10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/88n3...ical-prisoners

Madison Cawthorn wants to "bust out" the "political prisoners" who we apparently don't know, despite I believe all those arrest/charging records being public (hence why the arrests have been reported on extensively).

The party of "law and order" loves them their own criminals.
    it was cute when he said "he didn't want to take up arms against fellow Americans" knowing good and well he wouldn't dare try to wheel himself to a fight.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    it was cute when he said "he didn't want to take up arms against fellow Americans" knowing good and well he wouldn't dare try to wheel himself to a fight.
    Hot tip;

Anyone who says "I don't want to take up arms against fellow Americans" is absolutely planning and is willing to do so. They're just waiting until they have enough of an excuse.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...an-6-committee

Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is "threatening" telecom companies, if they provide call/email records to the committees in response to legal requests then the Republicans will be very unhappy that these companies complied with federal requests, voluntarily or under threat of penalty, and that will be bad for them.

Remember when the Republican party didn't openly talk about how much they hate it when people and/or companies follow the law?

If these companies comply with the Democrat order to turn over private information, they are in violation of federal law and subject to losing their ability to operate in the United States
    That was Kevin McCarthy, who declined to cite which law these companies would be in violation of.

Following the law is now breaking it. Doublethink is doubleplus good.

Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is "threatening" telecom companies, if they provide call/email records to the committees in response to legal requests then the Republicans will be very unhappy that these companies complied with federal requests, voluntarily or under threat of penalty, and that will be bad for them.

Remember when the Republican party didn't openly talk about how much they hate it when people and/or companies follow the law?

That was Kevin McCarthy, who declined to cite which law these companies would be in violation of.

Alternatively, he's threatening politically-motivated government reprisals against private companies for working with Democrats, which is just absolutely beyond the pale (though sadly not without precedent).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Hot tip;

Anyone who says "I don't want to take up arms against fellow Americans" is absolutely planning and is willing to do so. They're just waiting until they have enough of an excuse.
    yes, but in HIS case, he's planning and willing to have OTHERS do so.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

I LOVE gangsterism threats like this!

First if there is innocence, why do they care. Must be afraid to see their phone calls.

But the best of all to openly threaten companies now when helping out on an investigation. If this is not a Fascist Party move, I don't know what is. It's amazing how they don't even hide their fascism.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

”If you are not able or willing to respond to this request without alerting the subscribers or the accounts, please contact the Select Committee prior to proceeding,” the committee wrote in several of the letters.
    The companies should preserve records, but not divulge them prior to an actual subpoena. The users of their message services are entitled to privacy lacking a validly issued subpoena, from court or Congress. And any provisions in the request which are overbroad should be subject to challenges of the subpoena.

McCarthy's sound bites aren't made any better by this consideration, if anybody was wondering.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    The companies should preserve records, but not divulge them prior to an actual subpoena. The users of their message services are entitled to privacy lacking a validly issued subpoena, from court or Congress. And any provisions in the request which are overbroad should be subject to challenges of the subpoena.

McCarthy's sound bites aren't made any better by this consideration, if anybody was wondering.
    They can, and do provide such things willingly. This isn't so much true with Facebook, but Twitter has no problems doing it. This is simply a general request, and they can always subpoena them if they are not willing to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They can, and do provide such things willingly. This isn't so much true with Facebook, but Twitter has no problems doing it. This is simply a general request, and they can always subpoena them if they are not willing to do so.
    Stall. Stall more. Stall longer. Until after the midterm election and see who wins. THEN move.
    That's what I see happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Stall. Stall more. Stall longer. Until after the midterm election and see who wins. THEN move.
    That's what I see happening.
    The results of any findings aren't going to change minds.

These are people who looked past everything else, and still voted for those shitbags. Trying to play the morality card against people with no morals and principles... doesn't get you very far.

This is the thing most people fail to understand about all those phone records, or even the communications on Twitter or Facebook. Those belong to the companies, they own them. Yes, this includes PMs and metadata. All those threats to attack companies for how they handle their data, is absurd. Now, I have no doubt that those companies will want a subpoena, just to cover their asses in the case that someone wants to bitch that they are violating their own terms of service.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-09-01 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Alternatively, he's threatening politically-motivated government reprisals against private companies for working with Democrats, which is just absolutely beyond the pale (though sadly not without precedent).
    Honestly it sounds like obstruction of justice to me. You can't threaten someone to keep them from turning over evidence to the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I wonder when he'll come to the realization that threatening companies who make campaign contributions to your party's campaigns is not a smart plan? A real smooth brain move there.

In other news, QAnon Shaman pleads guilty.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/polit...ley/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I wonder when he'll come to the realization that threatening companies who make campaign contributions to your party's campaigns is not a smart plan? A real smooth brain move there.

his family were telling him not to cut a deal because they thought trump would get back into power and pardon him. just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    his family were telling him not to cut a deal because they thought trump would get back into power and pardon him. just sad.
    There is no one quite as deluded as the self deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I thought he was the insurrectionist formerly known as QAnon Shaman now.
    That's a big loss for QAnon, it's tough to replace a good shaman. Who will they use for bloodlust now?
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post

If I were the judge, I'd make a condition of his punishment be that any moves to mimic his previous actions and behavior, would be an immediate revocation of the sentence, and he'd be subject to re-sentencing.

15+ Year Old Account
    In other news, Proud Boys leader "Tiny Toese" literally shoots himself in the foot not long after getting out of prison.

https://twitter.com/rileskiley/statu...32322342465539

In further irony, he apparently literally shot off some of his toes.

Proud Boys are also trying to storm some schools in WA in protest of masks.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...60282418827268

Man these chuckleheads are a fucking clown show. Can we declare these guys domestic terrorists already? If trying to storm onto school grounds carrying guns isn't terrorism, I don't know what is.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    In other news, Proud Boys leader "Tiny Toese" literally shoots himself in the foot not long after getting out of prison.

https://twitter.com/rileskiley/statu...32322342465539

In further irony, he apparently literally shot off some of his toes.

Proud Boys are also trying to storm some schools in WA in protest of masks.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...60282418827268

Man these chuckleheads are a fucking clown show. Can we declare these guys domestic terrorists already? If trying to storm onto school grounds carrying guns isn't terrorism, I don't know what is.
    It seems it's unclear who fired the shots in the shooting, though it sure does seem like the Proud Boys once again were itching for a fight and instigated a confrontation/chase with "antifa" (whether they were or not I don't know, but considering PB's think everyone is antifa oh well).

The latter though...how fuckin pathetic of a grown ass adult do you have to be to go and menace fuckin public schools while they're in session. Jesus fuck these people are truly pathetic, and truly psychologically stunted and stuck in a middleschool mindset.

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems it's unclear who fired the shots in the shooting, though it sure does seem like the Proud Boys once again were itching for a fight and instigated a confrontation/chase with "antifa" (whether they were or not I don't know, but considering PB's think everyone is antifa oh well).
    True enough, it's not confirmed who shot Tiny in the foot. But in a way it was by his own design anyway. They were trying to chase down and start a fight with people they deemed to be Antifa. Zero sympathy that his foot is forever crippled. Doesn't look like he'll be chasing antifa any more.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Well, another day, another excuse by the QAnon Shaman on why he did what he did. This time though, might be the oddest yet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...edgdhp&pc=U531

QAnon Shaman’s bizarre new legal defence: Trump was his ‘first love’