Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Glad I don't live in Whina

"Incorrect political positions" is an weird way to describe rich people participating in ponzi schemes and tax evasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/tucker-carlso...031649617.html

Unsurprisingly, he's quite into this.
    Oh there are outcomes he’d like that are in line with what China appears to be trying to accomplish but he wouldn’t support the way they’re going about it. Believe it or not he’s pretty anti-authoritarian.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Believe it or not he’s pretty anti-authoritarian.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/vikt...jinping-2021-8

Really? Is that why he's praising Viktor Orban too, great friend of China and authoritarian himself? After just praising China?

He can claim to be anti-authoritarian just like he can claim to be a rugged outdoorsman that loves working with his hands. That doesn't mean anyone has to actually believe his lies. If you're duped by them, it's because you're willfully choosing to not pay attention.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vikt...jinping-2021-8

Really? Is that why he's praising Viktor Orban too, great friend of China and authoritarian himself? After just praising China?

He can claim to be anti-authoritarian just like he can claim to be a rugged outdoorsman that loves working with his hands. That doesn't mean anyone has to actually believe his lies. If you're duped by them, it's because you're willfully choosing to not pay attention.
    I mean have you actually watched any of his segments or interviews he’s done? Not just clips taken out of context. Or were you just duped by someone else telling you what to believe?

It’s all words so there’s no actions to prove it sure but if you’re equating Tucker to the CCP I have serious questions about how well formed your opinion of him is.

I mean have you actually watched any of his segments or interviews he’s done? Not just clips taken out of context. Or were you just duped by someone else telling you what to believe?
    Yes, and? Again, him saying he opposes authoritarians while all be sucking Viktor Orban's dick is about as believable as him saying he's a hard worker that works with his soft, supple, uncalloused hands all the time.

If you actually look for evidence of his claims and don't just listen to the claims themselves, there's not much to be found.

It’s all words so there’s no actions to prove it sure but if you’re equating Tucker to the CCP I have serious questions about how well formed your opinion of him is.
    I've never equated him to the CCP, that's a massive leap in logic you made all on your own. I did say that he's often deferential to and praises authoritarians - like he has just done with China which I linked in this thread and as I showed with Viktor Orban just above. He likes his authoritarians when they're taking actions that align with his views, and if you like authoritarians sometimes, then you still like authoritarians.

7+ Year Old Account

Why? He’s clearly a grifter whey will say anything he wants to get more money:
    Hating “authoritarianism” while sucking up to it.
    Trying to get people killed by disseminating false info about the vaccine while taking it.
    Claiming that the democrats are you to get you, (is THIS why you’re feeling like an alien, because you’ve bought into white genocide) while advocating harassment of children.

He’d LOVE China.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Personally, I feel like the West could learn a few things from China.
    Ironic considering how much conservatives whinge about "SJWs" trying to silence opposing political opinions.

Basically this post reads as "Man it'd be nice to have the ability to silence opposing political opinions, but I sure do hate it when my political opinions are silenced!"

- - - Updated - - -

Tucker Carlson can say the phrase "I'm opposed to authoritarian regimes" all he wants but when he spends his entire career praising authoritarians and authoritarian governments for being authoritarian, his words ring extremely hollow.

Source: Reality. Come join us. No I'm not doing your homework for you just because "I'm opposed to authoritarian regimes" rings pretty in your ears.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    In the USA they just seem to be more shizophrenic about it.

"We don't silence or censure people. We just fight misinformation or people with different opinions must obviously be trolling, so we cancel them on twitter!"

It doesn't make you an iota better or more ethical than China in that regard.
    I mean, when you say the USA could learn a lot from China in reference to this post... you realize how that makes you look when you post this, right?

It's most often businesses and not the SJWs that are removing racist conservatives from their platform, not the government. But I guess since we are a capitalist society and the conservatives worship capitalism as the almighty way of life, I guess businesses are both the state and the church for them. So being removed by businesses is worse than being put in jail and silenced by the government, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Cuck Carlson...

Yes, the man who supports the abortion vigilante law is trying to call Australia a police state.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    What, like authoritarian governments engaging in heavy-handed social engineering and extensive spying on every aspects of citizens lives?
    The US has that on lock already.

- - - Updated - - -

https://news.yahoo.com/tucker-carlso...031649617.html

Unsurprisingly, he's quite into this.
    That's so fucked. He lists 3 concerns and like 2 are just nonsense but he drags one legitimate economic concern in some bullshit attempt to give his tirade the air of legitimate grievance. Its like that dumb star trek trope where they always list 2 or 3 of something and 1 is a familiar item in the list and the other two are weird alien space names.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Why? He’s clearly a grifter whey will say anything he wants to get more money:
    Hating “authoritarianism” while sucking up to it.
    Trying to get people killed by disseminating false info about the vaccine while taking it.
    Claiming that the democrats are you to get you, (is THIS why you’re feeling like an alien, because you’ve bought into white genocide) while advocating harassment of children.

He’d LOVE China.
    I dunno maybe it’s the fact that my family came to the US to get away from the CCP and idiots like you think American values are inferior because you’ve bought into the racist hogwash being spewed from the progressives. Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Lol.

Queue Tucker Carlson wanking off to how awesomesauce the CCP is, keeping manly China manly. It's soooooooooo manly.
    Well, to be fair...he probably won't like the part about lowering the salaries of their stars or the cracking down on tax evasion bits :P

I dunno maybe it’s the fact that my family came to the US to get away from the CCP and idiots like you think American values are inferior because you’ve bought into the racist hogwash being spewed from the progressives. Fuck off.
    Right, its the progressives that are racist, not a bunch of southern rednecks that would want nothing more than make lynching of black people legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Right, its the progressives that are racist, not a bunch of southern rednecks that would want nothing more than make lynching of black people legal.
    Obviously the most intolerant and racists ones of all are the people who call out the intolerant and the racist. Oh woe is the white Christian straight man for no class of person has ever been more persecuted in all of history.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Fascists are attracted to the idea of China, Russia, and North Korea because authoritarianism enables the minority to control the majority. There are ways in which authoritarianism is technically more efficient solely in terms of productivity. Productivity is always going to be greater in an authoritarian system where you don't have to consider rights of the people affected, environmental concerns, etc. Fascists will often point to the efficiency of authoritarianism with glowing eyes, but it's the control of the majority they seek since they know that in a fair democratic system their extreme racist, bigoted, agenda loses. So they speak glowingly of efficiencies and a 'strong hand', while trying not to focus on things like the fact that Putin made the vaccine mandatory for the entire Russian military in April 2020 before any testing. Or China controlling every aspect of their citizens lives down to how many hours they can spend doing X in their own time, and what they can watch. Tucker Carlson would never talk to his rural viewing audience about the fact that Chinese can't even go recreationally fishing because even something that simple is prohibited by the government.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2021-09-05 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one side can be racist?
    In this case, the "sides" are largely determined by "are you bigoted or not", in the first place. That's the divide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the divide is more about "who you are bigoted against".
    Nope.

Unless you're confusing "to the privileged, equality looks like discrimination" bullshittery with the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Finally something the Western war right and China can bond over.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Productivity is always going to be greater in an authoritarian system where you don't have to consider rights of the people affected, environmental concerns, etc. Fascists will often point to the efficiency of authoritarianism with glowing eyes, but it's the control of the majority they seek since they know that in a fair democratic system their extreme racist, bigoted, agenda loses.
    That's simply not the case historically speaking. Authoritarian command economies are sometimes able to produce surprisingly rapid outcomes or growth in a short period of time in a specific narrow area, but that productivity quickly declines over time.

See ...The Cold War.

Fact is, mixed economies where the government regulates and supervises the market but otherwise allows the market to do its thing tend to do much better productivity wise.

China is not a command economy. It simply not shy of government investment to back its otherwise wildly deregulated capitalist market.