Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I think 9.2 will be the last SL patch. There is no more story to tell here. What is going to happen- are we going to almost catch the jailer just so he can jet off to a new land at the end? Just like last time?

Either that or some crazy plot twist where a group of unknown or unexpected enemies show up some time in 9.2 just so we can fight them in 9.3? I don't think they would go that route. People already complain that they are really not that "invested" in defeating the jailer since we basically knew nothing about him until SL. How "invested" would we be in defeating this new group in 9.3 (especially since we didn't even know about them until 9.2?)
    I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but we could also just be doing some basic fishing for some McGuffin in another zone. We clearly need a Maw Sigil to follow Zovaal. If they wanted to they could just make a raid in some proto maw zone that floats somewhere in the middle of nowhere that was something like Zovaal's original realm. There we uncover something about him (with out actually meeting him at all in 9.2) and reforge his sigil after dealing with a few pests there that have taken overt the place, like some devourers, brokers, first ones creations and maybe some original Zovaal flavor enemies. We know practically nothing about his original character.

That would practically be Blizzard's last chance to cram in some much needed exposition for him and flesh him out before we take him down. Time gating that over 8 weeks otherwise after you've already butchered him in normal/heroic in the first week of the final patch is certainly not going to do it.

While I doubt it personally from a business PoV, it could be a possible from the way video game stories usually work. I certainly hope they won't have him vanish off into the distance a 2nd time. Turning this into a "Your princessgimp is in another castle" meme isn't bound to resonate too well with people, though I doubt neither is going on what amounts to a side adventure after we already did so this patch with the whole sigil gimmik (introduced and immediately resolved).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Wait people are actually doubting 9.2? Weird.

I mean 9.3 I would say is a coinflip, and there's obviously precedent for not having a .3, but 9.2 is a mortal lock.
    Well, one person is doubting 9.2. Everyone else is telling him otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

9.2? Definitely.
    9.3? I lean towards no.

But the real question is if they are so far behind in development that they feel they have to cut 9.3, then how far behind are they on 10.0 as well? How long will 9.2 last, and how much will have to be cut from 10.0?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    9.2? Definitely.
    9.3? I lean towards no.

But the real question is if they are so far behind in development that they feel they have to cut 9.3, then how far behind are they on 10.0 as well? How long will 9.2 last, and how much will have to be cut from 10.0?
    Being behind doesn't mean stuff is cut necessarily, SL was delayed release wise. Possibly it might get "cut" but that seems unlikely and Ion has been more then willing to say "No more content" before(See WoD and that.................................disappointing moment).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So, has anyone tried the stuff on the PTR yet? How does the changing work exactly or is the R80 feature not yet testable?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

A rare Saturday build, looks like just crash fixes and:

- One of the lunar new year shop textures being encrypted after leaking last build.
    - The addition of an interestingly named icon: Interface\ICONS\INV_LightForgedTalbuk.blp (unsure if for existing pet/creature or new mount (but mount smells like it would make the most sense))
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2021-09-04 at 10:03 PM.

Considering the LFD hunter pet has been changed to a mana ray, I think this new Talbuk is (finally) their unique paladin mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Considering the LFD hunter pet has been changed to a mana ray, I think this new Talbuk is (finally) their unique paladin mount.
    While I wouldn't say no to having one, that feels a bit odd given they have so many felcrusher elekks.

But given all the customization updates, sorely tempted to change my paladin from regular draenei to them when this hits.

This is exciting and exactly what I asked for, so I hope it happens! The bond between Talbuk and Draenei need to be explored more

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    A rare Saturday build, looks like just crash fixes and:

- One of the lunar new year shop textures being encrypted after leaking last build.
    - The addition of an interestingly named icon: Interface\ICONS\INV_LightForgedTalbuk.blp (unsure if for existing pet/creature or new mount (but mount smells like it would make the most sense))
    PLEASE be the LF paladin mount!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    While I wouldn't say no to having one, that feels a bit odd given they have so many felcrusher elekks.

But given all the customization updates, sorely tempted to change my paladin from regular draenei to them when this hits.
    If you read the mount descriptions for the elekks, the elekks were a new addition to the Army of Light introduced from Outlands. There is really no solid lore for them, most of the Lightforged Draenei stayed behind on Argus or weren't on Draenor long enough for Elekks to be associated with them. They are mostly connected to regular Draenei who stole(?) them from Draenor.

Pantera, Talbuk, Mana Rays and Marsuul are the original creatures of Argus and the Eredar and therefore are a much more fitting mount for the Lightforged.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-09-04 at 10:39 PM.

If you read the mount descriptions for the elekks, the elekks were a new addition to the Army of Light introduced from Outlands. There is really no solid lore for them, most of the Lightforged Draenei stayed behind on Argus or weren't on Draenor long enough for Elekks to be associated with them. They are mostly connected to regular Draenei who stole(?) them from Draenor.

Pantera, Talbuk, Mana Rays and Marsuul are the original creatures of Argus and the Eredar and therefore are a much more fitting mount for the Lightforged.
    Good point, I forgot Talbuk are native to Argus. Always felt like a stretch but eh.

I like talbuks so I'm interested, to be sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Wait there was something for lunar new year? Does that mean we are on this patch until after that? That would be terrible.
    This isn't a surprise.

9.2 was not gonna come before February.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-09-05 at 09:57 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    This isn't a surprise.

9.2 was not gonna come before February.
    That depends really. 9.2 could easily come out before the new year if Blizzard had a tight development schedule.

In this case however I would think Blizzard rather added stuff from Lunar New Year to not be bound by 9.2 release schedules.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I think 9.2 will be in February, which is 8 months after 9.1, which seems to be in line with the delayed patches being 2 months off, and assuming there is no 9.3

Are there any hints/secrets in Tazavesh?

and so we don't hear anything about 9.2 until February 2022?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    You didn't hear anything about 9.1 before June 2021?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    No, 9.2 won't come out until february.
    It will most definitely be on the PTR after 9.1.5 launches.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That depends really. 9.2 could easily come out before the new year if Blizzard had a tight development schedule.

In this case however I would think Blizzard rather added stuff from Lunar New Year to not be bound by 9.2 release schedules.
    Nah, at this point it's pretty much guaranteed that everything got delayed. Which would include 10.0.