Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Love how there's been posts here with helfers STILL not being 100% happy with the changes. "Please give us entropic embrace glyph". And in the general forums there's still people asking for velf paladins.

It's amazing how helfers are never EVER saistified. Mark my words, if you blizz caves in and gives you paladins, which is as dumb as giving maghar orcs warlocks, and an entropic embrace glyph, the next demand will be to give velves their own heritage armor and mount. Until finally we'll have helfers demanding to just change the name of the race so they dont have to use add ons anymore.
    Sounds good to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say...

I'm satisfied with High elves being playable in the Alliance.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

"you are velves and NOT helves"

"the silver covenant is just a small alliance subgroup of npc's who should just have been npc's."

Favorite part I think. Sounds like they aren't "just npcs" anymore right? As for changing the name of the race? Sure why not, gives them a greater ragtag exile vibe to contrast with the unified blood elf identity. Good idea! The more nuance and customizable player identity the better if you ask me.

Such a thing could also expand to Wildhammer Dwarves and other 'subrace' customizations we have.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I have to say...

I'm satisfied with High elves being playable in the Alliance.

Can you make a paladin then? If not then explain why you can't.

Can you make any of these? Explain why you can't

Man, get out. You have pulled thoose same sentences on countless other people and nobody gives a damn.
    People are able to RP as real highelves now and who gives a damn about thoose paladins you keep yapping about or being purple for 10 sec every third minute in battle
    Heck, my rogues glow purple
    My hunters glow red
    My warrior turns grey
    My shammy green

Whatever

Shoo!
    Last edited by Rootsbum; 2021-09-05 at 10:45 PM.

Love how there's been posts here with helfers STILL not being 100% happy with the changes. "Please give us entropic embrace glyph". And in the general forums there's still people asking for velf paladins.

It's amazing how helfers are never EVER saistified. Mark my words, if you blizz caves in and gives you paladins, which is as dumb as giving maghar orcs warlocks, and an entropic embrace glyph, the next demand will be to give velves their own heritage armor and mount. Until finally we'll have helfers demanding to just change the name of the race so they dont have to use add ons anymore.

How does it feel to play a race with no real identity? You only have yourselves to blame. Could have had an awesome monstrous void race but now your stuck with a diluted that doesn't know what it really is.

Then again you got Alleria who identifies as a velf and she's as "pure" as you're gonna get so ultimately, you are velves and NOT helves, as per Alleria. Regardless, what a clown race that had so much potential then gets destroyed by an ungrateful player base who cant accept that high elves went on to be a core horde race and that the silver covenant is just a small alliance subgroup of npc's who should just have been npc's. Just like Horde kultirans or alliance goblins.
    Why not velf paladin? There's shadow priest lightforged draenei and velf holy priest.
    I don't see a reason for there not to be.

I don't care about the glyph though. I think they are still void elves and i like entropic embrace, but having the high elf look is cool and velf feels like an extension of the high elves. I also like to think the high elves/void elves came to telogrus rift to upgrade themselves and be more and explore a future for their people with the alliance.
    But, i don't have an obsession to deny others their customization options and i don't see why it's a problem.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-05 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ript4 View Post
    Can you make any of these? Explain why you can't

I'm not against further expansion of race and class combos wher it makes sense. Velves do not make sense. But sure...

Nelf Paladin: After the legion pally campaign they should and most likely will be a future combo.

Belf Druid: Honestly I think it's a cultural thing, thalassian elves aren't really into druidism but it wouldn't be so farfetched.

Undead Paladin: Cant be a paladin for the same reason velves cant. Paladins are imbued with light unlike priests who just channel the light. Undead and velf holyy priest wield teh light with immense willpower as it causes them pain. This has already been explained.

Sir zeleak is one of those few special cases, like Calia. If anything he'd prob a similar case to calia. They're not your average undead like player forsaken are.

Gnome Paladin: Will probably happen

Goblin Monk: The reason why cob and worgen couldn't be monks was because their intro was during cata era, in which monks were not widespread yet since teh events of mop hadn't occurred. That being said, with exile's reach those two races will probably be monks in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Why not velf paladin? There's shadow priest lightforged draenei and velf holy priest.
    I don't see a reason for there not to be.

I don't care about the glyph though. I think they are still void elves and i like entropic embrace, but having the high elf look is cool and velf feels like an extension of the high elves.
    But, i don't have an obsession to deny others their customization options and i don't see why it's a problem.
    void elves forming their own anti-paladin order of void knights (with a glyph or different aesthetics depending on customization?) would be pretty cool.

I'm not against further expansion of race and class combos wher it makes sense. Velves do not make sense. But sure...

Nelf Paladin: After the legion pally campaign they should and most likely will be a future combo.

Belf Druid: Honestly I think it's a cultural thing, thalassian elves aren't really into druidism but it wouldn't be so farfetched.

Undead Paladin: Cant be a paladin for the same reason velves cant. Paladins are imbued with light unlike priests who just channel the light. Undead and velf holyy priest wield teh light with immense willpower as it causes them pain. This has already been explained.

Sir zeleak is one of those few special cases, like Calia. If anything he'd prob a similar case to calia. They're not your average undead like player forsaken are.

Gnome Paladin: Will probably happen

Goblin Monk: The reason why cob and worgen couldn't be monks was because their intro was during cata era, in which monks were not widespread yet since teh events of mop hadn't occurred. That being said, with exile's reach those two races will probably be monks in the future.
    But all of these exist ingame already.Theres a bunch of goblin monks at the order hall for instance. Its the same with high elf paladins, they do exist, a few of them, they just aren't all that important or culturally defining, so are irrelevant to the high elf identity and doesn't need to be playable, none of them are even named barring a generic class trainer and Arator, and hes a stretch given hes only a paladin due to direct familial ties. Blood Elves are the far more light worshipping elves here, since the concept of paladins only became an entrenched thing in quel'thalas with the creation of the blood knights after WC3
    Last edited by Wired-Lain; 2021-09-05 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Man, get out. You have pulled thoose same sentences on countless other people and nobody gives a damn.
    People are able to RP as real highelves now and who gives a damn about thoose paladins you keep yapping about or being purple for 10 sec every third minute in battle
    Heck, my rogues glow purple
    My hunters glow red
    My warrior turns grey
    My shammy green

Whatever

Shoo!
    You can RP as a dragon in humanoid form. Doesn't mean its real lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until Warlords, Warrior class wasn't available for blood elves.

So blood elves weren't blood elves up until blood elf warriors were available?

Yeah. What's your arguing is stupid. And you know it.

- - - Updated - - -

You can RP as a dragon in humanoid form. Doesn't mean its real lmao.
    Which race has a dragon form ?
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

void elves forming their own anti-paladin order of void knights (with a glyph or different aesthetics depending on customization?) would be pretty cool.
    Except being a paladin is strictly begin devoted to the light not void. The void is not just light with a different pain coat. They have different abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Until Warlords, Warrior class wasn't available for blood elves.

So blood elves weren't blood elves up until blood elf warriors were available?

Yeah. What's your arguing is stupid. And you know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Which race has a dragon form ?
    Actually belves got warriors in cata not WoD...

You're missing the point. Velves cant be paladins because they're infused with void. So if you were actually a legit high elf then they'd have access to the paladin class. But since you're a VOID elf who just looks like a high elf... You know kinda like your racial leader..., then that means you're not actually a helf. Get it?

- - - Updated - - -

But all of these exist ingame already.Theres a bunch of goblin monks at the order hall for instance. Its the same with high elf paladins, they do exist, a few of them, they just aren't all that important or culturally defining, so are irrelevant to the high elf identity and doesn't need to be playable, none of them are even named barring a generic class trainer and Arator, and hes a stretch given hes only a paladin due to direct familial ties. Blood Elves are the far more light worshipping elves here, since the concept of paladins only became an entrenched thing in quel'thalas with the creation of the blood knights after WC3
    Quelthalas had paladins before WC 3.

I get you're logic, except that isnt the reason why a velf cant be a paladin. Not because of numbers. Its because it's physically impossible for them. Because if it was a numbers issue then humans wouldnt be locks.

Except being a paladin is strictly begin devoted to the light not void. The void is not just light with a different pain coat. They have different abilities.
    But then night elf paladins wouldn't work either, as 99.9% of them worship elune, not The Light. Zandalari prelates also worship their given loa (we have seen prelates of kimbul for instance), not strictly The Light. Tauren Sunwalkers worship the sun, not The Light.

Quelthalas had paladins before WC 3.
    Actually no. We only know of a single one who existed pre-wc3 and hes a blood elf now. Paladins weren't a thing for the elves before the blood knights. They were as niche and unusual as blood elf druids or tauren warlocks. Do they exist? A handful. Do they define the race? Not in the slightest. To the point where Metzen considered giving blood elves paladins a "break in the lore".

Should also remind you that the mods already warned people against the paladin argument in here. Given its pretty obvious baiting.
    Last edited by Wired-Lain; 2021-09-05 at 11:03 PM.

But then night elf paladins wouldn't work either, as 99.9% of them worship elune, not The Light. Zandalari prelates also worship their given loa (we have seen prelates of kimbul for instance), not strictly The Light. Tauren Sunwalkers worship the sun, not The Light.

Actually no. We only know of a single one who existed pre-wc3 and hes a blood elf now. Paladins weren't a thing for the elves before the blood knights. They were as niche and unusual as blood elf druids or tauren warlocks. Do they exist? A handful. Do they define the race? Not in the slightest. To the point where Metzen considered giving blood elves paladins a "break in the lore".

Should also remind you that the mods already warned people against the paladin argument in here. Given its pretty obvious baiting.
    They worship the light of elune my dude.... All those variations are different flavors of paladins just like how there's different flavors of druids. Having void paladins would be an entire different meal not flavor.

Again if havign a few numbers was a problem then humans wouldnt be locks and tauren wouldn't be paladins or priests. It just takes one individual for it to spread. But when it comes to velf you'll never have a paladin since its physically impossible.

Why do you think velves had all the same classes as belves minus DH,DK,and paladin when they released.

The answer is that DH and DKs are chronologically sensitive, until SL when the DK's got a new scenario, and because a being of the void cannot imbue themselves with light.

- - - Updated - - -

Im talking about paladin since it's a main reason as to why a velf is not a helf which someone stated earlier that they are, which is fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    As it was said, paladin wasnt and still isn't a high elf thing.

Only 1 high elf paladin existed. There was no paladin order among the high elven leadership.

Are you ignoring the lore?

Are you ignoring the fact that Blizzard gives to us high elf options for a voidy race?

As it was said, paladin wasnt and still isn't a high elf thing.

Only 1 high elf paladin existed. There was no paladin order among the high elven leadership.

Are you ignoring the lore?

Are you ignoring the fact that Blizzard gives to us high elf options for a voidy race?
    You're really think there's only one named Helf paladin in the lore and not more faceless ones? How small is azeroth really? There was only one tauren paladin untill there wasnt. So yes, paladins are for sure a high elf thing.

No im not ignoring what blizz gave you, Im just stating that its a mistake. Regardless, you're as much a high elf as alleria who is the quintessential velf. You're not like vareessa, who's the quintessential helf, sicne if you were then your race would have access to the paladin class. But because your essentially a diluted void abomination with no real identity, you cant be.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-05 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're really think there's only one named Helf paladin in the lore and not more faceless ones?
    The lore is the lore. Stop saying otherwise because it doesn't suit you.

So yes, paladins are for sure a high elf thing.
    No.

No im not ignoring what blizz gave you, Im just stating that its a mistake.
    So it's your personal opinion and nothing more.

Regardless, you're as much a high elf as alleria who is the quintessential velf. You're not like vareessa, who's the quintessential helf, sicne if you were then your race would have access to the paladin class. But because your essentially a diluted void abomination with no real identity, you cant be.
    Hahahaha nice joke. Didn't you see those beautiful high elves hanging around Stormwind?

Tell me: why are blood elf demon hunters still considered as Blood elves since they can transform into various demonic forms?

The lore is the lore. Stop saying otherwise because it doesn't suit you.

No.

So it's your personal opinion and nothing more.

Hahahaha nice joke. Didn't you see those beautiful high elves hanging around Stormwind?

Tell me: why are blood elf demon hunters still considered as Blood elves since they can transform into various demonic forms?
    Because DH is not a race.... The only way you can look like a DH is to be a DH. You cant look like a DH and then be a mage. Its all locked behind a class. Void elf is not a class. Flawed logic is flawed.

Now as for helf paladins, just go to the helf page on wowpedia if you're so stubborn to accept that paladins are as much as part of high elf culture despite is rarity, just like human locks.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_elf

So, no those aren't "BEaUTifUl HIgh ElVes iN SToRmWInD" Their pale skinned velves like their fearless leader Alleria. Last time I checked a regular elf like Vareesa cant turn into a void beast in combat.
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-05 at 11:55 PM.

You're really think there's only one named Helf paladin in the lore and not more faceless ones? How small is azeroth really? There was only one tauren paladin untill there wasnt. So yes, paladins are for sure a high elf thing.

No im not ignoring what blizz gave you, Im just stating that its a mistake. Regardless, you're as much a high elf as alleria who is the quintessential velf. You're not like vareessa, who's the quintessential helf, sicne if you were then your race would have access to the paladin class. But because your essentially a diluted void abomination with no real identity, you cant be.
    the first and only paladin high elf before wc3 is mehlar dawnblade. but now there must be more paladins who trained after WC3 there is a paladin night elf from legion! if I remember correctly there are one or two npcs SC paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the first and only paladin high elf before wc3 is mehlar dawnblade. but now there must be more paladins who trained after WC3 there is a paladin night elf from legion! if I remember correctly there are one or two npcs SC paladin
    Exactly, so its insane to claim that paladins wouldnt be part of an actual high elf race. And then they say that im high, no pun intended, on copium.