View Poll Results: Should there be two bonus events per week?

Voters
12. This poll is closed
  • No keep it the same

0 0%
  • Yes one timewalking & one general event

8 66.67%
  • Yes but any two bonus event combination

4 33.33%

Should there be more bonus events active per week?

As of current we have multiple timewalking expansions. We have so many timewalking events now that they outnumber the other events. IMO I think if they make it so there is always two bonus week events happening the game can only be more active. There would also be less waiting for whatever event you wanted be it BG week or legion mythic+ week. Anyone else agree?

Timewalking:
    • Burning Crusade
    • Wrath
    • Cata
    • MoP
    • WoD
    • Legion

General Bonus Events:
    • Mythic Dungeons
    • Battlegrounds
    • Skirmishes
    • World Quests
    • Pet Battles

Yes, TW should be every week. It would certainly beat pet battle weeks..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, no reason not to have a plethora of events going, I never understood for MMOs why that wouldn't be the case since they're by nature supposed to be constantly evolving. Giving the players the options to choose whatever activities they want to participate in within the game can only bring good.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No that would make TW less of a special event and just another thing to do every single week

Yeah. Timewalking plus another event every week.

They should also improve the WQ event so it counts daily quests and persists between expansions - I don't think you can still do the BFA version for BFA rewards, etc, and they should really just leave the expansion-specific weekly events in place even after the expansion. Timewalking adding a 50% rep boost for that expansion when it's active is a great idea and more along those lines could only be good for incentivising doing older content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    No that would make TW less of a special event and just another thing to do every single week
    Timewalking is a lot of things, but special is not one of them. Most of the times I barely care.

Their entire approach to TW should change. They have more than a decade of old dungeons to run and they use it in the most underwhelming way possible.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Timewalking is a lot of things, but special is not one of them. Most of the times I barely care.

Their entire approach to TW should change. They have more than a decade of old dungeons to run and they use it in the most underwhelming way possible.
    How would you do it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    How would you do it
    I would start by making a few changes:

- Make them relevant at all times. This means that they are part of the regular dungeon rotation. Yes, like FFXIV. But instead of XP being the incentive, make it about gear or Badges.

- Apply the M+ system to every single dungeon. Maybe THESE ones could be on a rotation. M+ is a great system and with a little adjustment, they could revitalize the old dungeons and the old world.

- Old raids challenging again. Any raid at least 1 or 2 expansions old should have a challenge mode for soloing. Make them HARD. Make them give excelent transmogs and titles. Maybe even a recoulour of iconic mounts if you clear all the challenge modes from said expansion. This one is a bit harder to do because they will have to mess with the fights a bit. But they have AI from Comp-Stomp if they want to be lazy about it. And if they don't want to be lazy, they already have most of the fight ready, it is a matter of adapting.

- Old raids relevant again. Apply the mythic difficulty to older raids. It does not matter if it is only the last boss, or if it is just a gauntlet or whatever. It would be cool. Make the raid finder search for ANY fight/wing on the game. Lock the rewards weekly if you must, separate fom the latest expansion if you must, but do it. Make people step in the old raids again.

- Adjust the Timewalking campaign. This idea came from T&E, and it would work wonders. Part of the excitement of WotLK or MoP is experiecing the events of said expansion. The leveling storylines of these expansions are meaningless and not tied at all to the endgame story. The real story is on the patches. They should make the patches part of the leveling experience, and it should culminate in you facing the Expansion BBEG, make them easier than the solo challenges I proposed ealier. This would make you actually experience the story of the world.

I know these look like sweeping changes, but a lot of them they could do it for 9.2, or even 9.1.5 if they really set their mind to it. None of these would require an expansion and all of these would make TW objectively better.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    This. It sucks when theres pet battle week or do 20 WQs. I dont bother.