Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once people accepted the -that horse- in Wrath of the Lich king this has been a long time coming, more mounts and pets were added and now transmogs are added more frequently.

Expect more to be added in there, they have to compensate somehow by the loss of active players.

The removal of a the spit emote was done to protect players that spend a more premium amount on the game, this is indicative of them starting to pander more to whales or just people who want to spend more. Any expansion now you will see a a multi tier expansion release with gameplay benefits followed by gameplay benefits in game, not that it really matters ever since the wow token the door has been wide open for P2W practices that devalue the accomplishments of others in game, something they will never return from.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't even begin to imagine why would anyone care or be upset about cash shop mogs. Go back to your Asmongold cave please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You can buy skill for real money? Interesting.
    Technically yes, by outgearing content.

OT:
    WoW will never go F2P because that would devalue their product way too much. They'd lose massive audience due to the perception that the game is just a shitty Chinese mmo or like every other pos f2p game. It would be a bad business decision and the only reason why we would see it is because the game is complete end of life.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2021-09-04 at 12:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I can't even begin to imagine why would anyone care or be upset about cash shop mogs. Go back to your Asmongold cave please.
    xD +1

The amount of Asmonbald Belular brain washed comaplain karens is too damn high currently.
    And is this topic really needed?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No one forced Blizz to follow monetization trends
    Investors.

Wow... was shocked to come here and see some whales in the wild. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

How are people ok with this?
    Im convinced that nobody would care about this if they just messed with the UI.

Put all of the store items on different vendors in the world. For gold costs equal to the current price of a WoW token. And every time someone buys one of those items, it cashes out someone else's WoW token from the auction house automatically.

So buyers never have to see a dollar value.

thats what you get for playing retail.

considering how obviously huge the token economy is (e.g. boosting) and how popular cosmetics are in various other games, i'd say you're on the wrong side of this battle. people want to give bliz their money apparently.

Here come the usual self-entitled folk coming here crying Blizzard have added something to the game they can't get without spending money, the same people that probably defend the shop in FF.....same people that go bat shit when they add a mount to the store despite having over 600 or something in-game but oh no, they want the one they add to the store or they will quit the game! don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I want this. Fuck grinding for hours. If i can pay money for something nicer that gives me no advantage over other players other than style, I'll do it gladly. Fuck anyone who has a problem with it.

How am I OK with it?

I'm not a big baby, that's how. Got the Fae dragon set for free with my sub and I've never used it once. There are a hundred more impressive sets in-game that I'd rather have.

Cosmetics are not a problem no matter how much manchildren screech about them. Ya'll should see what they put on the shop in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

How are people ok with this?

I'm not ok with you making such a whiny thread about a topic you've made such broad generalizations and exaggerations about, and yet here we are.

If only you had the ability to not be affected by something that is optional.

OH WAIT--

10+ Year Old Account
    The system exists because people perpetuate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The system exists because people perpetuate it.
    Blizzard can easily put the stop to this.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmankill1 View Post
    Blizzard can easily put the stop to this.
    Buy why? people obviously want it, just because a couple of salty children on mmoc don't like it? Who fucking cares about those degenerates.

We used to be on a slippery slope, but we are so far past that now. All we can do now is laugh at the few sheep that didn't just remain sheep throughout the years but have now evolved into whales, and wish them a lot of fun using their credit card keeping the game afloat for as long as possible.

I don't even see the point in trying to delay the rot anymore with protest and feedback. Blizzard's response to the crisis has been quite disillusioning even for me. It is what it is and it will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's just nonsense. Buying gold could get you banned and Blizzard absolutely could clamp on that with better detection tools and more assertive GM and support team.

The moment Blizzard legalized the gold purchases through their shop - the floodgates have opened. That is why you have this insane amount of boosting going on relatively recently all around to the point they have to do stuff like tying LFG tool capabilities to authenticator and what not what else down the road.

Boosting now IS an absolute menace and it IS because Blizzard effectively sanctioned gold selling themselves and profit very nicely from that as well. So don't tell me they made token out of concern for players, that's hilarious denial of reality.
    I cannot claim to know what happened behind closed doors, but I do remember pretty clearly that the official claim when the Token was released was to preempt the war they were having with Chinese gold sellers. The claim was that much of that gold was being stolen through account hacking and account theft, causing a resource drain on them and days of suspensions for players while a ticket got sorted out. So they introduced the Token hoping to remove the market and incentive for hacking accounts in the first place.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-the-wow-token
    Buying gold from third-party services negatively impacts the game experience for everyone. The overwhelming majority of the gold these services provide comes from stolen player accounts, halting the victims’ ability to play the game and contribute to their guilds. On top of this, gold selling companies often farm resources using hack programs, sell fake product codes as a scam, and spam entire realms with ads to buy gold, disrupting the game in very real ways.

The WoW Token allows players to exchange real money for gold in a secure and sanctioned way—together with the ongoing efforts of our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams to stop the exploits these companies use and help players who have become victims of their operations, we hope the Token can help make World of Warcraft a safer and more enjoyable game for all of our players.
    I even remember news of Chinese gold farming sweat shops:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2011/06/02/chinese-prisoners-forced-to-farm-world-of-warcraft-gold/?sh=10e475cb5fe4
    https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-labor/351123/

You can claim all that is bullshit justification. But those were very real problems for years.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    meh...its no different than selling costumes for gold,just use some tokens and get it
    This.

People whine way too hard about the cash shop while ignoring the absurd gold costs (which can just be translated into cash costs) of various in-game items.

I mean whining about a €20 mount while mounts costing millions are already in game? Grow up.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I'm not okay with it but I also accept that it's not going to go away. It'd be naive for me to think it's going anywhere, look at all the other competitors, why would Blizzard not do something that every other company does? Store cosmetics are incredibly cheap for them to make compared to the amount of money they get out of it even if it's just a small percentage of people who buy it. We can be mad about it all we want but as long as there's even a fraction of the playerbase that buys them, they aren't going anywhere. It's a waste of time and energy to try to fight that system.