Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That would likely be considered hoarding, as that fits the definition.

Owning part of one company would not.
    So owning an entire $100 company is exactly the same as owning a $100bn company in your world? As I said, fundamentally dishonest, and pointless continuing this discussion. I'd love to be able to say that you're just a kid who will one day grow out of this and look back on this with shame. But I get the impression you're a grown man, and you're probably beyond help at this point.

The rest of you have fun with this, I'm done for good with this. It's a waste of time discussing anything with someone this warped.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    This isn't just about raising revenue, as others (including myself) have explained to you already. If you leave the system as it is, the billionaire class are going to hoover up more and more money. The end result of that, if unchecked, is that there won't be enough money left in the system for the rest of us for society to actually function properly. This is a mechanism to redress that, and try and rebalance the economy.

The fact it happens to raise tax that can then be used to properly fund things like SS is a bonus.

But you appear to be happy for this to carry on, regardless of what damage it does eventually. While complaining about the funding for SS hitting a wall in 2034. It's almost like you're a hypocrite who will use anything to support your position, without any sort of intellectual consistency.
    Except, it's not really money, it's still just one company. It's not really money, until they sell those shares of stock. You could value a company at infinity dollars, and it means nothing, until they sell stock in that company.

None of these things would fund SS, because that's taken in in a different manner.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes it is.

That's a lot. Or, to put it in perspective, a family that has assets of $600k, would pay $36k at 6%.

Every year.
    That's stupid bullcrap and not to put it in perspective, why do you go with the larger percentage and not the 2% that would come first obviously, so they'd be paying 12k on 600k assets, yearly, if we're ignoring the whole 50mio untaxed assets that came first.

So a family that has $50,600,000 in assets, would pay $12,000. Yeah, I think they'll get buy.

Or to put it in perspective if you have $50,000,100 you'd give $2 and keep $50,000,098. Are you telling us that $2 out of 50,000,100 is a lot?

What's a little in your world?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's pretend that you were an American, how much more would it cost you? We both know it's zero, which is my point. Wealth taxes are being pushed by people with nothing to lose, and everything to gain from them. There's no risk for you, because all you see, is free fucking money. People say we shouldn't listen to billionaires, because they don't want to lose money. I say we shouldn't listen to people who have no skin in the game.
    This isn't an argument. It's an empty character attack. It's you making shit up to try and make your opponents look bad, without actually dealing with the merits of the argument honestly.

You keep returning to this, because you don't have an actual counterargument. You're just throwing a tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Its one of two things, either....

1) Owning the stocks allows him to take a small paycheck.

or

2) You're saying the stocks have no bearing on the paycheck.

You've denied both, which makes you a liar, because there are only two options.
    No, being able to have other sources of income (which is reported), allows him to take a smaller paycheck. Do you know what those other sources of income are? It's not the simple act of owning stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So owning an entire $100 company is exactly the same as owning a $100bn company in your world? As I said, fundamentally dishonest, and pointless continuing this discussion. I'd love to be able to say that you're just a kid who will one day grow out of this and look back on this with shame. But I get the impression you're a grown man, and you're probably beyond help at this point.

The rest of you have fun with this, I'm done for good with this. It's a waste of time discussing anything with someone this warped.
    No, I'm saying it's not hoarding to own a $100 billion company. One just happens to be worth way more than another. I can own a random land card from the latest version of MTG, or I can own a single Alpha Black Lotus. Neither is hoarding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That's stupid bullcrap and not to put it in perspective, why do you go with the larger percentage and not the 2% that would come first obviously, so they'd be paying 12k on 600k assets, yearly, if we're ignoring the whole 50mio untaxed assets that came first.

So a family that has $50,600,000 in assets, would pay $12,000. Yeah, I think they'll get buy.

Or to put it in perspective if you have $50,000,100 you'd give $2 and keep $50,000,098. Are you telling us that $2 out of 50,000,100 is a lot?

What's a little in your world?
    Simply, because it maxes out at 6%. From the numbers given, that wealth is roughly $3.6 billion, which puts it around $160 million a year.

Would you want to have a larger tax burden of $12k a year, on top of your income taxes? How about all those families who own homes, or a 401k? I'm sure they'd have a problem, whether it was $12k, or $36k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This isn't an argument. It's an empty character attack. It's you making shit up to try and make your opponents look bad, without actually dealing with the merits of the argument honestly.

You keep returning to this, because you don't have an actual counterargument. You're just throwing a tantrum.
    It's a counter to your argument, and backs up mine. I've been saying all along that this is nothing more than an attempt to get other people to pay for shit. You claim to be totes willing to pay more, yet when confronted with how much, you clutch at pearls, and scream that I'm being insensitive.

Nah, my point is made... this is all about thinking other people should shoulder the burden for all that shit.

Except, it's not really money, it's still just one company. It's not really money, until they sell those shares of stock. You could value a company at infinity dollars, and it means nothing, until they sell stock in that company.

None of these things would fund SS, because that's taken in in a different manner.
    do you know what dividends are?

15+ Year Old Account
    Simply, because it maxes out at 6%. From the numbers given, that wealth is roughly $3.6 billion, which puts it around $160 million a year.

Would you want to have a larger tax burden of $12k a year, on top of your income taxes? How about all those families who own homes, or a 401k? I'm sure they'd have a problem, whether it was $12k, or $36k..
    So to have an argument you simply invent numbers?

hm

So you can't comprehend 50mio, 1bn, 2% and 6%, good to know.

Guys, we have to keep it very simple, Machismo can't math.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    do you know what dividends are?
    Yep, I'm fully aware of what they are, and I'm learning more and more about how they are taxed.

Amazon doesn't have dividends, which is one of the main companies we've been talking about. The value of publicly-traded companies is based on the price of stocks when sold, compared to the total number of shares that exist. If no shares are being sold, then there's not really "money" involved. If shares are being sold, it's those shares, specifically with the loss/gains realized, that is the "money" at issue.

In the end, that means that Bezos and others aren't really hoarding, when they own stock in one company. Now, they may end up buying 30 homes, then you could say they were hoarding homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s not really money even though every financial institution in the world treats it like money. Except the IRS.
    Look at all this fake stuff Bezo bought with his "not money"

I'd love an explanation from Machismo:

23mn of fake money! not even real

13m more of fake house

250m media paper bought with fake cash too.

So to have an argument you simply invent numbers?

hm

So you can't comprehend 50mio, 1bn, 2% and 6%, good to know.

Guys, we have to keep it very simple, Machismo can't math.
    I can comprehend just fine, which is why I provided the numbers in the first place.

At $3.6 billion, her tax burden under Warren's plan would be $175 million, in addition to any income taxes she already has.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at all this fake stuff Bezo bought with his "not money"

I'd love an explanation from Machismo:

23mn of fake money! not even real

13m more of fake house

250m media paper bought with fake cash too.
    Yes, he bought things, that's what money can do. I never said otherwise. If you want to say he's hoarding homes, great. How many does he have?

Bezos has sold billions in stock of his company over the past several years, I already posted about this, and provided the news stories. He also paid taxes on that income.

Imagine that.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachels...h=4128d5ef792c

I can comprehend just fine, which is why I provided the numbers in the first place.

At $3.6 billion, her tax burden under Warren's plan would be $175 million, in addition to any income taxes she already has.
    Gonna tell me how only making 3.425 billion is more of a burden on them than say... making 20k and paying 400 in taxes?

He bought all that shit on an $81k salary too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    God damn that's amazing!!!! 81k salary and a 250mn dollar newspaper and yacht with helper yacht. WTF am i doing wrong!

Gonna tell me how only making 3.425 billion is more of a burden on them than say... making 20k and paying 400 in taxes?
    It's not making that much, which is the point. This is wealth, not income.

Within 4 years, it would mean all her other assets would need to be gotten rid of, before she has to see parts of her company that she owns outright.

That's the point.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see his income, too bad you insist on ignoring it.

Man, why do Trumpsters like you not know the difference between income and salary?

- - - Updated - - -

God damn that's amazing!!!! 81k salary and a 250mn dollar newspaper and yacht with helper yacht. WTF am i doing wrong!
    Do you know the difference between income and salary?

Bezos does.

15+ Year Old Account

Not really, because you somehow say that this is a lot. Without any reason given. It's just a lot because Machismo says so.

So if she's smart enough she'll make 175mio within a year and if she isn't well tough luck get gud. I thought of all the people libertarians would be extremely pro getting stupid money out of the system because it fucks with the market. I guess not.

Just to point this out... this is exactly what I've been talking about.

You are mistaking income with wealth.

Not really, because you somehow say that this is a lot. Without any reason given. It's just a lot because Machismo says so.

So if she's smart enough she'll make 175mio within a year and if she isn't well tough luck get gud. I thought of all the people libertarians would be extremely pro getting stupid money out of the system because it fucks with the market. I guess not.
    Her source of income... is that company. The company that is famous for giving its employees more.

So, by jacking up her taxes, you are pushing her to treat her employees worse, and pay them less.

That's some fucking irony right there.

I can see he's back to calling people trumpers. And yet he's the only one interested in protecting Trump's wealth.

No, being able to have other sources of income (which is reported), allows him to take a smaller paycheck. Do you know what those other sources of income are? It's not the simple act of owning stock.
    What the fuck?

Are you now arguing that taking income form other business ventures let Bezos cut Amazon a break on his salary?????!??!?!?!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The bullshit you spew.....
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I can see he's back to calling people trumpers. And yet he's the only one interested in protecting Trump's wealth.
    I mean, you admitted to supporting him...

Not only that, you chose to deliberately misunderstand the difference between salary and income.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/income.asp

https://www.investopedia.com/article...aws-differ.asp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    What the fuck?

Are you now arguing that taking income form other business ventures let Bezos cut Amazon a break on his salary?????!??!?!?!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The bullshit you spew.....
    No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying his salary is not his only source of income.

He makes plenty by selling stock.

You did know he sells stock, right?

I'm going to ask this again, because I'm guessing you still don't understand. What is Bezos' income? I'll take any failure to answer as an admission that you have no fucking idea.