Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I get the feeling that the only way we'd ever get a Bard is if they fully embraced the "ETC" vision with all the camp and silliness that comes with it. From its inception, rock and humour have been woven into the very fabric of the franchise. A D&D Bard wouldn't feel like it belongs in WarCraft, nor would it feel like a D&D Bard since WoW doesn't have a support role. They'd need to take a page from HotS and just embrace that ETC spirit.
    I agree that a D&D bard is a poor fit, but I don't think that necessitates going campy. I think the problem is in people trying to apply existing external concepts of Bard to wow, rather than taking the most fundamental concepts of the archetype and implementing them in the game's existing design space.

I get the feeling that the only way we'd ever get a Bard is if they fully embraced the "ETC" vision with all the camp and silliness that comes with it. From its inception, rock and humour have been woven into the very fabric of the franchise. A D&D Bard wouldn't feel like it belongs in WarCraft, nor would it feel like a D&D Bard since WoW doesn't have a support role. They'd need to take a page from HotS and just embrace that ETC spirit.
    I think one way to take inspiration from D&D here would be to adopt the concept of the Harpers from the Forgotten Realms. While they aren't solely Bards, the majority of the organization is, and could be the based off of something similar in WoW. Instead of being all about support, the Harpers (in the novelizations) were more about doing cool stuff with music based magic, and being a secretive(ish) organization that fought for good.

I think any Bard addition to WoW would inevitably have some level of camp in it, but I'd love to see it be done in at least a serious enough manner that they don't just default to a gag class.

It would feel out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    It would feel out of place.
    Relative to what? The literal traveling rock groups that exist in-game already?

I could also say that Tinkers and Necromancers would feel out of place. But I wouldn't, because I can acknowledge that reality and my personal preferences can be different.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    People out here going "it would feel out of place" even though we had an entire expansion inspired by asian culture and architecture despite WoW rarely if never having featured those inspirations before.

This is a non-issue, Pandaria is as much part of the Warcraft universe now as anything else, the same would happen to Bards.
    Ancient asia, as opposed to the modern Rock n' Roll, meshes with a mostly mythology-based game.

Relative to what? The literal traveling rock groups that exist in-game already?

I could also say that Tinkers and Necromancers would feel out of place. But I wouldn't, because I can acknowledge that reality and my personal preferences can be different.
    Necromancers and Tinkers are not a modern gag put into the game.

Bards are already a part of WoW lore, and have been since Warcraft 3.

(at 1:04)

Tinkers are 100% a gag. And 100% canon. Those are not mutually exclusive.

More bard lore from Warcraft 3:

(at 1:22)

Tinkers are 100% a gag. And 100% canon. Those are not mutually exclusive.
    How much lore is there for the Rock n' Roll bards?

7+ Year Old Account
    just by the amount of elf and human pictures here i say no.

don't mind bard, the concept is ok, if its not just a support and more of a full spellcaster like D&D now, but be more inclusive, not everyone play elves and humans in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    just by the amount of elf and human pictures here i say no.

don't mind bard, the concept is ok, if its not just a support and more of a full spellcaster like D&D now, but be more inclusive, not everyone play elves and humans in wow.
    Lol it’s not my fault most fan art for Bard consists of Humans and Elves, but look through again and you can find a Draenei, Worgen, and what I’d categorize a Dwarf and Forsaken.

This is not a medieval game. It’s not going to happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Lol it’s not my fault most fan art for Bard consists of Humans and Elves.
    there is plenty of others fanarts for bards from other races, you can even filter for D&D and you can find things like orcs, gnomes even goblins

by example.

but look through again and you can find a Draenei, Worgen, and what I’d categorize a Dwarf and Forsaken.
    yeah, but its like one between 20, game is saturated of elves already with demon hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, but its like one between 20, game is saturated of elves already with demon hunters
    There you go:

Would love it if different races get their cultural spin on instruments

Pandaren with some traditional Chinese instruments like the Pipa or Banhu would be an interesting alternative to Lutes

7+ Year Old Account
    i love all of it blizzard needs to hire this person.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Never really been into the Bard class, but man you made it really cool! If Blizz ever makes a Bard, I want it to be this! Amazing job, well done!
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.