Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You realize almost none of the changes besides one actually maybe affects the hardcore playerbase, and that's the conduit swapping removal?

They're not going to be swapping covenants that much because generally speaking, outside of a few odd cases, the best covenant for M+ is also the best for raiding. Especially true for the top dps specs. That's a change strictly for people who want to be able to collect and swap around for fun.

As for all your "still bad" examples, it's mostly just either A) opinionated or B) semi-irrelevant.

They're adding more quests to get souls so the complaint of "timegating" there isn't true. I don't know where people suddenly got such a focus on the gifts/offerings either, because I haven't heard a peep about them until suddenly now where people started to complain about them, but those are bound to the character anyway not the covenant, not like they disappear and it's all for cosmetic rewards anyway.

Korthia is fine. There is no "anima grind". The maw isn't really a focus outside of doing the assault twice a week and then leaving anyway.

And on top of all of that, there isn't any "milking money" going on at the moment. One promotion is straight up free.
    Only min-maxers need this changes and in most cases min-maxer = hardcore player. And only competitive content requires player to be min-maxer, otherwise he would be rejected. And in most cases competitive content = hardcore content. For example I'm casual player and I don't care about this changes. Again, Covenants are like classes and specs. There is no 100% balance between classes and specs, but players aren't allowed to swap them at any moment due to this reason. And I don't see, why developers can't add more "meaningful choice" systems. But even swapping isn't actually enough - character power and story should be separated from cosmetic and RP things. It's the same problem, as with rep grinds in MOP. Players wouldn't be angry about them, if valor gear and profession recipes wouldn't be gated behind them, making them mandatory to do on daily basis schedule.

And again. It's the biggest misconception, that game revolves around some "elite" content, like raids and M+. Simple truth - game isn't about "raid or die". It's content for may be 10% of hardcore playerbase. About 1M players max. And if other content won't be fixed, this game will have 1M players left pretty soon. Content, I've listed, is optional for some, mostly hardcore, players only. For me it's content, I actually play in this game. And if it's broken - I have nothing to do in game.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Only min-maxers need this changes and in most cases min-maxer = hardcore player. And only competitive content requires player to be min-maxer, otherwise he would be rejected. And in most cases competitive content = hardcore content. For example I'm casual player and I don't care about this changes. Again, Covenants are like classes and specs. There is no 100% balance between classes and specs, but players aren't allowed to swap them at any moment due to this reason. And I don't see, why developers can't add more "meaningful choice" systems. But even swapping isn't actually enough - character power and story should be separated from cosmetic and RP things. It's the same problem, as with rep grinds in MOP. Players wouldn't be angry about them, if valor gear and profession recipes wouldn't be gated behind them, making them mandatory to do on daily basis schedule.
    This is easily debunked by looking up the statistics though.

https://subcreation.net/

Covenant swapping on the fly like that isn't something that's for "min-maxers". It's for the casuals who want to collect all the cosmetics.

Your cutting edge players are still only going to stick to one covenant because why would they swap from what is best?

Covenant swapping on the fly like that isn't something that's for "min-maxers". It's for the casuals who want to collect all the cosmetics.

Your cutting edge players are still only going to stick to one covenant because why would they swap from what is best?
    I'd argue it's actually mostly for the people inbetween, because they can finally play the covennt that they enjoy and use their transmogs, instead of being told all the time they have the wrong covenant. The collectors would have done so by now with alts anyway.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicianna View Post
    Now, if they put up that advertising thing on trade channel as well and make sell runs for gold illegal it might actually make a difference.
    This! The group finder hasn't been bad in a while. Meanwhile, trade chat is utterly infested with boosting services. It's a disgrace and an eyesore. This change means very little to me, but them cleaning up chat would be way more impactful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This is some prime reddit shit.
    r/iamverysmart

Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    Are people really triggered/offended and calling a 5th grade joke sexist? for real?

Jeez some people need to grow some backbone
    That also goes for the ones bitching about the change, it honestly seems there are more people offended that it is getting changed, than there were about the name in the first place.

Do we already know if

-you keep your renown when switching to a new Covenant

-your anima is now bound to your account or your Covenant? Right now I am not turning in anima

-the Korthia Covenant mounts and tmog recolored sets will still be restricted?

An another reskin hippogyrph.... cool blizzard's so creative now these day

I’d say swapping Covenants is for everyone.
    It applies to min/max players because they can swap Covenants for specific bosses or content type, even depending on the dungeon. For example, as a Hunter main I might want Venthyr for fights like Terragrue and The Eye, but prefer something like Kyrian for Soulrender for adds approximately every minute, and then NF for Painsmith for the UwU blink (pre-hotfix). Then, there’s dungeons where NF might reign king due to mob placement, where Kyrian might be better for other pulls.
    The more casuals will still be able to swap to what they want as they want for whatever reason. Maybe they enjoy doing random crap with Venthyr teleports, or enjoy just having a Steward following them around playing music for them. That aside, casuals can still enjoy being able to swap things around in easier style content.
    I’d probably argue that if it’s truly on the fly swapping without requiring you to travel anywhere, that cutting edge players will benefit even more than casuals simply for min/max and teleport/blink abilities being beneficial on some fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Do we already know if

-you keep your renown when switching to a new Covenant

-your anima is now bound to your account or your Covenant? Right now I am not turning in anima

-the Korthia Covenant mounts and tmog recolored sets will still be restricted?
    Purely speculation as I haven’t heard yet:
    Renown will probably drop to whatever you have it at for that covenant. So, if you swap to Venthyr and have never played it then you will probably drop to Renown 1.

Hopefully with the Anima change and being left to carry 200k then that means you will keep it.

They said all cosmetics, such as tmog and mounts, will be available, so I would assume that means the ones from Korthia as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry everyone, at least they fixed people using /spit on other people in 9.1.5 to coddle the triggered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holiday Bromance Name changed from "Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's" to "Holiday Bromance".
    Jeez, more of this politically correct shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Jeez, more of this politically correct shit.
    it's just cringe at this point

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Actually, no, it's not.
    Sexism is a discrimination based on sex. That means that your sex determines what you can and can't do.
    Misogyny is a type of sexism, because it also believes that women are inferior or bad compared to men.

Misandry, for example, is another type of sexism opposite to misogyny: it believes that men are inferior or bad compared to men.

We tend to associate sexism and misogyny because it's the most prevalent form of sexism in modern society, but misandry is also present (specially on some "feminist" circles).
    And that's where sexism comes from. A person can only act sexist if they believe that women are somehow lesser than men, it's just less virulent and extreme how it's expressed. It is, however, the exact same thing.

It takes a long time for people to change their opinions radically, it's a lot easier for them to become more extreme. This is what can be seen with people who act in a sexist manner towardswomen and then after a few years you bump into them again and they've gone full-blown misogynistic in their behaviour.

- - - Updated - - -

What do suggest then? We physically go to Blizzard HQ with a govenrment approved ID to connect? Because anything else is hackable. Heck, even that is.

The thing is making it harder/more expensive without bothering the player, and using an authenticator goes in that way: a normal player sees no difference, while the spammer is forced to get a new phone number is banned.
    The only thing that would actually be a solution would be to hire people who looked at these claims instead of a "one-size fits none" response. However, AB is unwilling to do that as it might cut into bonuses so we get things that only seem like solutions. This will also hurt regular people who play and have yet to get an authenticator for some inane reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. For example, dark humor. It's supposed to be funny because it's so out of place and noone thinks like that, that it shocks us.
    As everything, it depends on the person, and not everything someone says match what they think.
    Yes and no. If there's a clear victim of the joke then it's no longer dark humour, it's just bigotry disguised as it. People would never do this consciously, the conscious is how they think, they do these things subconsciously, which determines how we act. So people can say one thing and express another. Like, a person who says, "I'm not a <bigot> but..." I know that they're 100% convinced that what they say is true even though I'm also 100% convinced that the next thing said is going to be <bigoted>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad they're finally renaming that awful Winter Veil achievement. It wasn't funny in 2008 and it's not funny today.

And for those needing a recap of its meaning:

Bros Before Ho's
    - Ho is shortened form of "whore".
    - "Whore" is a sexual slur used against females.
    - It essentially states that a female with whom you (male) are having intimate relations with is to be thrown away casually -- akin to throwing out the trash -- if something comes up between you and a male friend.

I had actually forgotten about that Haris Pilton achievement, though. Don't think it's sexist so much as sounding really dumb, so I'm much more neutral about it.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Definitely a solution most of the armchair devs on this site didn't think of... Most of us probably had an authenticator for so long we haven't even had to think about it..hell when's the last time you heard about someone getting hacked? All it would take is someone to break in, post the ad, log off, no one would know the diffence since nothing was stolen and it might of gotten deleted by the time they log back in. Their friends wouldn't of seen it more than likely since there is so many of them it's just noise and newer players likely don't have an authenticator anymore since they weren't around in the golden age of getting hacked in wow.
    To be fair, I doubt most of us had information on whether or not they had authenticators. It probably would've been a lot more obvious if all of those advertisements were made from compromised accounts. While I suspected they might be compromised, I didn't have the data to definitely say they were compromised (and I feel like that would be reaching at best).

That said, if so many accounts are compromised, the botting problem might end up being the same thing. A *lot* of compromised accounts and why they're so hard to ban.

Can somebody please check the following for me:

I have all Covenants at max Renown. Can my NL clothie switch 3 times and bux all three missing basic Covenant armor sets? They were gated behind the Covenant campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    And that's where sexism comes from. A person can only act sexist if they believe that women are somehow lesser than men, it's just less virulent and extreme how it's expressed. It is, however, the exact same thing.

It takes a long time for people to change their opinions radically, it's a lot easier for them to become more extreme. This is what can be seen with people who act in a sexist manner towardswomen and then after a few years you bump into them again and they've gone full-blown misogynistic in their behaviour.
    Errr, what? That's not true. Sexism is not a level of misogyny. A person can be sexist without being a misogynist.
    - A person who thinks that men are less capable than women (misandrist) is a sexist.
    - A person that thinks that each sex needs to fit a role (but thinks that neither of them is better than the other) is a sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You're looking at it as a 'need to farm X dungeons' perspective, which is fair. I'm looking at it as a 15 dungeon pool to enjoy playing, instead of 8. And retail has been getting less and less dungeons per expansion.

As for your perspective, is it really like that? You need 16-17 items in BIS slots, from multiple sources (dungeons, raids, legendary, wtv). You'll still need to farm the same slots regardless? Is it that different having some extra dungeons in the mix?
    Yes and I also dont want to redo content from previous expansions that I already spent years clearing already.

Errr, what? That's not true. Sexism is not a level of misogyny. A person can be sexist without being a misogynist.
    - A person who thinks that men are less capable than women (misandrist) is a sexist.
    - A person that thinks that each sex needs to fit a role (but thinks that neither of them is better than the other) is a sexist.
    They can act sexist without expressing misogyny, and that's all definitions. And therein lies the core, definitions. We define misogyny as something bad and villainous and so many people in one way or the other have beliefs that are sexists, and since no one is the villain of their own narrative. To live with themselves and to differentiate themselves from the villainous act sexism was defined as being different than misogyny. This is systemic and subconscious. If you look at the two things as purely mechanical things in how they work instead of how they're expressed they're too similar for them to be anything except the severity of belief and expression.

I've never seen a game have the nostalgia/soul sucked out of it in reverse lmao. It's like the opposite of what people find appealing about an old IP. Take all the distinct flavor of the old thing and re-make it, alienating the people that loved the thing growing up while attracting negligible amounts of people to the thing you're maintaining. I've seen people try with everything they have to inject soul/nostalgia into a IP, I've never seen people gleefully race to suck it out.