Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    yeah it's based
    So you support a law that forces non-Christians to be held to account of a religion they don't even believe in?

Why should anyone believe you EVER supported a Jewish candidate?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    More like the Stasi. Turn everyone into an informant.
    Yeah, that would probably be more accurate.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I live in Texas. Thankfully in Austin so I get to miss most the looney stuff but it still isn't that hard to notice. Truth is the R's are going mad because they realize they aren't invulnerable in elections here anymore. Yeah they still have a sizable advantage but what was once a 99% sure win has become like a 90% chance at the win and it is trending away from them so they are doing whatever it takes to rally their shrinking base. Suppressing the vote, kicking down the Mexicans, and then trying to appeal to their hardcores is all they got left to slow the trend.

Truth is it is all over their own making. They wanted to appeal to companies from New York, California, and other more liberal states to come to Texas because the rich people in your company won't have to pay shit, your company won't have to pay shit, and only your workers will get fucked when it comes to taxes so the flocked here. Sure the higher ups probably support the R's but most the people they brought with them.. well.. pretty liberal still. Then the Mexican situation. I know it is really popular for R's to hate them now but for most of the 80s and 90s they pretty much looked the other way because they were more or less the slaves that built the state from cowboy land to a state filled with major modern cities. The R's loved exploiting the cheap.. well.. slave wage labor so their money bag donors/friends could build cities, highways, and whatever else they wanted for almost free. What they didn't see was all the illegals would have kids here. These kids would become citizens. Then their kids would be born here too and then become citizens. These people that were treated as slaves and are now being kicked whenever possible for good reason aren't so friendly to the R's and they can vote now.

So what you are seeing is the panic button being hit. Firing in all directions to do whatever it takes to at least make it miserable for those that would challenge them. Odds are it will only further motivate the opposition. I doubt it will happen soon, but it is pretty much the sign of the R's fall in the state. Probably in a decade the people will finally be able to over turn most of these loony laws. But until then.. under the heel a lot of people will be. Sad but true.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-09-03 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    A lot of the laws passed are to protect people's rights....even people who are liberal minded,

A mod comparing Texans to the taliban...guess we should let terrorists come in to our airport and blow people up like they are doing curently.
    Unless you are a woman who wants to have her reproductive freedoms protected and now medical providers who help. I'm sure Texas is right up there with protecting rights of minorities such as the LBGTQ communities as well. But go on and continue to tell us how Texas is so good for all peoples again when the rank dead last in personal freedoms.

American conservative terrorism has done far more destruction, cause more deaths, and is a bigger threat to America than Islamic terrorism. But, sure have your little feels hurt because a relatively apt comparison was made.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    No state income tax and incentives for corporations to move...that is why businesses come to Texas. I see all the trolling and whining about Texas.....I also remember pages and pages of wishful wet dreams you guys kept posting about Texas turning purple to help democrats. I said it more then once, never going to happen. Texas is a state of mind for most of it's residents. People assimilate when they have been here long enough. A lot of the laws passed are to protect people's rights....even people who are liberal minded, but keep ignoring that fact because we don't need you guys coming to Texas anyways. Need to keep it red.

- - - Updated - - -

A mod comparing Texans to the taliban...guess we should let terrorists come in to our airport and blow people up like they are doing curently.
    You mean like the right to get an abortion?

Oh wait...

7+ Year Old Account
    Good article to read for iPhone users.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3x9...tent=algorithm

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’m not sure it’s smart to encourage people to break the law like this. Especially since people aren’t masking their IP in anyway. Reminder, just because you don’t hear about it doesn’t mean people don’t get charged for this kind of shit.
    Making fake anonymous reports is breaking the law now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not sure it’s smart to encourage people to break the law like this. Especially since people aren’t masking their IP in anyway. Reminder, just because you don’t hear about it doesn’t mean people don’t get charged for this kind of shit.
    On the other hand...reporting the site for soliciting private information about other people to GoDaddy (the host of the site) is definitely legal.
    https://www.newsweek.com/texas-websi...-rules-1625692

Oh, and if anyone feels like reporting the Stasi-style tipline website to GoDaddy for violating its ToS, because it is soliciting private information, here is the link to the report page for reporting sites that are being hosted on GoDaddy for having content that violates the ToS or the law.
    https://supportcenter.godaddy.com/AbuseReport

And hey, if they wind up being kicked off the hosting platform for their gross violation of privacy rights, that is just the free market at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Question 1, multiple choice:

_________ wants to protect their borders and promote national/regional pride, denounce outsiders because they destroy cultural traditions, wants government to have a religious focus, do not want women to have the right to choose, likes to be armed, will rush a capital building, fully armed if they don't like something.

A. The Taliban
    B. Texas
    C. Republicans
    D. All of the above
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

You mean people might have to actually risk something in order to demonstration practical support in their beliefs?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The line would be the blatant hypocrisy and authoritarianism of Texas, which ranks dead last in personal freedom in the United States. It's the big lie of the GOP, that they even try and pretend to give a shit about freedom and liberty.

Texas crossed that line so fucking far, they'll never find it again. They've gone plaid.
    To be fair I can’t think of a political party of any note that is in line with your principles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    So you voted for the person who would do more military intervention instead?
    By what objective measure was Donald Trump worse on interventionism than any president of the modern era or even Hillary Clinton? Libya would like to say hello.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    No, you brought up reasons to not vote for Hilary. It’s o. Topic. Why are you afraid of minorities?
    I’m not? My entire family are minorities. My point from the other thread is that I’ve never had that fact waggled in front of my face so much as in the past decade by progressives. And it’s still rude by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    To be fair I can’t think of a political party of any note that is in line with your principles

- - - Updated - - -

By what objective measure was Donald Trump worse on interventionism than any president of the modern era or even Hillary Clinton? Libya would like to say hello.
    The objective measure where he tried to pick a fight with Iran, escalated drone warfare while reducing its transparency and bent over for the Saudis during their Yemen misadventure.

Also you know fuck all about Libya.

I’m curious when he grew up if “whiteness wasn’t a thing.” Must have been a loooooong time ago.
    38. I’m old I know but no, the concept of whiteness as some kind of overarching boogie man from which all the world’s ills stem did not exist in the mainstream. Its largely come about post-internet where fringe ideas like ‘whiteness’ and ‘anti-vaccination’ have become amplified.

- - - Updated - - -

The objective measure where he tried to pick a fight with Iran, escalated drone warfare while reducing its transparency and bent over for the Saudis during their Yemen misadventure.

Also you know fuck all about Libya.
    I only have to say one word to flip the script on your entire argument. Iraq.

And did we or did we not pick a side in Libya and send it careening toward failed state and leave its people to pick up the pieces? Who made that call? How many failed states did Donald Trump assist in creating? Stop drinking the Kool-aid.
    Last edited by D3thray; 2021-09-03 at 04:47 PM.

"anti vaccination" has become a hot button topic when ummmmm a global pandemic is happening? funny coincidence...

I only have to say one word to flip the script on your entire argument. Iraq.
    Another military misadventure that Trump liked.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/29/polit...ion/index.html

Another military misadventure that Trump liked.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/29/polit...ion/index.html
    Ever heard the phrase actions speak louder than words? We all pretty much accepted what the Bush administration told us in the aftermath of 9/11. And then we learned we were lied to. You have yet to show that Donald Trump was worse than Bush or Obama. Need I remind you Hillary was Secretary of State under Obama and helped orchestrate our Libya strategy and wanted to do the same in Syria?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not? My entire family are minorities. My point from the other thread is that I’ve never had that fact waggled in front of my face so much as in the past decade by progressives. And it’s still rude by the way.
    But, the Democrats aren't trying to lie and pretend they give a shit about liberty or small government.

That's a lie you Republicans own.

As for racism, it simply has gotten pointed out more. It's another problem the GOP has.

Ever heard the phrase actions speak louder than words? We all pretty much accepted what the Bush administration told us in the aftermath of 9/11. And then we learned we were lied to. You have yet to show that Donald Trump was worse than Bush or Obama. Need I remind you Hillary was Secretary of State under Obama and helped orchestrate our Libya strategy and wanted to do the same in Syria?
    Yes Trumps actual actions were that of a warmonger. The only reason there weren’t more military misadventures was because Trump lacked the brains to execute them.

You mean like siding with murderers and despots nearly every chance he got?

North Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Yemen... all when they were being extra shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    uh, Trump shitshow thread is thataway ----->