Poll: Should Blood Elves get San'layn options?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    I rather see them removed from the game.
    Well, it's been 14 years since they came in - haven't had much luck in them being removed, so far.

I would say no but blizzard likes putting hints of them in even referencing them in 9.1s story quest.

I just think we have enough elves.

Yes. More customization is always good.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

10+ Year Old Account
    More customization is never wrong.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Hell, if you were playing Horde only, you never would have known they were a part of the Horde. They only appeared in the alliance quests in Vul'dun, right?
    You run into them at sea as well, but I think it's in the same quest chain.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    The biggest problem with hardcore BE players, are themselves. They only see their own interpretation of Blood Elves as "the right one" and shut down any idea that doesn't fit it.

You want San'layn options for them? No, Blood Elves are cannibal monsters, they should get Lightforged customization.

You want more opulent jewelry? No, Blood Elves need to be survivors and have their scars and runic tattoos.

You want scars and markings? No, Blood Elves need Farstrider markings.

So no matter what idea you support, you are going to get shit for it. And dare to support all of them, because then everyone comes after you, let alone if you say "Void Elves could also get Farstrider tattoos" because HOW DARE YOU keep asking for things that should be exclusive to Blood Elves (Just ignoring the fact that the Void Elf leader is the most iconic Farstrider of the franchise)

It's tiring to ask for ANYTHING for Blood Elves because another Blood Elf payer will start throwing crap at you for wanting that.
    While I consider myself to be one hard core Sin'dorei fan, I would be open to many things. San'layn optics - great! Opulent jewelry - even better, my BE belong to a noble house after all. Scars and markings - of course, not everyone has healing.

Though Farstrider are High Elf options, don't really need that on Horde characters. I am more than content to have blue eyes on some of my BE - the ones who are Mages and thus have more arcane in their veins - but I also have some with golden eyes (Priest / Paladin classes) and of course also green eyes (Warlocks, of course).

Though I don't know if I would ever use the San'layn options, they fit the Sin'dorei thematically and would be an overall win.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I selected the "no" option.

Oh wait. Learn to make a poll
    You have been on MMO-Champion long enough to know 99% of people making polls put options that suit their narritive.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    While I consider myself to be one hard core Sin'dorei fan, I would be open to many things. San'layn optics - great! Opulent jewelry - even better, my BE belong to a noble house after all. Scars and markings - of course, not everyone has healing.

Though Farstrider are High Elf options, don't really need that on Horde characters. I am more than content to have blue eyes on some of my BE - the ones who are Mages and thus have more arcane in their veins - but I also have some with golden eyes (Priest / Paladin classes) and of course also green eyes (Warlocks, of course).

Though I don't know if I would ever use the San'layn options, they fit the Sin'dorei thematically and would be an overall win.
    Basically that's my personal opinion as well, although I'd use San'layn options. And I have gotten crap from BE fans that say Farstrider options should be BE unique options lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    How to make a yes/no poll:

1st step: Ask a yes or no question. (you managed that at least)
    2nd step: Add a clear yes and no option, no flavor text to bias the answer. (you failed here; miserably)
    3rd step: Bonus Round 1: Add an "undecided" option.
    4th step: Bonus Round 2: Add a "don't care" option.
    5th step: Bonus Round 3: Add a troll/joke option.

As for the actual anwer, I'm against it. Some enemies can just be enemies and vamps are so overdone.
    I guess the point was to find out what other options people want for Blood Elves if they didn't want San'layn options. It's not really meant for people who just want to shit on everything and say no no no. The first post was very clear, do you want San'layn, or something else? If something else is what you want, then say what that something is. If you don't think Blood Elves should get anything new, then this poll isn't meant for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    No, because San'layn are more-or-less a sub-race of Blood Elves... not a bunch of Blood Elves who pop in vampire fangs from Party City and wear red contact lenses. Why would I want to run around masquerading as one race when I'm not actually that race?
    This is objectively false.

They are blood elves, they were just transformed into vampires. Its in the lore.

San'layn aren't a great option, but I'm surprised we didn't at least get red eyes as an option for people that want Dark Rangers.

I'd love that. I'd also love it if Blood Elves could use the tentacle-free versions of Void Elf hair, and vice versa.

Multiple choice polls aren't very accurate in reflecting public opinion. I pretty much voted for 3 of the 4 options. Would I want San'layn customizations for Blood Elves? Sure, who doesn't want more? Would I prefer something else that's even better or more interesting to me than Vampire Elves? Sure. I don't care strongly enough either way whether I get San'layn or not.

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind more options as they're never bad for RP but San'layn/Dark Ranger Paladins or Demon Hunters would never add up for me

I'd say Forsaken should rather get a Thalassian race option for the said two, or unless Blizzard implements "sub-race" system like for example:

Blood Elf proper: standard classes
    High Elf: standard classes except Demon Hunter and Warlock
    Farstrider: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Monk - has farstrider tattoos and less magical saturated eye option
    Blood Knight: Warrior, Priest, Paladin - has lightforged tattoo options and more golden eye options
    Felblood: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Warlock, Mage - has demonic stuff like horns, claws, hooves, body spikes
    Dalarani Sunreaver: Priest, Paladin, Mage, Warlock - has purple glowy tattoo and more purple eye color options
    Undead: standard classes except Paladin and Demon Hunter - undead stuff
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Roll a blood elf dk lol
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes and i wonder why we didn't get them yet
    to be clear i talk about barber shop option, not a fucking new reskinned 'allied' race
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Roll a blood elf dk lol
    DKs don't have Mage, Hunter, and Warlock skills
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post

They are blood elves, they were just transformed into vampires. Its in the lore.
    Yeah… when they DIED. It’s in the lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post

Mag'har, Highmountain, Lightforged and Mechagnomes say hi.

Formerly known as Arafal

No. Enough crappy elf offshoots.

Too many crappy elf offshoots. Destroy half of them!

So long as you realize you're never playing a real San'layn.