a man in most cultures is to be feminized. And there are loads of labels and phrases applied to men that it meant to signify that they're somehow failing to live up to the messenger's masculine ideals.
    You are one one a few people here that give very good and rational arguments.
    I am impressed and kudos to you.

Still think that most of these updates are total waste of time and even if you are right.
    Changing in-game words will not fix irl problems with that company or world.
    I have not seen any people asking for these past 10 years... it all started from lawsuit.

Now, if they put up that advertising thing on trade channel as well and make sell runs for gold illegal it might actually make a difference.

Holiday Bromance Name changed from "Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's" to "Holiday Bromance".
    The day when humor died.
    Last edited by Boddhi; 2021-09-03 at 08:16 AM.

Who in the everloving fuck cares about achievent names? You people are the most pathetic bunch of filthy losers ever.

Infract me if needed, bit this is beyond stupid. The bottom of society.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2021-09-03 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Christ this dumb ass woke cancel culture is killing me. I want to come back, but these "changes" are killing that desire.
    While I do think that things like that are silly, I do think quoted is equally silly.

It's so minor that it's kinda funny seeing someone turn it into make it or break it issue.

And yes in foreseeable future Blizz will be jumping out of their skin to show how they are pro [insert social justice fad here], it's understandable. And it's not because they truly believe this, but because it's good for business.

All companies do this crap. Reminds me of some investigation that was done for such corporations and their message to appropriate audiences. They have no problem telling people what they want to hear, including in giga conservative societies like in Middle East where it's a whole different message. You don't see them waving rainbow flags and pins or think much of gender equality there.

In the end what counts is what they really do. It's like Nike and shit who have no issues making their shit in some sweatshops in Vietnam, despite their SJW messaging to western customers.

Social justice ends where money begins. Unless it makes more money.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-09-03 at 08:31 AM.

Oh ffs are you serious? So many cool potential mounts in Legion they could have used and they just slap in another tint of Hippogryph?

Blizzard is adding things in the 9.1.5 patch, the things that should be add/done with the weekly reset so they could call it "a big patch".

the irony when just under post where blizzard is speaking about how they dont like boost is advert for "buy mythic + 15 now "

hillarius :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a new Celestial transom set? It looks amazing and I wish it could be acquired through in-game activities rather than through the cash shop.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Blizzard is adding things in the 9.1.5 patch, the things that should be add/done with the weekly reset so they could call it "a big patch".
    Look on the bright side. It is on the PTR already not 4 months from now. They really want to put out something before Endwalker. Unlucky for them, the deep rooted issues with the game would take years to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    9.1.5 is literally full of fixes that the community has been asking for.

And they just keep adding more fixes with every day that passes.

But you're going to throw a fit and exaggerate the amount of promotions?

Which mind you, if you're including sales/bundles as a promotions, that makes...2.
    The Sarge hearthstone mount, and now these new bundles. Hardly worth considering each sale it's own promotion when they're all linked together.

Kidding? They are trying to ducttape their own game to make people not leave like they are right now. Half the shit they have put into 9.1.5 is stuff they said they could NEVER do in earlier posts. Stop defending this kind of practice, most of this stuff should have been in the game from start not added when you are in full cordpulling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Look on the bright side. It is on the PTR already not 4 months from now. They really want to put out something before Endwalker. Unlucky for them, the deep rooted issues with the game would take years to fix.
    To be fair blizzard could start a campaign FOR the harassment of woman and i'd still play wow>endwalker (will play a week or two like usual to finish the endgame).

Unless endwalker has a complete rework of the games combat and adds more than one ultimate ever year or whatever. Than i'd be on board.

Yes...
    Let's rename all pun/joke achievement names.
    It will definitely fix the game and help all hurt people by Blizzard.

'My sack'... really?
    English is not my 1st language but i think i can use it quite well.
    Still had to google 'examples' to understand.

Anyone can explain what is wrong with 'Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's' tho?

---

I also do not think that requirement of auth will change much but it still better than nothing i guess.
    "My sack is Gigantique" -> double entendre between bag and scrotum. This I don't get why they replaced it, other than it's a bit crude I don't find it specially sexist.

"Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's" -> https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...0before%20hoes
    This, I totally get it.