Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You are so bloody obtuse and dense that I am so sad about the mod at the very moment because he spend more than 1 message to try to communicate with you. You literally insult and strawman left and right , then complain about it. Don't even understand the fact that you are doing it, and be this crying, wailing toddler thinking you are right on the process.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I pointed out that they were completely strawmanning anyone who opposes this change. And that is correct. Literally who is saying what MrLachyG said? Nobody. Nobody is mad because "rah rah I can't spit on people anymore", we're mad because the change is dumb and pointless and doesn't solve anything. It's virtue signaling.
    Just like no one is being a "pansy" like you decidedly called them just for being okay with it being removed?

You're just making some really awkward attempt at calling me a hypocrite, while not actually addressing my arguments. And outright refusing to explain or elaborate. Nice bait, got me to reply.
    I made it quite clear, just because you think it's fine for you to belittle/insult others doesn't mean it is.

Please look up what a strawman argument is, since you clearly do not know.
    So let me get this straight.

Two posts making indirect comments joking about the situation is a "strawman", despite not being directed at anyone specifically, despite not having any intention of debating/arguing.

But you directly quoting them to argue their posts while calling people who are fine with this "pansies" isn't a strawman?

Because I'd say you should recheck the definition then.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    You are so bloody obtuse and dense that I am so sad about the mod at the very moment because he spend more than 1 message to try to communicate with you. You literally insult and strawman left and right , then complain about it. Don't even understand the fact that you are doing it, and be this crying, wailing toddler thinking you are right on the process.
    Hello, sockpuppet account.

I accept your concession

I pointed out that they were completely strawmanning anyone who opposes this change. And that is correct. Literally who is saying what MrLachyG said? Nobody. Nobody is mad because "rah rah I can't spit on people anymore", we're mad because the change is dumb and pointless and doesn't solve anything. It's virtue signaling.

You're just making some really awkward attempt at calling me a hypocrite, while not actually addressing my arguments. And outright refusing to explain or elaborate. Nice bait, got me to reply.

Please look up what a strawman argument is, since you clearly do not know.
    Please look up what words mean, since you clearly do not know. You called out other people for being insulting by...

Insulting other people.

You are the very definition of what you were complaining about.

And not to be Captain Obvious here, but dude? Do you ever go outside? At all? There are so many things going on in the world right now worse than not being able to use a stupid emote on a video game you probably don't like that much anyway, that choosing this as your battleground is the very definition of pointless.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

We don't care about /spit being removed, we care about it being a completely pointless removal that solves no problems and is pure virtue signaling. Really, what is this supposed to accomplish? Anyone who was actually using it to harass other players will just switch to another emote, or use "/me spits on %t". Nothing has changed. Nothing is fixed.
    It's not getting removed because people used it, it's getting removed because people automated it. How hard is that to understand...

Hello, sockpuppet account.
    Oh, look, here it is again. That hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    Just give him a minute. He'll be infracting me shortly and then things will all go back to normal.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Just like no one is being a "pansy" like you decidedly called them just for being okay with it being removed?
    If nobody was being a pansy about /spit, it wouldn't have gotten removed in the first place, yes.

I made it quite clear, just because you think it's fine for you to belittle/insult others doesn't mean it is.
    And that wasn't even being argued or discussed.

Two posts making indirect comments joking about the situation is a "strawman"
    Yes. Because nobody actually says those things.

Strawman.

despite not being directed at anyone specifically, despite not having any intention of debating/arguing.
    Neither of those are a requirement for something to be a strawman argument.

But you directly quoting them to argue their posts
    It's almost like this is a public forum where people can talk to each other or something

wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's not getting removed because people used it, it's getting removed because people automated it.
    Doesn't change my point. Even if this was the case, it's still a pointless change that accomplishes nothing because people will just use a different emote or use "/me spits on %t" instead.

How hard is that to understand...

I don't need to do anything like that. Digging your feet in the dirt and demanding more from others while being hypocritical yourself isn't an argument.

You complained about strawmanning and insults while strawmanning and insulting to make your point. It's pretty self explanatory.
    While I agree their insults were uncalled for, they do have a point. If /spit is SOOOOOOO toxic for the game, why is it left in retail? If toxic behavior is something they are SOOOOOO concerned about (all of a sudden after 16 years) why are racial slurs still able to be typed into the game? Seems like they only seemed to care when their wallet warriors were on the receiving end of the "toxic behavior" and the entire companies PR current dumpster fire makes the Buffalo Sabres look like a top notch organization... gee, what a weird coincidence...

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    While I agree their insults were uncalled for, they do have a point. If /spit is SOOOOOOO toxic for the game, why is it left in retail? If toxic behavior is something they are SOOOOOO concerned about (all of a sudden after 16 years) why are racial slurs still able to be typed into the game? Seems like they only seemed to care when their wallet warriors were on the receiving end of the "toxic behavior" and the entire companies PR current dumpster fire makes the Buffalo Sabres look like a top notch organization... gee, what a weird coincidence...
    Precisely.

NOBODY is mad about "reee I can't /spit on people anymore", we're mad that this change is completely pointless and solves nothing. It's virtue signaling.

And yet still, people will shitpost and joke and meme that "haha you're just mad because you can't spit on people anymore" even though literally nobody is saying that they're mad they can't use /spit anymore.

If nobody was being a pansy about /spit, it wouldn't have gotten removed in the first place, yes.
    Ah yes, I remember the huge upheaval and rage about "Bros before Ho ho hos".

Or wait, no, there was none. Blizzard just changed it because it didn't fit their ideal.

And that wasn't even being argued or discussed.
    It's exactly what you called out the other posters for though.

Yes. Because nobody actually says those things.

Strawman.
    And yet your claim of people being "pansies" also holds no weight.

Neither of those are a requirement for something to be a strawman argument.
    And where was the argument though in the first place? That's the entire point, that you're just getting offended over them making a joke, and then proceeding to do the same actions anyway as them.

It's almost like this is a public forum where people can talk to each other or something

wow
    Remember where you criticized me for "quoting out of context"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I was under the impression the thread was bumped because its removed in 9.1.5 too.

Ah yes, I remember the huge upheaval and rage about "Bros before Ho ho hos".

Or wait, no, there was none. Blizzard just changed it because it didn't fit their ideal.
    yep, blizzard just waited 16 years to remove an emote, COINCIDENTALLY at the same time that the company is going through a huge PR disaster and COINCIDENTALLY at the same time as lots of store mount whales having people /spit on them

all just a big coincidence and blizzard just removed it after 16 years because they didn't like it

while also keeping every single other "bad" emote in the game, and also allowing you to type racial slurs, those are all okay, but no /spit has to be removed because it's bad

fucking lmao

"you are a hypocrite because I say so"
    "you are making strawman argument because I say so"
    "you are offended because I say so"
    good moderation team

nice bait, got me to reply

yep, blizzard just waited 16 years to remove an emote, COINCIDENTALLY at the same time that the company is going through a huge PR disaster and COINCIDENTALLY at the same time as lots of store mount whales having people /spit on them

all just a big coincidence and blizzard just removed it after 16 years because they didn't like it
    What are you even going on about

They're literally changing so many things because of the current lawsuit, yes. That was never up for debate. It's highly likely that's part of why /spit is going too, yeah.

So...you're literally admitting that it has nothing to do with "pansies" then with that.

while also keeping every single other "bad" emote in the game, and also allowing you to type racial slurs, those are all okay, but no /spit has to be removed because it's bad

fucking lmao
    I will never understand why the fall back is always the slurs argument.

Not only is that a reportable offense anyway, but there's several systems in place that do prevent it.

So...you're literally admitting that it has nothing to do with "pansies" then with that.
    Yep, you're right, there can't possibly be more than 1 reason for a change, there can only be 1 reason and 1 reason only, cannot be multiple reasons, never ever

fucking lmao

I will never understand why the fall back is always the slurs argument.
    Because nothing at all is being done to stop ACTUAL offensive communication, meanwhile something as harmless as an emote is being singled out and removed.

You're just taking my words out of context over and over while making up your own strawman arguments and claiming I'm a hypocrite because of your own strawman arguments. I have to wonder how a troll like you became a moderator.

Now I know you're going to reply again, once more taking my words out of context and claiming I am a hypocrite because you say so, but don't bother because I won't be reading it. Have fun trolling the rest of the forums.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-09-03 at 02:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it it's a safe space now? No meanies or anything around?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Yep, you're right, there can't possibly be more than 1 reason for a change, there can only be 1 reason and 1 reason only, cannot be multiple reasons, never ever

fucking lmao
    Except you're unable to prove your own assertion even. And it only takes a few moments to realize that the /spitting in TBC has been ongoing for a while now, and they only changed it after the lawsuit.

Because nothing at all is being done to stop ACTUAL offensive communication, meanwhile something as harmless as an emote is being singled out and removed.
    Did you miss the entire 9.1.5 update, where they're updating the report system even? Or how they're changing things with almost every update to try to clean up the state of the game in that regard? I've also noted how you suddenly dropped the slur argument after being pointed out how faulty that was.

You're just taking my words out of context over and over while making up your own strawman arguments and claiming I'm a hypocrite because of your own strawman arguments. I have to wonder how a troll like you became a moderator.

Now I know you're going to reply again, once more taking my words out of context and claiming I am a hypocrite because you say so, but don't bother because I won't be reading it. Have fun trolling the rest of the forums.
    You say this as you would constantly cut my sentences in half, while also literally putting words in my mouth. I've responded to you meanwhile, by leaving your entire sentences intact at least. But whatever helps you feel better I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of removing /spit, just make it open you up to attack from the player you used it on, even if they are the same faction and they get to attack first (so people can't be forced into pvp with an emote). Much like in real life, if you spit on someone, you should expect to eat your teeth if they are better fighters than you.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

This is such a funny thing to remove in a game with /insult, /rude and genocide, racism and killing and skinning animals is okay. Not to mention you can just do a custom emote of /e spits on you.

But some people are happy with it and those same people are probably the most diehard knights that they'll support Blizzard through anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

The change is pointless in a sea of BS that needs to be addressed.

It gives us several messages. One they only did it because it was starting to affect their payers. Two they don't care about us unless money is involved, and three their priorities are completely backwards.

/spit has been removed from the Classic ERA ptr now too...

Fuck blizzard
    /spit blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    "Sexual harassment is okay.

A meaningless emote isn't, especially against those who buy our store mounts."
    Cant have the casuals getting upset!!!!!!! its there game too!!! casual life matters.