... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I think you mean shadowmeld dominates MDI
    Yes thats why top players are actually alliance

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I think you mean shadowmeld dominates MDI
    didn't they change shadowmeld?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Lore-wise we already have examples of cross-faction in our leaders and several other npcs in the game (the recent gnome/goblin love story in mechagon is just a recent example). They can keep faction wars as the backdrop and we get pulled in, but at the end of the day as mercenaries, we could go either way and group with alliance allies (IRL Friends) to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but Merc mode for PVP only works cause players don't see you as an Orc fighting for the alliance right?

for PVE and pre-made grouping and such where you see horde races mixed with alliance ones no, not as a general thing.. factions need to stay as they are.
    Nope, they need to go. They've overstayed their welcome since MoP basically. Also the fAcTioN CoNFlIcT!1!! expansions need to go too. Those overstayed their welcome around Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

At this point I dont even care anymore. Ally & horde have been working together and have been "allies" for years now already.

Just get it over with.

Cross faction pve should have been put into the game years ago. We already have filters for languages in dungeon tool, just add faction filter and let me run m+ cross faction.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    MDI is always dominated by Alliance. They will be the dominant faction if they dont nerf ally racials.
    It wouldn't shift general population that significantly. High key / mythic raiding community is pretty small, even if all of them went Alliance you'd have something like 55/45 instead of 45/55.

for PVE and pre-made grouping and such where you see horde races mixed with alliance ones no, not as a general thing.. factions need to stay as they are.
    Why though... we fight the same enemies anyway. What difference does it make if 5 orcs and 5 gnomes run Necrotic Wake or one group 3/2 the other 2/3?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind if this comes to the game, but if it does I hope it'll be optional - tho I'm not sure if making it optional would do actually solve anything if people never enlist or opt in.

Personally, I'd hate running around with Alliance races. They just have zero appeal to me. But I understand the problem Alliance is facing.

(Maybe they could better just revamp all the Alliance races....... ^^ /grin)

Cross-faction is needed to keep the game healthy. At this point it is only unhealthy to keep the games player base split apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    Possible but hurts the cash shop so unlikely.
    It helps the cash shop. Imagine all the players that chose horde purely because it is better for mythic+ & raiding for the longest time and their friends play there so they are forced to. All those people can faction change to Alliance and play the faction/race they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Cross faction pve should have been put into the game years ago. We already have filters for languages in dungeon tool, just add faction filter and let me run m+ cross faction.

It wouldn't shift general population that significantly. High key / mythic raiding community is pretty small, even if all of them went Alliance you'd have something like 55/45 instead of 45/55.

Why though... we fight the same enemies anyway. What difference does it make if 5 orcs and 5 gnomes run Necrotic Wake or one group 3/2 the other 2/3?
    Lore of the warcraft universe and background. it's like the USA and the old USSR sure at times they got along but it was a cold war state, never really friends. now if they did some MAJOR apocalyptic event greater than anything done to date the destroyed the alliance and the horde and all of Azeroth as we know it, and the survivors all banded together it might could work for me.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

As long as they keep the city restrictions (no gnomes in Org, no Taurens in SW) I'm all for it. Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Cross-faction is needed to keep the game healthy. At this point it is only unhealthy to keep the games player base split apart.

It helps the cash shop. Imagine all the players that chose horde purely because it is better for mythic+ & raiding for the longest time and their friends play there so they are forced to. All those people can faction change to Alliance and play the faction/race they want to.
    Your right but that is long term thinking. Blizzard doesn't do that. Just think of all the money reforged could of made if they worked that way. Skins, tournaments, and a host of other opportunities all gone.

Now it will forever be warcraft refunded.

correct me if i'm wrong but Merc mode for PVP only works cause players don't see you as an Orc fighting for the alliance right?

It changes you to the opposite race on the other faction yeah, within class restrictions. Like I'm pretty sure it's Orc->Human, but if you're a shaman, I forget what race you'd get.

But when you hover over their frames, it still says their race as orc/troll/tauren/whatever. Even as an Alliance, you can quickly skim the raid frames to see that at the start of a BG.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lore of the warcraft universe and background.
    Lore and narrative already support cross faction play.

Besides, CFP would not be an end to factions.
    The factions and most of their restrictions (cities/hubs, item appearances, certain questlines) would still be a thing and continue to be the backbone of the franchise, it just wouldn't impede on the PC who will just be an autonomous figure instead one that is bound to factions (Which is ALREADY the case, and has been since fucking vanilla)

Formerly known as Arafal

In a dungeon or raid I don't see many problems with players queueing from either faction, and then the graphics on my end would show them as my faction and the graphics on their end would show them as their faction.

There'd be things to iron out as I bet Night Elves would look ridiculous doing a goblin rocket jump but...I'll deal with it to massively increase the player pool, especially since I play at off-peak hours.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

There are many weird issues to consider ... at least if you want a good solution outside of just allowing them to be friends inside a dungeon.

Like how to handle communication, just allow them to talk no matter what, only while in a group, only while not flagged for pvp? That would surely bring positive things.
    How to hand guilds across both factions? How do you handle cities? How do you handle opposite factions in a guild, with both flagged for pvp?

Lore of the warcraft universe and background. it's like the USA and the old USSR sure at times they got along but it was a cold war state, never really friends. now if they did some MAJOR apocalyptic event greater than anything done to date the destroyed the alliance and the horde and all of Azeroth as we know it, and the survivors all banded together it might could work for me.
    Can you name a single expansion where the Horde and Alliance didn't end up working together?

End of the day, lore is completely irrelevant to this, because they can write a justification for anything...as they've done over and over and over and over again every time major Horde and Alliance characters run up to a raid boss to exchange dialogue in /y together. More important is that it's an issue of the health and sustainability of the game.

Cross-Faction would make the sales for faction changes rise up. Imagine the amount of people who play horde because their friends are there or they don't want to leave their guild. Cross-Faction only comes with benefits, there is no negative side to it except "hurr durr ma story and conflict". Times change and the game is in dire need of change. Just look at pvp for an example. Imagine rated pvp would only allow horde vs alliance. PvP would be dead in a few seconds. Why not make the rated queue system work everywhere? You queue random bgs and the system just chooses players from both sides until the game is full. The queue times would be the lowest in all of wows history. For dungeons and raidfinder the same. The only barrier would be the faction language, but that could be overcome with somethink like "arcane language " or "azerothian" or whatever. BGs could be like Sparring Games, Dungeons are selfexplaining: we need to get rid of the evil something and raids the same.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Can you name a single expansion where the Horde and Alliance didn't end up working together?

End of the day, lore is completely irrelevant to this, because they can write a justification for anything...as they've done over and over and over and over again every time major Horde and Alliance characters run up to a raid boss to exchange dialogue in /y together. More important is that it's an issue of the health and sustainability of the game.
    coming "together" for a brief threat is not a good enough reason.. hell it looks like Sylvanas's reasons were her own, not a real truce. the state of cold war needs to be there for the game. I'd much rather them take off the safety nets and every so often one side gets a major win. E.G at the end of the siege of orgrimar raid alliance takes Org, forcing a new horde capital somewhere else. Later maybe in BFA the alliance loses capital... oh wait a tree was burned.

in the end IF it happens i hope its something you can either opt-out of, special servers, or setting to not see them as horde like merc mode for PVP.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I more or less do my own thing and rarely do any LFG/LFR, but it would speed up the queues massively if they implemented cross faction for those. That's just my two coppers though.

they should eliminate the horde and alliance and create factions that the player chooses as covenant