Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People should be upset, because you used to be able to acquire cool looking stuff in-game as part of the price of paying for the game.

Now a lot of stuff is generic/boring looking, and they're gating some of the cool looking stuff behind a paywall.

They even nerfed running old raids for transmogs, some of the drops are incredibly rare now -_-

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I am FOR selling transmog, mounts, pets, and anything that CAN'T be farmed in the game or AWARDED as an achievement (like challenge mode transmog, achievement mounts, etc.). If it was never in the game before, they can sell it and it is fine with me. I don't want to see a KSM mount or a Throne of Thunder tier set for sale ever. Don't even recolor it..... let those who got it enjoy some exclusivity. Otherwise, it does not affect my gameplay at all. I have never had any problem with any group over what I rode or my armor appearance (if transmogged). If WoW wants/needs to sell appearance items to stay afloat or make stock holders happy, go for it. Once again, it won't affect my gameplay.

It appears that WoW is using some items that they had already designed and didn't use to sell. The Flying Book Mount was one of our choices in the Vote For Your Mount contest that the big tree won. I voted for the flying book..... I will buy it when it comes available. It won't affect your game play. When they come out with 10.0 and the Extra Swoopy Expansion Pack, I will look at what they bait me with and decide if I want the cosmetics that won't affect your gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    People should be upset, because you used to be able to acquire cool looking stuff in-game as part of the price of paying for the game.

Now a lot of stuff is generic/boring looking, and they're gating some of the cool looking stuff behind a paywall.

They even nerfed running old raids for transmogs, some of the drops are incredibly rare now -_-
    Good Points!! I am thinking back to a lot of the WotLK sets....browns and greys. Pretty nasty. I agree on running old raids....Legion especially, since we can't do it effectively now (as per Ion's statements).

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post

Yep.

Nothing cool to be obtained in-game anymore. Nope. No new and cool mounts, the 1 (ONE) transmog set and a golden cow from the store tops everything ever available from in-game sources. Yep yep yep!

You people. Talk about not being able to see the forest for the trees. Blärgh... Now I don't doubt nor do I cast shade on anyone that likes the store sets/mounts, but claiming that they're Literally The Best that the dev team puts out is just fucking dishonest/delusional.

As for the issue with soloing old content... What's the point when nothing created since the store's introduction has been good...?

/s, obviously. There's balancing coming to rectify the insipid issues facing soloing old content for appearances/mounts in 9.0.5 and hopefully beyond. :d
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-09-04 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Honestly who wants this?

These transmogs are way more visually striking and most likely will offer more particle effects and other enhancements than in game items. Honestly everyone needs to protest this crap before it gets out of control. These are new appearences that can be used for unique events like Mage Tower 2.0 or other game feats of strength.....

How are people ok with this?
    I want it.

The more in the cash shop the better.

The more outfits the better.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    A lot of players honestly don't care about p2w a lot grew up with it. They do care about cosmetics though so it ruffles their feathers. So long as p2w is a two step process they won't mind it.
    I grew up long before MTX(however I consider arcades the original MTX. Want an extra chance, pay a quarter). I love cosmetics. I have o issues with MTX cosmetics and have no desire to ever spend the money. I hold no I'll feelings towards companies who make them, nor to those that buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    do you believe that FFXIV is "...milking the franchise as much as possible before all of the customers are gone for good?"
    Different expectations are at play here. WoW started in an era before cash shops became the norm. Adding a cash shop was a sign of brazen greed (look at the furor over the Celestial Steed and the transmog helmets), and intensifying the use of the cash shop after a decade long decline signals that the suits are trying to extract as much they can from the game before everyone is gone. Whereas FFXIV relaunched in an era when cash shops had become normal. The suits knew they could get away with it.

Not to mention EVE Online which has a subscription tier that you can pay for with in-game currency (In fact, the WoW token system was largely lifted wholesale from EVE Online's) and an enormous online store.
    You're comparing apples to oranges. You forget the reason why PLEX was introduced in the first place: to combat gold selling. EVE is a sandbox MMO in which everything is mined and crafted by players. In such a game, gold selling would be inevitable and would have a tremendous disruption upon the average player's enjoyment of the game. Gold selling had wrecked games such as Ultima Online. PLEX was introduced to mitigate the damage, by incentivizing players to buy official PLEX that can be tracked and controlled by the devs.

I simply do not understand the logic in which Blizzard is milking their customers before they are gone for good when there are all kinds of games that are doing quite well that have the same setup. Help me understand why Blizzard is so terrible and others are not.
    When did I insinuate that other games were guilt free? Cash shops in other games that are box purchases are scummy. Especially MMOs that already have a monthly subscription ontop of a box purchase. The difference is that this is a WoW fan forum and the subject is WoW. naturally WoW is going to be brought up more often than other games in this topic.

Because you've had little but praise for other games and do not consider it disqualifying to have a shop that is 50X bigger than Blizzard's. I don't get it.
    Please point out to me when I've praised the cash shop of other games. I've decried it regularly on the GW2 and STO threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I grew up long before MTX(however I consider arcades the original MTX. Want an extra chance, pay a quarter). I love cosmetics. I have o issues with MTX cosmetics and have no desire to ever spend the money. I hold no I'll feelings towards companies who make them, nor to those that buy them.
    True but heroes still rise up to challenge fate. A few of them vote kick anyone wearing transmog items from group finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    FF14 sells transmog in their cash shop and well as far as i know there does not seem to be outrage over it at all.
    Shh!
    People gotta find any way to dunk on Blizzard---even if other games do the same things---because they feel that Blizzard was perfection and uncorruptable and the first instant of corruption destroyed their faith. Or something.

I don't even know. Who gives a crap if there's a sparkle pony on the cash shop? Who even rides on that thing anymore? Who would wear these Xmogs past the first couple of weeks anyway?

How does it affect your PvP rating? Your Mythic prog?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    If only those that call themselves "not interested" could actually just live by their words and not cause a stink every single time for literally zero reason other than clout.

As for the fallacy of claiming that it's a thing now because they're losing money and everyone's a fool for buying (aka spending THEIR money)... Grow up, would be a kind suggestion here.
    Rlx, I just always hated the shop and never thought it was a good thing, I was just bashing it for no other reason, but sadness over how things have changed.

True but heroes still rise up to challenge fate. A few of them vote kick anyone wearing transmog items from group finder.
    Sounds more like insecure man-children than heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Different expectations are at play here. WoW started in an era before cash shops became the norm. Adding a cash shop was a sign of brazen greed (look at the furor over the Celestial Steed and the transmog helmets), and intensifying the use of the cash shop after a decade long decline signals that the suits are trying to extract as much they can from the game before everyone is gone. Whereas FFXIV relaunched in an era when cash shops had become normal. The suits knew they could get away with it.

You're comparing apples to oranges. You forget the reason why PLEX was introduced in the first place: to combat gold selling. EVE is a sandbox MMO in which everything is mined and crafted by players. In such a game, gold selling would be inevitable and would have a tremendous disruption upon the average player's enjoyment of the game. Gold selling had wrecked games such as Ultima Online. PLEX was introduced to mitigate the damage, by incentivizing players to buy official PLEX that can be tracked and controlled by the devs.

When did I insinuate that other games were guilt free? Cash shops in other games that are box purchases are scummy. Especially MMOs that already have a monthly subscription ontop of a box purchase. The difference is that this is a WoW fan forum and the subject is WoW. naturally WoW is going to be brought up more often than other games in this topic.

Please point out to me when I've praised the cash shop of other games. I've decried it regularly on the GW2 and STO threads.
    It doesn't matter if it is a different time or expectations are different. It's the same damned thing. If you think one is milking the fanbase, then they both are. If one is bad, they both are.

You want the transmog but you live off of your mom's credit card?

Step 1):
    Farm Gold
    Step 2):
    Buy Token for Gold
    Step 4):
    Convert Token to Moolah
    Step 5):
    Buy whatever you want.

I'm glad I could help.
    Until we meet again.

You're comparing apples to oranges. You forget the reason why PLEX was introduced in the first place: to combat gold selling. EVE is a sandbox MMO in which everything is mined and crafted by players. In such a game, gold selling would be inevitable and would have a tremendous disruption upon the average player's enjoyment of the game. Gold selling had wrecked games such as Ultima Online. PLEX was introduced to mitigate the damage, by incentivizing players to buy official PLEX that can be tracked and controlled by the devs
    ...umm the token literally serves the same function but if Blizz says it amg it's a lie but when CCP says its ok I believe you

10+ Year Old Account
    You forget the reason why PLEX was introduced in the first place: to combat gold selling.
    So was the token. I know why PLEX was created. I was there when they did it.

I'm much more interested in why you think transmog in the store is milking the players before they depart and the same systems in other games are not. "Different expectations are at play here" sounds like one set of rules for WoW and a different, opposite set of rules for everyone else.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-09-05 at 01:11 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

They've slowly gotten used to it. Mobile game design will win.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    It looks like there might be a new outfit that comes with the sparkle pony in that datamined image. Honestly, I am not worried until you have to use premium currency to transmog. Some games do that and wow very much could. It's funny how people talk about how great of a deal ff14 is and you only get 1 free character re-customization. The wow barbershop is free. Gender-change used to cost cash but it became free in Shadowlands.
    Ah, yeah if they put it out i'll buy it /shrug. I want to see blizzard succeed. I just want them to do it with more player involvement. Afterall, if we like the systems they put in, we will play the game more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course this happens. Most people here always defended Blizzard when they added more and more shop items. It’s kind of hilarious that it’s taken them this long to start going all in. I hope they start selling actual gear soon. Maybe $250 for a full tier set. WoW being a free to play game after all and they need to make money SOME way! Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    I absolutely want this and would happily pay 50 bucks for the new transmog!
    You would make Bobby Kotick shed a tear of joy.

You see no difference between buying the gold and earning the gil?
    I thought FF players knew how to read... since 99% of that game is dialog boxes.

Paying 25$ to boost a job to collect gil isn't "earning" it you fucking nutjobs. You can buy gil in FF too.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    I thought FF players knew how to read... since 99% of that game is dialog boxes.

Paying 25$ to boost a job to collect gil isn't "earning" it you fucking nutjobs. You can buy gil in FF too.
    I don't really get why you want to defend p2w so hard...maybe its cope maybe its seething I honestly don't know... might be both.

I know you never played a mmo besides wow but no... the token and the skip are different. Don't get me wrong neither of them are good but saying the skip makes gil is like claiming the level boost to 50 in wow makes you millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It's still bad.
    sure,its what it is,but i rly dont see the point of complaining as long as you can get it with gold like any other ingame gold mount

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I always worked under p2w = paid for something you can't obtain in game under normal means. but you do you.
    P2W is actually a way to get a winning advantage over non-paying players. Like stat boosts that made your character nearly unkillable by non-paying player, or certain unbalanced abilities/classes/specs behind the paywall. Or items that can provide you +100-200% dps just by buying it.

That so-calling "pay to win" in wow doesnt work actually. If you're a good player, you simply doesnt need it because you can beat all content without paying (like getting KSM in first 2-3 weeks after 9.1 release or so). If you're a shitty player and want to pay for boosts - you will just became a shitty player with gear. You will still wipe in keys or even normal raid, because gear do not provide such performance boost like good skill (I provided some warcraft logs analysis in a couple of P2W threads like "gear vs skills" gaining: ilvl provides you something like 35-30% dps for each 20 ilvls, while good skill can provide you something like 200-300% boost in dps). And it will not save you from staying in fire, kicking casts and so on. Shitty P2W player in 250+ gear in 100% cases will be outperformed by good ordinary player in say ~230 gear. You can easily detect such "P2W" players in pugs, because of their dying on almost every mechaincs, ruining keys and so on. Idk now is this P2W