Page 1 of 46
... LastLast

Blizzard needs to F**K right off with Cashshop Transmogs

Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

How are people ok with this?

meh...its no different than selling costumes for gold,just use some tokens and get it

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

There was protest against transmogs in cash shop back in Cata, when Blizzard tried to implement cash shop "hats". And back in that times players opinion was valueable enough to abandon this idea. But not now. Game loses players and devs try to keep the same level of profit via microtransactions. Problem is - we still have B2P and P2P things in this game. What modern players (and not players too) don't understand about payment methods - is that they're usually trade off and mutually exclusive. I.e. how F2P games work? Game itself is free, but it's bad without microtransactions. It's good compromise for players, who are ready to play bad game for free. Or that program user is ready to use it for free, but watch ads instead, that involves collecting his "preferences", i.e. personal data. But currently all companies start to mix payment methods. We can see microtransactions in paid games and telemetry/ads in paid programs. And it's nonsense, caused by simple fact, that customers are stupid to allow companies to do this, instead of rejecting such products, forcing companies to fix them.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    There was protest against transmogs in cash shop back in Cata, when Blizzard tried to implement cash shop "hats". And back in that times players opinion was valueable enough to abandon this idea. But not now. Game loses players and devs try to keep the same level of profit via microtransactions. Problem is - we still have B2P and P2P things in this game. What modern players (and not players too) don't understand about payment methods - is that they're usually trade off and mutually exclusive. I.e. how F2P games work? Game itself is free, but it's bad without microtransactions. It's good compromise for players, who are ready to play bad game for free. Or that program user is ready to use it for free, but watch ads instead, that involves collecting his "preferences", i.e. personal data. But currently all companies start to mix payment methods. We can see microtransactions in paid games and telemetry/ads in paid programs. And it's nonsense, caused by simple fact, that customers are stupid to allow companies to do this, instead of rejecting such products, forcing companies to fix them.
    huh?werent the transmog helms only recently removed?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    meh...its no different than selling costumes for gold,just use some tokens and get it
    Yeah, tokens are very tricky thing. They are so perfect idea, that players just can't do anything about them. They're essentially P2W, because you can buy things for real $$$, but devs justify them via "You don't buy gold from us - you buy it from other players, so it's essentially just trading with other players, while we provide secure platform for it and get our fee - RMT would happen anyway, so we just make it official".

- - - Updated - - -

huh?werent the transmog helms only recently removed?
    Yeah, they were kept in game after protest, because otherwise devs would have needed to refund them, but devs didn't go further, that this.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Yeah, tokens are very tricky thing. They are so perfect idea, that players just can't do anything about them. They're essentially P2W, because you can buy things for real $$$, but devs justify them via "You don't buy gold from us - you buy it from other players, so it's essentially just trading with other players, while we provide secure platform for it and get our fee - RMT would happen anyway, so we just make it official".
    ye it sucks u can use real money,but blizzard has to make some money of it,if it was just gold to tokens they would lose milions of subs worth of $

Get used to it. As more people quit retail for good expect more shit to be added to the cash shop for the whales to keep their profits up.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Get used to it. As more people quit retail for good expect more shit to be added to the cash shop for the whales to keep their profits up.
    If game now has F2P quality, so many players quit it and it no longer can be supported via sub fee - then make it F2P officially and remove box price and sub fee already. Game just CAN'T be B2P/P2P and F2P at the same time. It's nonsense.

Sub fee - is some sort of VIP status. And if game has micristansactions at the same time, then this VIP status is actually restricted and there is super-VIP status in this game, that makes sub fee completely pointless.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-09-04 at 05:01 AM.

I don't think those helmets were that popular. But a full transmog set? With shiny affects and more "detail" you don't see on normal sets? You better believe this will make money. And to the people "we gotta stop this before it gets out of hand". You are already too late. How many people did you see with that transmog set they released earlier? This one looks significantly better too. Its gonna make cash.

7+ Year Old Account
    There must be a way to make it work without it affecting players too much. An example people aren't gonna like i know, but FF14 sells transmog in their cash shop and well as far as i know there does not seem to be outrage over it at all. Even when it sells full on level boosts and skips too. Granted, things are different in the east and how they treat their games but its the same in NAs FF14.

We aren't but people didn't boycott horse armor when they had the chance so now having the best looking cosmetics be exclusive to the cash shop is now standard across gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this. The last phase of the corporate IP cycle is to milk the franchise as much as possible before all of the customers are gone for good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unpopular opinion inc: I don't care and complaining about it on a fan forum won't make a blind bit of difference.

If you like it and wanna spend real money on it, that's your choice. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Personally I think there are better looking sets in-game obtainable from raids and such.

If game now has F2P quality, so many players quit it and it no longer can be supported via sub fee - then make it F2P officially and remove box price and sub fee already. Game just CAN'T be B2P/P2P and F2P at the same time. It's nonsense.
    Blizzard will not turn WoW F2P. They learned long ago that they can stick their fingers into both pies. They figured out that you can charge people a $60 box price expansion every 2 years AND $15 a month AND sell them $25 race changes AND sell them a $25 mount once every 3 months. Also, as a matter of pride, Blizzard doesn't want to admit that their game is dying. When the game's population began to decline, they refused to merge servers, as that would be an admission of defeat. They instead let servers to continue to depopulate and forced people to pay $25 to transfer off of their dying servers. When subs plummeted after a brief surge with WoD's launch, Blizzard tried to obfuscate the true status of the game by no longer publishing subscriber counts. To go F2P would be to admit that they are scrapping the bottom of the barrel and would greatly damage Blizzard's prestige.

ye it sucks u can use real money,but blizzard has to make some money of it,if it was just gold to tokens they would lose milions of subs worth of $
    Yeah, we had P2W shop mounts for mount collectors, P2W pets for pet collectors, then we had P2W tokens for buying boosts and now last thing - P2W transmogs for transmog collectors. Why should we even play this game, if every valuable reward can be bought for $$$? Some guys would say, that $$$ rewards won't give you "prestige and respect", but who cares about virtual e-peen "prestige"?

I absolutely want this and would happily pay 50 bucks for the new transmog!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, they were kept in game after protest, because otherwise devs would have needed to refund them, but devs didn't go further, that this.
    You can buy skill for real money? Interesting.

Honestly who wants this?

You talking about the gawdy helmets that have been around for like a decade that don't match anything and the silly fairly pajamas? I honestly have no idea what this post is about...

This pretty much. If people wouldn't buy those, blizz wouldn't be putting them up anyway, but whales are gonn whale.

- - - Updated - - -

Sub fee - is some sort of VIP status. And if game has micristansactions at the same time, then this VIP status is actually restricted and there is super-VIP status in this game, that makes sub fee completely pointless.
    Naive and wishful thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    You talking about the gawdy helmets that have been around for like a decade that don't match anything and the silly fairly pajamas? I honestly have no idea what this post is about...
    There is a new mog in cash shop coming 9.1.5. Looks pretty decent.

Turns out they can, regardless of whether you think they should.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    This pretty much. If people wouldn't buy those, blizz wouldn't be putting them up anyway, but whales are gonn whale.

- - - Updated - - -

Naive and wishful thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a new mog in cash shop coming 9.1.5. Looks pretty decent.
    Oh, is the nightborne stuff cash shop? It's... very okay looking.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to be real with you. I've been playing WoW since shortly before Wrath of the Lich King came out. I've recently been playing Genshin Impact. I'm more inclined to spend real money on Genshin Impact, a 99% single player free to play game that has literally all story content available for free than I am willing to spend real money on World of Warcraft outside of the sub fee. Nothing World of Warcraft has to offer outside of its sub fee strikes me as worth spending real money on at all...