Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Did you ever consider that your "friends" actually wanted to run with better players? Is it possible they hid behind "your spec isnt meta" to save your feelings?

What you are saying is possibly correct, but too many times i have seen and heard people blaming their poor performance and difficulty finding groups on their spec, only to see other people playing the same spec perform far higher, and have no issues obtaining groups. Too many times i have seen multi page forum threads complaining about a certain spec being "nonviable" and impossible to find a raid spot, only to have world first raiders use them on first kills.
    Yeah, no. That's not it. But thanks a lot for making that suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yeah, no. That's not it. But thanks a lot for making that suggestion.
    So no one has managed to complete any content higher than you on the same spec?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They did, its called unholy dk, frost dk, blood dk, frost mage, affliction warlock.
    And it was so successful at satisfying all the fans desires for a Necromancer class lolol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So no one has managed to complete any content higher than you on the same spec?
    Well, if you want to go full on bananas, then okay:

No, I'm the best that ever was, and nobody else could have ever been better than I, and nobody did harder content and lived to tell the tale.

We are off-topic anyway, so I'm dropping it and going to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Well, if you want to go full on bananas, then okay:

No, I'm the best that ever was, and nobody else could have ever been better than I, and nobody did harder content and lived to tell the tale.

We are off-topic anyway, so I'm dropping it and going to sleep.
    I dont think its "bananas" to say that if you have not reached or come close to a specs full potential, its not entirely fair to blame the spec on your inability to obtain a spot in a group.

I see some examples of extremely high performing individuals, who have extensive evidence of their ability to complete said content on said spec, and then suddenly between tiers they are unable to perform at the same level, and their drop in performance is so substantial that their guildmates and friends say "sorry bob, you cant bring you X to this content, their performance just isnt up to standard". It happens, but i firmly believe that is a tiny minority of players, at the pointed tip of content progression.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-09-06 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Arthas, Chen and dead-since-TBC Illidan were not exactly present in the lore until the classes got added to their respective expansions. DKs were purely Scourge aligned, and people didn't expect em to be playable on Alliance and Horde. Pandaren were a total gag race, and Monks were not in the lore at all. Illidari were practically all killed in lore by us players at the Black Temple, and they had to be retconned back in by having the player characters off-world and come back to be suspended in animation till Legion.

Both Mekkatorque and now Gazlowe are currently racial leaders, and no class represents either character.
    There is no class representation for them because they're the only ones who do that. Illidan created more DHs, Arthas helped create more Death knights, Chen ( MoP ) Created more monks.

Is that to say Mekk and Gaz can't create more tinkers? No. But if we've learned anything from gnomes or goblins, only the "leaders" get to be at the top of the food chain. They would never allow everyone else, to be equals in regards to them. Tinkers are the pinnacle of intelligence and the engineering skill trade, which is why they're so few. And why it will never be a class in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    List of „commonly stated as good“ xpacs:

Legion
    MoP
    WotlK
    TBC

List of „commonly stated as bad“ xpacs:

SL
    BfA
    WoD
    Cata

Now lets list all xpacs, that featured a new class:

Legion (DH)
    MoP (Monk)
    WotlK (DK)
    TBC (Paladin/Shaman Faction additions)

And also lets list all xpacs, that not contained a new class:

SL
    BfA
    WoD
    Cata

And factually we have some pattern here. So, seems above mentioned poster is totally right. Funny!
    ... By that logic, the Cataclysm expansion also "added a new class" because it, just like TBC, allowed more races to pick certain classes (humans could be hunters, gnomes could be priests, trolls could be druids, night elves could be mages, etc).

Which throws your little 'pattern' off whack.

It curious that Blizzard wanted to try to be creative with Covenants, but did not try a Necromancer class.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really . Cataclysm was fun af. its just toxic wrath newcomers who were crying . it was fun 100% . WOD was going to be the best expansion but blizzard cut almost 60% of the plans , and made the team work on the gay Overwatch . MOP has a class and it was rubbish , almost half playerbase from catacylsm quitted . so i dont know what are you talking about . the way you measure the expansion is bad

Quote Originally Posted by regardoz View Post
    MOP has a class and it was rubbish , almost half playerbase from catacylsm quitted . so i dont know what are you talking about . the way you measure the expansion is bad
    PVP balance and gearing for it was fun but very punishing for the average players.
    Challenge Modes, just as proving ground or the mage tower were never liked by the average players at its time.

Basicly everything that made MoP appealing for the regular players looking for a mild challange, made casual gamers dislike the game.

Its the same with class balance as soon as you have close to ideal class balance and people cant just REROLL for some OP new class, the game is seen as "boring" or even "in a bad state".

You have to read WoW criticism from the PoV of the gamers it comes from.

A new class would very fast backfire, even if its 100% balanced, with challenging mechanics, because thats not what most people want. They want a broken new simple class that casuses issues in PVP and PVE balance and ideally for a whole expansion just as it was with DK / WotLK or DH / Legion and way into BfA.
    -

I don't even think a new class needs all new mechanics, so I'm all for a new class. I think the visuals are just as important if not more. Take Chaos bolt and Pyroblast for example, at several points in the game they've pretty much been the same spell, but I always enjoyed the Chaos bolt animation, and I know others prefer the pyro one.

Just making up a random example here, but lets say they added dark caster, and it was a mix between warlock spells and mage spells, but with brand new spell animations that look high impact, I think a lot of people would like it, not everyone of course, but enough to make it worthwhile.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The core focus of the Unholy spec is the DK dealing DoT damage.
    You obviously don't play unholy dk
    I 3d print stuff

TBC wasn't crap and neither was Cataclysm. WoD, BfA and Shadowlands are though. I do not think it's a surprise that the expansions without new classes (minus TBC) are considered to be the low point of WoW, there is truth to it. But overall I think not having a new class works when the rest of the expansion is exceptionally good, which wasn't the case for WoD (lack of content), BfA (horrible gameplay loop, subpar writing) and Shadowlands (horrible gameplay loop, abysmal writing).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    There is no class representation for them because they're the only ones who do that. Illidan created more DHs, Arthas helped create more Death knights, Chen ( MoP ) Created more monks.

Is that to say Mekk and Gaz can't create more tinkers? No. But if we've learned anything from gnomes or goblins, only the "leaders" get to be at the top of the food chain. They would never allow everyone else, to be equals in regards to them. Tinkers are the pinnacle of intelligence and the engineering skill trade, which is why they're so few. And why it will never be a class in wow.
    Theres so few of Demon Hunters and Monks in the world that surely they wouldn't be playable either then?

I mean what really constitutes as so few that they're not playable if we had em as neutral tavern heroes in WC3? Does rarity really matter then?

Void Elves are exceedingly rare too if you get down to the nitty gritty.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And it was so successful at satisfying all the fans desires for a Necromancer class lolol
    Players dont know what they want. Key factor, demon hunters ruined demonolgy.
    if they add necro they will need to ruin all those specs like they did demo.

Cata was better than mop.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Players dont know what they want. Key factor, demon hunters ruined demonolgy.
    if they add necro they will need to ruin all those specs like they did demo.
    I mean you could say players don't know what they want but that is also an excuse to imply that Blizzard not doing anything is a better alternative, and where does that get us exactly? No new classes period. Because players don't know what new class they actually want.

All you're outlining is a broadly applicable excuse that applies to any new feature to the game.

If you think all those specs would be ruined by adding a Necro, and you don't want it to happen, then you're also a player who doesn't know what players want. Simple logic, no? If those specs aren't affected in one way, eventually they will be affected in another. I mean at the end of the say, only the most effective specs of each class are ever considered legitimate. Why did Demo suffer so badly from being gutted? Because the replacement underperformed against other specs where Metamorphosis Demo was top tier prior to being removed. Its really that simple.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-06 at 10:53 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    PVP balance and gearing for it was fun but very punishing for the average players.
    Challenge Modes, just as proving ground or the mage tower were never liked by the average players at its time.

Basicly everything that made MoP appealing for the regular players looking for a mild challange, made casual gamers dislike the game.

Its the same with class balance as soon as you have close to ideal class balance and people cant just REROLL for some OP new class, the game is seen as "boring" or even "in a bad state".

You have to read WoW criticism from the PoV of the gamers it comes from.

A new class would very fast backfire, even if its 100% balanced, with challenging mechanics, because thats not what most people want. They want a broken new simple class that casuses issues in PVP and PVE balance and ideally for a whole expansion just as it was with DK / WotLK or DH / Legion and way into BfA.

100% true . evey expansion DK / WotLK or DH / Legion also you forgot MOP MONK caused unbalance and shit.

however , lets hope shadowlands fix pvp grinding issue , takes 1000 years to do it

10+ Year Old Account
    The day they add Tinker is the day wow dies. Please dont.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The day they add Tinker is the day wow dies. Please dont.
    As much as I dislike tinklers and their fans, I don't see the game dying by adding a jank class. That honor belongs to Blizzard underdelivering and trying to fool their audience.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.