Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Missing timewalking dungeons and raids

Do you guys think they will ever fill in the roster of missing timewalking dungeons and raids? What would you like to see? I would like to see classic timewalking. They already made molten core timewalking and removed it after the anniversary event ended. I would also like to see timewalking integrated as a proper feature rather than an event, perhaps giving leveling players the chance to participate in old raids

I’d love to see them expand timewalking to every piece of content in the game, all raids included. There are likely hundreds of hours of content that could be ‘created’ just by doing so, especially if they put a couple mounts behind it. Not to mention it would allow new/returning players to get a better taste of the content they missed, especially with regards to raids which are basically lost forever after their given expansion.

I’ve heard a lot more calls for an expanded and permanent timewalking system (“timewalking 2.0”) since FFXIV has taken off, as that game executes old content scaling very well, keeping old dungeons and raids actually populated and relevant. Legion M+ seems like a solid start, but I’d love to see more going into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rybat117 View Post
    I’d love to see them expand timewalking to every piece of content in the game, all raids included. There are likely hundreds of hours of content that could be ‘created’ just by doing so, especially if they put a couple mounts behind it. Not to mention it would allow new/returning players to get a better taste of the content they missed, especially with regards to raids which are basically lost forever after their given expansion.

I’ve heard a lot more calls for an expanded and permanent timewalking system (“timewalking 2.0”) since FFXIV has taken off, as that game executes old content scaling very well, keeping old dungeons and raids actually populated and relevant. Legion M+ seems like a solid start, but I’d love to see more going into the future.
    I'm in harsh disagreement with this. Blizzard is already bringing relevance (albeit slowly) to its old content via Classic. I think that's a much better way to experience older content in WoW than simply making Timewalking in retail work on 100% of the content. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing and I think this would firmly place WoW in a state of flux where Blizzard would be spending more time trying to fix old content that fails to scale properly than they would developing new stuff. Timewalking is fine in small doses but it would be terrible if it existed all the time.

they should "timewalk" whole expansions permanently, not just ocasionaly, and make them endgame content with cosmetic rewards + some currency to either help a bit on your current progres or to buy boa gear for alts

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There is zero downside to keeping your old content playable and relevant...
    Right, except for the part where I said...

Quote Originally Posted by me, in my infinite wisdom
    I think this would firmly place WoW in a state of flux where Blizzard would be spending more time trying to fix old content that fails to scale properly than they would developing new stuff.

Just because you said it doesn't make it true? So many other games can properly scale all of their content just fine lol...
    "{x game} does it" is not an argument. {x game} isn't WoW. {x game} was likely constructed from the ground up with the ability to scale old content from the beginning. WoW, on the other hand, definitely wasn't. 100% timewalking for all content in WoW would be an incredibly time consuming endeavor for Blizzard. You can say that this is a condemnation of the way that Blizzard develops the game (and I might even be inclined to agree with you) but that's the reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm in harsh disagreement with this. Blizzard is already bringing relevance (albeit slowly) to its old content via Classic. I think that's a much better way to experience older content in WoW than simply making Timewalking in retail work on 100% of the content. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing and I think this would firmly place WoW in a state of flux where Blizzard would be spending more time trying to fix old content that fails to scale properly than they would developing new stuff. Timewalking is fine in small doses but it would be terrible if it existed all the time.
    I think the infamous "you think you want it but you don't" was a comment on this. They were working on bringing old content back into relevance but they abandoned it and left it half hearted due to the introduction of classic, which I am concerned has done more harm than good to the main game and left it in such a state of neglect.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think they really do need to develop timewalking into a full alternative for players who do not want to play classic. They have been developing the game with timewalking tech since WOD. It is a relatively quick and easy way to add content to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because you said it doesn't make it true? So many other games can properly scale all of their content just fine lol...
    Indeed, it was easy enough that they decided to do it for MC for the one-time anniversary event. I think the main thing standing in the way is the will to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I think the infamous "you think you want it but you don't" was a comment on this. They were working on bringing old content back into relevance but they abandoned it and left it half hearted due to the introduction of classic, which I am concerned has done more harm than good to the main game and left it in such a state of neglect.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think they really do need to develop timewalking into a full alternative for players who do not want to play classic. They have been developing the game with timewalking tech since WOD. It is a relatively quick and easy way to add content to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, it was easy enough that they decided to do it for MC for the one-time anniversary event. I think the main thing standing in the way is the will to do it.
    Brother if you think designing a single solitary instance is somehow on the same level as eight fucking expansions worth of content then it's clear that you are not interested in discussing this topic rationally. Players are already bitching about how long Blizzard is taking to develop new content... pretending like making all of the old content in the game relevant again wouldn't have impacts in other areas of the game's development is frankly quite arrogant.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think they will ever fill in the roster of missing timewalking dungeons and raids? What would you like to see? I would like to see classic timewalking. They already made molten core timewalking and removed it after the anniversary event ended. I would also like to see timewalking integrated as a proper feature rather than an event, perhaps giving leveling players the chance to participate in old raids
    nah if it was a permanent feature then people would feel obligated to go farm it every week, taking the focus away from the current raid. also levelling players do get to participate in timewalking raids, depending on whether or not they meet the level threshold - they just won't get any xp from it because it's a raid.

as for classic timewalking, I absolutely would like to see that however it would be a lot more work than the current timewalking events as they are based off the max level of the expansion because they are essentially the old heroic dungeons. however classic not only did not have heroic versions, but the levelling dungeons are scattered across varying levels - so for instance Ragefire Chasm would have to be scaled differently than Zul'farrak because you can do them at different levels.

also, and this is me being pedantic, but the version of Molten Core we did for the 10th Anniversary wasn't timewalking. It got scaled up to our level; timewalking scales us down to the instance's level.

I'm all for more TW, but the issue is with the rewards. They have to be powerful/interesting enough to make people want to participate, but not too good so that new content is still better for item progression in all cases.

Right now, they are bringing back only 5 dungeons and giving them actual relevant loot, and people are already going crazy over some ridiculously overpowered trinket from CoS that will become instant BiS for half the melee classes, should it come back with the effect intact. Things like these obviously cannot happen, At the same time, it does need a carrot of some sort to actually bring people there.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Brother if you think designing a single solitary instance is somehow on the same level as eight fucking expansions worth of content then it's clear that you are not interested in discussing this topic rationally. Players are already bitching about how long Blizzard is taking to develop new content... pretending like making all of the old content in the game relevant again wouldn't have impacts in other areas of the game's development is frankly quite arrogant.
    8 expansions worth of content that is already made and nearly half of it is already in the time walking rotation.

8 expansions worth of content that is already made and nearly half of it is already in the time walking rotation.
    Timewalking isn't "half." It's not even close to half. What you're asking for is a monumental step up from Timewalking and your refusal to even acknowledge this is a pretty solid indicator that you have no interest in talking about potential downsides for this suggestion, you just want to farm memberberries about old instances.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-09-02 at 08:29 PM.

this is not 1 of those games tho, blizz has failed at balancing in every department sofar....

Timewalking isn't "half." It's not even close to half. What you're asking for is a monumental step up from Timewalking and your refusal to even acknowledge this is a pretty solid indicator that you have no interest in talking about potential downsides for this suggestion, you just want to farm memberberries about old instances.
    You must be really unhappy about them adding legion timewalking then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    this is not 1 of those games tho, blizz has failed at balancing in every department sofar....
    Yeah, they have failed as a result of their love of overly complicated and complex "borrowed power" systems. Doesn't mean we should "lower the bar" for them.

Considering we've known that Legion timewalking was coming in this expansion for almost 3 years, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, they have failed as a result of their love of overly complicated and complex "borrowed power" systems. Doesn't mean we should "lower the bar" for them.
    my expectations for them to create amy meaningfully balanced content are already extremely low of it expect anything more than a workable raid i just get disappointed

Considering we've known that Legion timewalking was coming in this expansion for almost 3 years, no.
    And why is that?

And why is that?
    That's been the pattern since Timewalking started to get updated.

Legion added MoP, which was two expansions prior.
    BfA added WoD, which was two expansions prior.

Follows suit to think SL would add Legion, which was two expansions prior.
    Just like next expansion will add BfA timewalking.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you understand what could possibly be one of the most monumentally challenging undertakings this would likely be. This would be beyond the content scale of Legion and MoP combined. To upscale 17 years worth of raids and dungeons would very likely tear development away from new content, which I doubt players would be very pleased about. "Half" is not all, and this isn't even remotely true. When timewalking comes around, it's never all, or even "half" the dungeons and raids anyway, so what on earth are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I don't think you understand what could possibly be one of the most monumentally challenging undertakings this would likely be. This would be beyond the content scale of Legion and MoP combined. To upscale 17 years worth of raids and dungeons would very likely tear development away from new content, which I doubt players would be very pleased about. "Half" is not all, and this isn't even remotely true. When timewalking comes around, it's never all, or even "half" the dungeons and raids anyway, so what on earth are you talking about?
    Most timewalking expansions have 6 or so dungeons. Maybe a raid. Those raids happen to be some of the largest raids of an expansion as well. That's what I am talking about.