Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I felt a connection and attachment to something more, something greater than simply being a tauren druid or a pandaren monk or a nightborne mage. A unique path, a special identity, a story, representing something specific in the game and world, is an rpg element we don't see and one that I felt was strong and defining. I can still pretend I am more dedicated and loyal and so on, but the fact that game doesn't require it anymore, is kind of sad.

I still feel shaman should be horde and paladins should be alliance, because of the aesthetics and so on. There's something special about traditions, ideals, beliefs, heritages, histories, affinities, adeptnesses, customs, food, music, clothing style, architecture, tribes clans, peoples, kingdoms, bases, alliance, horde, and so on, identity and belonging, being linked to specifics. I don't consider these things restrictions, I consider them homes. The more our individual an rpg elements blur and become meaningless, the worse I think for wow's health, appeal, and longevity.

Not long from now, people will wish we had a path(s) that we choose that we can carve out our own place in the world and further enrich out character and story with. Which is what I thought they were doing with this type of alignment. I felt the choice was meaningful and personal, and special. I think in the future when people request a way to progress their character and represent something that other people don't, such as this one, the developers might think well they tried and people whined, didn't appreciate that kind of path.

I think it's cool to look at another character and know they're representing this or that based on the armor they choose to wear, such as covenant-specific pieces, but now anyone can where anything and nothing matters or has any deeper meaning or importance. I consider that sad and a loss for the game, world, and us all. I think people are too entitled to instant gratification and getting their way upon disliking something, rather than see the unique capabilities and potential immersion and beauty and be able to wear something because you are involved with a culture, group, faction, etc, and therefore have earned the blessing to prove you are part of them and have chosen a path, a path that sets you apart in small but important ways, from everyone around you.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2021-09-03 at 02:01 AM.

Dunno about now, but back in old times he didn't listen anything in Twitter. When he didn't like feedback - he simply blacklisted me and that's it. No bad feedback.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Hazzikostas still employed?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Even if he does a 180 and does listen to everything, people will never forget the past failures of expansions and as long as he is the game director just keep on blaming him, even if he does mostly right things from now on. Blizzard needs to get rid of this generation of WoW Lead Devs and replace them. They have a bad reputation that will stick. Ion is almost Jay Wilson level of bad reputation by now. He needs to step down and leave the game to someone else. I am okay with him being Raid Designer again, tho.

Why are you still posting?

Ha, THAT'S him after all of this shit going on basically told him, "Drop some of that bass out of your voice when you talk to me".

wasn't covenants/renown supossed to be purely cosmetic?

why on earth didn't they use some kind of talent system for the covenant abilities? we tecnically learned them while leveling

why not make the soulbind system outside covenants so it wouldn't impact your gameplay regardless what covenant you chose?

i'm a dumb mf and maybe i'm not seeing the bigger picture but those seem to be problems pretty easy to solve
    Last edited by Miross; 2021-09-03 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    wasn't covenants/renown supossed to be purely cosmetic?

why on earth didn't they use some kind of talent system for the covenant abilities? we tecnically learned them while leveling

why not make the soulbind system outside covenants so it wouldn't impact your gameplay regardless what covenant we chose?

i'm a dumb mf and maybe i'm not seeing the bigger picture but those seem to be problems pretty easy to solve
    no, power being part of covenants was part of the system since announcement. people like me, bellular, asmongold, and preach all WANTED it to be cosmetic only.

I truly think the people that think cross faction raiding is somehow important to the game is under 5% of the playerbase. But these people will complain for 10+ years until people join them.

I have never talked to a single person that goes like "yeah I WOULD play the game but my co-worker is Horde while I refuse to reroll as Alliance so I don't enjoy the game that much because of that.

Or, the classic "yeah I can't find a guild cuz all raiders are Horde".
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2021-09-03 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    It's astonishing that in four tweets, after doing the thing the community has been asking to do for a year, he didn't say a single word to admitting he's wrong and instead just doubled down that he knew better from the start and that this decision now has got nothing to do with the community but instead that he deemed appropriate.

Absolutely amazing Ion, keep being you.
    Why would he admit to being wrong? You thinking he is wrong doesn't make him wrong. What you really want is for him to admit you are right. It is ;laughable to think getting what you want means they were wrong. As I have said before, and this proves it, they always intended to make things easier, just as they have done in the previous several expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Even if he does a 180 and does listen to everything, people will never forget the past failures of expansions and as long as he is the game director just keep on blaming him, even if he does mostly right things from now on. Blizzard needs to get rid of this generation of WoW Lead Devs and replace them. They have a bad reputation that will stick. Ion is almost Jay Wilson level of bad reputation by now. He needs to step down and leave the game to someone else. I am okay with him being Raid Designer again, tho.
    The game is profitable and that is what matters. Basicvally you want him fired because he won't cater the game solely to you. That isn't his job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    If those twits weren't bs enough, the amount of people gobbling them up is astonishing.
    The "I'm right, you're wrong" mentality will never leave this game as long as he's in charge.
    Actually, it won't leave the game as long as players play the game. Players are 100% of that exact attitude. You and others contonue to show "I'm right. Blizzard is wrong" mentality. It won;t matter who is game director because the players will continue to say "I'm right. Blizzard is wrong" no matter who is running the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Because he directs a profitable game. Players need to stop acting it's Ion's job to bow down to them and cater to their every whim.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

Actually, it won't leave the game as long as players play the game. Players are 100% of that exact attitude. You and others contonue to show "I'm right. Blizzard is wrong" mentality. It won;t matter who is game director because the players will continue to say "I'm right. Blizzard is wrong" no matter who is running the team.
    Never said I'm right, you turbo schizo. If you want to put up with the "the current lore allow us to be more flexible" shit, more power to you, just don't forget to buy the pig.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2021-09-04 at 04:14 AM.

The problem is simply that their story never facilitated this idea of divided covenants. There was one conflict among the covenants and it was between Bastion and Maldraxxus, that one was also taken care off after half the original campaign was over. If that was all the hang up, then they could have easily given us all this after the campaign was over at R22, or even R40 if they wanted to be cunts about it. It's still just a lame excuse, even if they word it differently. Even if we use Ion's lofty words, the "experience" wasn't any different after R22 for everyone, collecting souls and anima is something everyone experienced the same way and that was 2 months into the expansion. We are now 9 months into the expansion and when the update finally drops it will be more like 11. It just doesn't add up.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The game is profitable and that is what matters. Basicvally you want him fired because he won't cater the game solely to you. That isn't his job.

- - - Updated - - -
    A lot of things are profitable, doesn't mean they are good. If that is already fulfilling for these people, sure go ahead. Some people take pride in their work, I guess they don't. Just imagine being in a position to make a game for millions of people and you don't want it to be good, just "profitable". No long-term foresight or franchise growth. WoW is on a downward spiral while it's competition is growing. The entire reason it's still profitable is because of the past and the vast majority of people unable to quit a bad game.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2021-09-04 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    A lot of things are profitable, doesn't mean they are good. If that is already fulfilling for these people, sure go ahead. Some people take pride in their work, I guess they don't. Just imagine being in a position to make a game for millions of people and you don't want it to be good, just "profitable". No long-term foresight or franchise growth. WoW is on a downward spiral while it's competition is growing. The entire reason it's still profitable is because of the past and the vast majority of people unable to quit a bad game.
    How do you know they don't take pride in their work? Everything you say is based on whether you like the game or not. Whiel you think the gakje isn't good, there are many others who do think the game is good,. Also, the game is 16 years old. That isd far l0onger than most every other game out there. They are ling past the point where they have to worry about growth. And obviously they were well aware about lohg term foresight to last 16 years to begin with.

The game is still profitabke because the vast majority of people think it is a good game, not because it is a bd game,. That is massive projection of opinion by you.

- - - Updated - - -

Never said I'm right, you turbo schizo. If you want to put up with the "the current lore allow us to be more flexible" shit, more power to you, just don't forget to buy the pig.
    So, saying they are wrong and they should be doing what we told them to do is not ""I'm right and Blizzard is always wrong"? News to me.

in ions words "we made a bad expension, with bad stuff in it because some of you people will play it anyway, for the others we just remove the bad stuff and they return, hahaha you degenerates are like crack addicts" -Ion

And people wonder why "blizzard doesn't listen!!".

Whether you agree or not, he's literally just explaining their original thought process. The changes are still happening as the player's asked for. Which mind you, has happened several times since Shadowlands started.

You guys don't want any more artifact power? Boom, it's gone.

Don't want to have to repeat the exact same story anymore on an alt while leveling? Threads of fate.

Didn't like that the weekly chest wasn't flexible enough? Revamped.

Loot drops feel too restrictive? Increased.

Don't like Pathfinder? Reworked, far easier to access.

Don't like feeling locked into your M+ keystone you have? Here's a way to reroll. Also a way to get one if you didn't have one so you don't need to run a dungeon to get one. Also adjusted the way keystones are rewarded from the chest after feedback. And lastly, an easy way to drop your keystone down levels in case you didn't want to run the +15 you have and would rather do it at a +10.

And now 9.1.5, with almost everything being changed that was being complained about also. New appearances for allied races who were lacking in options. New druid forms. Covenants are free swap now, no conduit energy.
    And hell, now Ion is even discussing the possibility of reworking factions.

There's been nonstop complaining about how "they don't communicate enough", "they don't listen enough!".

And now when they're communicating and listening, instead it's just being complained about still. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's one thing to feel frustrated that it was there to begin with, sure.
    But to shoot the messenger just for elaborating on an explanation after already getting what was wanted? Why would anyone want to talk at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You say you're listening, but your actions suggest otherwise. We're still waiting for:

• Alliance High Elves (NOT purple abominations with tentacle hair nobody asked for. I mean fair skinned, blonde haired, blue eyed, non-tentacled haired legit Alliance High Elves).
    • Player housing.
    • Reputation storylines to return. Nobody asked for world quest grinds.
    • Mage Tower.
    • Better transmog system.
    • Actual content, not grinds.

Etc.

We've been asking for these things for years and years, and yet you don't give what your paying customers want. We are unpaid beta testers who test your shitty Artifact grinds and RNGendaries and Azerite power and Chorghast and tell you that they are not fun in the hopes that you will change it before launch (that's the whole point of PTR and beta testing, right?), and when the expansion launches, lo and behold the systems are still shitty and nobody likes them and people quit the game and you wonder "why didn't people like shit we shoved down their throat? No, it's not us who are wrong" and you wait a year before you find make a little tweak. Too little, too late. You plug your fingers into your ears and pretend that all is well and that it isn't you who is the problem, but "entitled customers who don't understand that we know better than them!".

This guy said it best:

- - - Updated - - -

And for goodness sake, can you guys actually TALK to your paying customers again? Remember when Honlika or Ghostcrawler used to reply to people on the forums? The devs were actually talking on the same level as their customers. But you guys only ever give press releases and interviews every few months that show just how utterly divorced you are from the desires and feelings of your customers.
    Wrong.

They're not giving you what you want. Most of us could care less about the things on your list, and frankly, wish you would stop asking for those things when there are much more important things to work on.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

So, saying they are wrong and they should be doing what we told them to do is not ""I'm right and Blizzard is always wrong"? News to me.
    Is this real life? It's like talking to a small child. "We are right, you're wrong" mentality is not mutually exclusive nor implies the opposite. The fact that Ion is justifying recent changes with "lmao lore" instead of owning his mistake is the core of said mentality. Mistakes that they as a team acknowledged, but he as an individual remains oblivious.
    Stop doing it for free.

Is this real life? It's like talking to a small child. "We are right, you're wrong" mentality is not mutually exclusive nor implies the opposite. The fact that Ion is justifying recent changes with "lmao lore" instead of owning his mistake is the core of said mentality. Mistakes that they as a team acknowledged, but he as an individual remains oblivious.
    Stop doing it for free.
    Except for the part that he literally starts off saying that they should have specified better that it wasn't just for lore.

Why are you talking down to people if you didn't even properly read what was said?

hmm, the same 4 words still coming again and again into my mind:

more of the same.