Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    That doesn't sound very good. So we pay sub + expansion + MTX now?
    Nope, well...unless you want to... it's a choice you can make. Just don't buy anything MTX.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    We aren't but people didn't boycott horse armor when they had the chance so now having the best looking cosmetics be exclusive to the cash shop is now standard across gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this. The last phase of the corporate IP cycle is to milk the franchise as much as possible before all of the customers are gone for good.
    The one person that can protest this crap is Ion. Hes propping up wow by making great raids. If one of these other mmos poached ion, wow would completely collapse. Unfortunately, i dont think any mmo is set up to do it. Rob pardo has had a studio for a few years now and no game announcements. Ff14 is likely a no go. Where would ion go?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Honestly I'd rather we had a full cosmetic cash shop and that the WoW token couldn't be funneled as a P2P scheme.

Like, imagine if whatever currency the WoW token gave only served to buy cosmetic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

How are people ok with this?

Because it doesn't matter at all.

You can go to the auction house, buy token(s), then buy the items.

Don't have gold or money? Make it and stop getting upset that you're too stupid or lazy to figure out how to.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is the norm now in AAA game, get used to it. Payed cosmetics (and more) are pretty much everywhere, regardless of P2P or F2P. Because people buy them.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh it is our fault mainly, because we gamers allowed them for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control.
    The Sparkle Pony was released in 2010 and people have been talking about slippery slopes and how it's "out of control" ever since. 11 years now. Longest slippery slope in history I reckon. Optional transmogs are not a problem.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    im sorry, did i miss anything? surely there must be something, its not like forum people to overreact over virtualy nothing...

bcs as far as i know there is no new shop transmog already on shop, or anounced, or datamined... there is single image datamined, suggesting that the transmog is part of a bundle, on its own it might not even be sold, it might be "reward" for virtual blizzcon ticket (or whatever will be)...
    it might actualy not even make it into the game for years, or not at all...

and if it makes its way onto the shop... just dont buy it if you dont want it? its not like it would be ingame if it was meant for shop, it just WOULDNT EXIST...

you are basicale getting "pre-angered" bcs at some point in the future, someone else MIGHT get something they want, but you dont want them to have it...
    shop is not geting anywhere, so get over it, you had DECADE to get over shop with cosmetic items, and personaly, as long as its cosmetic i dont give a fuck...
    It was even more funny. In PTR we can see image of bundle for store mounts that is very typical for Black Friday/Christmas promotion (and let's face it, it's last patch this year). But wowhead by mistake uploaded image with reversed colors, even parchment color was turned to blue. Yet wowhead posted we will have "recolors" of mounts and people started yelling that even art for shop got lazy.

People just don't get that if Blizzard will stop puting stuff on shop, they will just lose money and gain nothing. I know celebrites on twitch say otherwise, but they told us WoW will be "fixed" without titanforging and AP two years ago. It's easier to blame store mount for TBC Classic droping players than archaic structure.

I would be pissed if Blizzard started sacrifice regular collectibles for in shop, like it was during WoD (faction mounts were sold in shop and we got.. boars and wolves). But it's not the case, 9.1 alone bring more mounts than whole WoTLK.

Yeah it sucks. But you know whats worse? The wow token. But nah, people dont go crazy about that. Atleast cosmetics dont affect the game at all, but the wow token has infected so much of how things work in game.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    No, it doesn't. I'm not sure where the joke is in that blatant lie the person you quoted told, but it's not true. Unless it's somehow just the most well-kept secret in the world. Cash shop glamour items do not give you any sort of buff to your damage. It's all cosmetic, with the sole exception of one mount that's built in with the first tier of mount speed in every zone, whereas that tier of mount speed is something a character earns in a zone through questing enough through that zone.
    The joke may have been the old one that "looks improve your performace", which is usually said with a wink, as obviously it doesn't, it just feel like it. Or the person really has no clue and just wanted to stirr shit. Okay, probably the later.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't really much any mogs in shop? There is like one currently or some such?

My take - I totally don't mind special mogs in shop and quite a few at that too. I do think they need to do it in a good faith way with fixing and improving the base game a lot first.

After WoW is back on track, I totally won't be losing my shit over mogs shop. If that other game can do it, don't see why not this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The Sparkle Pony was released in 2010 and people have been talking about slippery slopes and how it's "out of control" ever since. 11 years now. Longest slippery slope in history I reckon. Optional transmogs are not a problem.
    I mean Blizzard tried. They just found a way better system. They spent some miniscule part of their art budget on some actual new stuff and tack it onto promo events, deluxe versions and premium tier subscriptions and otherwise satiate their greed buy just taxing the gold economy with real money and charge you extra to properly play the game on non-dead servers. Others have to make actual stuff en mass instead to spice up their revenue sheets.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The joke may have been the old one that "looks improve your performace", which is usually said with a wink, as obviously it doesn't, it just feel like it. Or the person really has no clue and just wanted to stirr shit. Okay, probably the later.
    Well, if you we judge quality of our look by how people around us perceive us, shop stuff are doing pretty horrible stuff. People actually don't gasp how cool you look when you mount on some flashy stuff. Some will spit, most won't notice. Last month only time I registered someone else mount was when I spot person on Vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean Blizzard tried. They just found a way better system. They spent some miniscule part of their art budget on some actual new stuff and tack it onto promo events, deluxe versions and premium tier subscriptions and otherwise satiate their greed buy just taxing the gold economy with real money and charge you extra to properly play the game on non-dead servers. Others have to make actual stuff en mass instead to spice up their revenue sheets.
    Examine how there is new cosmetic stuff every patch and how many stuff get released on shop, then come and tell mi again how art team budget for regular things is miniscule compared to shop. Jesus Christ people, I know bending logic is common thing, but there are limits.

EDIT: Yeah sorry, my bad @Haidaes
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-09-04 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Game just CAN'T be B2P/P2P and F2P at the same time. It's nonsense.
    It obviously can and people are paying for it, so WHY would they change that?

You don't like that? Then handle it like the rest and play another, more enjoyable game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, if you we judge quality of our look by how people around us perceive us, shop stuff are doing pretty horrible stuff. People actually don't gasp how cool you look when you mount on some flashy stuff. Some will spit, most won't notice. Last month only time I registered someone else mount was when I spot person on Vengeance.
    Your misconception is that you think people buy cosmetics so others think they look cool. The visual fidelity is part of RPGs - even if it is just in the descriptive text in case of TTRPGs - people want their character to look cool, because they are the ones that stare at it all the time. Sometimes that goes even so far that you can play dress up in single player first person perspective games, where the only time you see your character is in the equipment screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Examine how there is new cosmetic stuff every patch and how many stuff get released on shop, then come and tell mi again how art team budget for regular things is miniscule compared to shop. Jesus Christ people, I know bending logic is common thing, but there are limits.
    Learn to read?

...did I miss where transmogs from the cash shop gave performance increases in the game, or the ability to skip a boss in a raid?

No? They don't?

Then who gives a flying fark?

Seem to fail to find anything, anyone care to link what transmog that you can buy at the shop the OP is so upset over.

Yes, FUCK YOU Blizzard, once again.

I would be pissed if Blizzard started sacrifice regular collectibles for in shop, like it was during WoD (faction mounts were sold in shop and we got.. boars and wolves). But it's not the case, 9.1 alone bring more mounts than whole WoTLK.
    this, i have almost 600 mounts (in collection, im not sure if i can check how much count towards achievments, but i should be close to or at 500 anyway) and i miss A LOT of old mounts, and i have virtualy no pvp mounts, but surely new mount on shop will totaly break my game experience especialy since they add dozens ingame in the time they add one on shop...

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yeah it sucks. But you know whats worse? The wow token. But nah, people dont go crazy about that. Atleast cosmetics dont affect the game at all, but the wow token has infected so much of how things work in game.
    oh yeah token CHANGED the game
    people were buying gold/items/boosts for decade, and then the token came and ...people kept doing the same

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Seem to fail to find anything, anyone care to link what transmog that you can buy at the shop the OP is so upset over.
    theres none, there is datamined image showing armor in a bundle so it MIGHT one day became obtainable on shop
    it might take years (like some datamined moutns did) or it might never even get into game (like some other datamined mounts and other things) but why not get pissed for no good reason now, right?