Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Pfffahahaha

boy. BOY.

Addons in 1.12 were infinitely more powerful than they were in Classic. You could make macros that made conditional choices, and as such, you could make auto-kick macros that you could just mash the button and it would not kick unless your target is actually casting. You could make auto-purge macros that could read the enemy's buffs and only cast purge if a specific buff was active. You could make 1-button macros for every single class. etc. etc.

Addons like Decursive existed, where it would literally just auto-target anyone who had a debuff and cleanse them. No thought or effort involved, literally just press the decursive key and it would automatically find someone in your raid and cleanse. Same with an addon called QuickHeal that would target the lowest health person in the raid and cast a heal on them. These addons were so broken that Blizzard had to forcefully disable their functionality so players couldn't use them anymore.

If you think Classic's addons are "toxic" (what does that even mean? how tf is an addon like weakaura "toxic" lmao) then you're in for a rude awakening when you find out how insanely powerful 2005/2006 addons w

yeah, and it peaks at 1000-2000 players online at primetime so it's dead most of the time, and it's full of chinese farmers and gold spammers, and it's laggy af and crashes all the time, and tons of quests are broken, and tons of mechanics are broken, and....etc.

you private server shills are hilarious
    lol bro you mean some stupid servers, i cant write names here but search wow fresh classic private server and you will see that you wrong. No gold vendors, no bots, no issues, 100% quests working etc. they are just better than blizzard ones
    Last edited by Hastis; 2021-08-28 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Hahaha, HAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHA! Hoo boy, I needed a laugh.

You really, really think they're gonna go with Fresh Classic, a suggestion from the community, so soon? After they dragged their feet and pitched a fit and said that the concept of Classic itself wasn't something we actually wanted, while simultaneously cracking down on private servers?

I'm sorry, genuinely, but that's not how they work. Maybe, maybe, the latest controversies will have them make a Hail Mary to try and get some extra people to come back, but I doubt it. I wouldn't expect fresh Classic for a few more years, probably after WotLK Classic most likely. This is based on my observations of them and how long it takes them to implement "big" changes that the fans want.

This aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by strixer View Post
    No one wants to play Naxx forever and it's economy is ruined long time ago.
    Too bad. This is what you signed up for. Maybe JAB was correct when he said you think you want it...

Cant wait for fresh goal posts. Once blizzard finishes moving these goal posts again, then, THEN the game is going to be perfect.

So it's likely we will get fresh Classic and this time around community will be like 2005 WoW. We all saw how retailers ruined Classic with min/max culture so raids were filled with 20 warriors and 10 mages. In addition they brought toxic addons like Weakaura and such that doesn't belong to Classic.
    This time around they will stay in TBC and hopefully possible fresh won't be toxic min/max.
    I can't wait for healthy community that doesn't cry when we wipe or yell "go go" and doesn't mind if BRD takes 4 hours to clear.
    >so it's likely we will get fresh classic
    No it isn't
    >and this time around community will be like 2005 WoW
    No it won't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Too bad. This is what you signed up for. Maybe JAB was correct when he said you think you want it...
    Of course he was. Everyone on here who got offended by the "you think you do, but you don't" statement is completely delusional because it is 100% correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    This post didn't age well

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    This aged well.
    Right you are. And I appreciate that you made an account just to quote it, lol! I'll admit, I was wrong. I definitely didn't see that coming... they must be seriously desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I just loooove how "Classic will be the best thing ever" got switched to "fresh Classic will be the best thing ever".
    I wish MMO Champ had a like button.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I just loooove how "Classic will be the best thing ever" got switched to "fresh Classic will be the best thing ever".
    Someone hasn't been paying attention, because this is literally how private servers work.

F R E S H would launch, be super ultra popular during MC and BWL, and then player counts would drop off more and more and the server would be dead by the time Naxx came out, and then a new F R E S H gets announced and the cycle repeats.

10+ Year Old Account
    You’re going to be severely upset then when you realize non/max isn’t going anywhere. Just what made you think people wouldn’t try hard?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Fresh Classic provides a great opportunity to just speedrun 1 to naxx clear and put a timer on it. Especially if they just release all content at once, that would be an awesome competition.

fresh would be fun, but tbc is really hitting right now

So it's likely we will get fresh Classic and this time around community will be like 2005 WoW. We all saw how retailers ruined Classic with min/max culture so raids were filled with 20 warriors and 10 mages. In addition they brought toxic addons like Weakaura and such that doesn't belong to Classic.
    This time around they will stay in TBC and hopefully possible fresh won't be toxic min/max.
    I can't wait for healthy community that doesn't cry when we wipe or yell "go go" and doesn't mind if BRD takes 4 hours to clear.
    As always in classic and retail: PLAY WITH A GUILD!

There are, according to forum posters, maaaaaaany people who want to take it slow. Band together. Make a guild. Go as slow as you want. If others play fast... what effect has it on you? Or... are you guys just not as many as you think?
    Also: I HIGHLY doubt the evuuul retailers are the reason for all the min/maxing. Every gamer changed in the last 20 years. It will be the exact same again. People like being ontop of the meters. And people dislike players who wipe on an encounter where all you have to do is take a step to the right...

3+ Year Old Account
    In my case and if it releases after TBC/WotLK, they would have to introduce massive changes and x2 or x3 rates in order to play it. I'm not interested in Classic Fresh again, I would be interested in Classic+ after we all defeat 25 Arthas HC.

This is fantasy levels of expectation, the reality is that people know more about the game now than ever and min-max culture will be even more prevalent on a fresh release. Most of the hardcore top players werent even retail players, they were private server players.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

LOL it was the private server cancer players that were the min max crowd with their world buff meta and speedruns.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    LOL it was the private server cancer players that were the min max crowd with their world buff meta and speedruns.
    private servers didn't have Weakaura addon and those were mandatory for AV honor farm early in Classic. Also my guild required Weakaura addon and install dozens of weak auras. These came from retail... same with Warcraft Logs that wasn't thing in unofficial servers.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Did you manage to get your hands on a time machine that goes to 2005?

The 2005 community is also severely overrated.
    Half of them were 12 year olds.

I'd love to know how making the Classic servers fresh will magically make the community better.

I'm looking forward to Fresh Classic again, but Blizz needs to step up their game and introduce seasonal servers that have certain themes. With the understanding that the server's life is only going to be 3-6 months, and then a new fresh season will start. They can add different class tuning, new mechanics or abilities, just go wild with it.