Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    The market exists outside of China too.
    Yeah but China is a market that has more wealth than say, India, which has a huge population but a lot of poverty. China has a much bigger working class, and are one of the largest economies to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah but China is a market that has more wealth than say, India, which has a huge population but a lot of poverty. China has a much bigger working class, and are one of the largest economies to boot.
    I suppose the one could thing for China would be that they would be making money of addicted westerners instead of themselves.

Doesn't this have a lot to do with that "lay flat" movement where a lot of entering the workforce aged people are pretty much refusing to work in China? So the first step would logically be to stop it from happening further with the kids and then crack down on the existing arising culture. At least logical if your the authoritarian type. I am very certain the CCP has linked this "lay flat" movement with video games weather that is right or wrong. At least that's what I have heard through the grape from a few people that frequent business in China.

The market exists outside of China too.
    Which is why companies like Tencent have been expanding outside but China is still a big market they need. Also no lack of people in the EU and the US with the same thinking when it comes to games.

Lmao this sort of policy has nothing to do with communism, all countries put various restrictions on what kids can and cannot do.
    My country has no say in how much my kid can play games, what are you on about?

This shit is why we got shot at in 1989 when we fought for freedom and Democracy. China needs to rebel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    My country has no say in how much my kid can play games, what are you on about?
    I never even said that, you should probably read that again.

This shit is why we got shot at in 1989 when we fought for freedom and Democracy. China needs to rebel.
    Gamers rise up!

Not over China's treatment of minorities or LGBT rights, but over online vidya for kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    What the hell lmao.
    tfw u have just graduated from prageru

Communist country doing communist country things.

In my country, before we killed our piece of shit commie president and got Democracy, they'd put propaganda on the TV all day and you'd only have like 20 minutes of cartoons.
    Communism is when no video games or cartoons lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Communism is when no video games or cartoons lmao

You think the state censoring your TV and limiting your access to information or entertainment is ok?

- - - Updated - - -

I never even said that, you should probably read that again.

Gamers rise up!

Not over China's treatment of minorities or LGBT rights, but over online vidya for kids!

Are you... socially ignorant or something? Of course more people will care about something that affects them than LGBT rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    sip.
    Yes, let's blame video games and effeminate pop stars because people refusing to work in a work environment where working 13 hours a day 6 days a week has nothing to the whole lay flat thing.

10+ Year Old Account

Are you... socially ignorant or something? Of course more people will care about something that affects them than LGBT rights.
    This affects nobody here, so feel free to stop it with the fake outcry.

Going after androgynous looking celebs, suppressing minority rights and LGBT rights all hurt people far more people than a bunch of kids only being allowed to play 3 hours of online games a week... for which a ton of loopholes probably already exist anyway.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-09-04 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Yes, let's blame video games and effeminate pop stars because people refusing to work in a work environment where working 13 hours a day 6 days a week has nothing to the whole lay flat thing.
    You mad or something? I didn't say anything had anything to do with anything. I asked if it did. Let it roll off your shoulder.. because your rage.. its soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    You mad or something? I didn't say anything had anything to do with anything. I asked if it did. Let it roll off your shoulder.. because your rage.. its soft.
    Do the measures have something to do with the "lay flat" thing?

Yes. But the CCP cannot see the forest for the trees.

Do video games and androgynous pop stars have anything to do with the "lay flat" thing?

No. The problem is a toxic work culture and generally shit society that people have to live in.

Does the way you formulated your question suggest you think entertainment is somehow tied to some sort of "social decline" and that you think the measures are somehow appropriate?

Yes.

So....Be less weird.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-09-04 at 04:42 PM.

This affects nobody here, so feel free to stop it with the fake outcry.

Going after androgynous looking celebs, suppressing minority rights and LGBT rights all hurt people far more people than a bunch of kids only being allowed to play 3 hours of online games a week... for which a ton of loopholes probably already exist anyway.
    Yeah dude I'm sure the average chinese citizen cares that China is going after the 0.5% of the country that are openly gay.

Yeah dude I'm sure the average chinese citizen cares that China is going after the 0.5% of the country that are openly gay.
    1. The reason why the reported number is as low as it is, is because it's a fucking oppressive hellhole. So the number of people being actively persecuted is actually much higher.

2. Even if assuming that number to be somehow accurate...that's 7 million people experiencing active daily persecution.

3. A society that is willing to do that...IS A FUCKED UP SOCIETY. Based on your previous posts I sorta deduce you are from Romania (so your country is pretty shit too when it comes to how it treats its LGBTQ community), what percentage of your population are you willing to see jailed, murdered, beaten etc for absolutely no reason before you give a fuck? 1%? 5%? If it's let's say just 0.9% are you ok with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sorry but no, most civilized countries don't try and regulate what parents should be doing themselves, which is setting reasonable gaming time like my parents sure as heck did for me.
    Still has nothing to do with "communism"

- - - Updated - - -

Communist country doing communist country things.

In my country, before we killed our piece of shit commie president and got Democracy, they'd put propaganda on the TV all day and you'd only have like 20 minutes of cartoons.
    1. That isn't communism... communism isn't "when government does something"

2. What country is this you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    2. What country is this you speak of?
    Probably Romania. Only Eastern bloc country that executed its dictator in '89.

10+ Year Old Account
    The average Chinese citizen also does not care that children get limited access to online games, the adult gamers are probably even happy with it.
    But it really says a lot if you care more about minors getting more access to online games over LGBT rights.

The average Chinese citizen also does not care that children get limited access to online games, the adult gamers are probably even happy with it.
    But it really says a lot if you care more about minors getting more access to online games over LGBT rights.
    Both are violations of freedom, one just affects a billion while another affects a few million.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I think the "opium" has not so much to do with Marx ("alocohol is the opium of the working class") than to get images into peoples head of the opium wars and the resulting uneven treaties which still is a big topic in china - it's basically Nationalism.
    Marx referred to religion as being “ the opium of the people “ , not alcohol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_of_the_people