Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    im sorry, did i miss anything? surely there must be something, its not like forum people to overreact over virtualy nothing...

bcs as far as i know there is no new shop transmog already on shop, or anounced, or datamined... there is single image datamined, suggesting that the transmog is part of a bundle, on its own it might not even be sold, it might be "reward" for virtual blizzcon ticket (or whatever will be)...
    it might actualy not even make it into the game for years, or not at all...

and if it makes its way onto the shop... just dont buy it if you dont want it? its not like it would be ingame if it was meant for shop, it just WOULDNT EXIST...

you are basicale getting "pre-angered" bcs at some point in the future, someone else MIGHT get something they want, but you dont want them to have it...
    shop is not geting anywhere, so get over it, you had DECADE to get over shop with cosmetic items, and personaly, as long as its cosmetic i dont give a fuck...

Blizzard has lost the benefit of the doubt long ago

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Blizzard has lost the benefit of the doubt long ago
    Truth spoken, too many times not listening to players in beta, telling players "you think you do but you don't", ignoring quality of gameplay while putting more in cash shop, and gutting the immersive and fun rpg aspects of the game has led to players no longer feeling the hype or trust for the future of the game.

It's rather despairing to see so many people defend a practice that undermines the integrity of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    It's rather despairing to see so many people defend a practice that undermines the integrity of the game.
    How does it?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    How does it?
    it requires a understanding of cause and effect. A lot of the boosting is fueled by the wow token. It is pretty much solely responsible for how prevalent the problem has become. That and blizzards laughable attempts to combat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    it requires a understanding of cause and effect. A lot of the boosting is fueled by the wow token. It is pretty much solely responsible for how prevalent the problem has become. That and blizzards laughable attempts to combat it.
    The boosting is only there because there's a demand for it
    The demand comes from people who
    1. Want to do the dungeon/raid, want the loot from the dungeon raid but was refused
    2. People who have more money than sense
    3. People who realize they can make gold by boosting

This is part blizzard putting pretty stuff behind hard things that vanish after a few months and giving an easy way for people with more money then will to put in the effort to get gold and part a community who wants easy smooth runs and realized there is a market for the bads to run them through stuff to pay for their own subscription.

I want it as an option so I'm ok with it. Hell, i still think if they are not going to do bad luck protection/badges for old previous expac mounts you should be able to buy them.. who cares farm your .1% or drop 25.00 USD on some old mount that RNG hates you on.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    people were buying boosts before WoW token though.

how is Blizzard responsible for the player created problem?

#TeamFuckEverything

The idea that boosting is somehow a problem is hillarious. The only "downside" is that players can get a form of "ingame recognition" without having put the effort of getting there that is normally required, in the form of a mount, weekly chest or an achievement. That is why someone else has to put in the effort for them; it doesn't fall out of a virtual recess in WoW. The spam has clearly become ridiculous, but spam in itself is against the rules in the first place and that is what Blizzard needs to prevent from happening. The latest changes I've read about seem to be working towards this and that's great.

I've been part of a group that's been boosting M+ since Legion's very first week of M+ and that is all we've ever boosted. We've put a halt to it now that the majority of us no longer actively play, but there's absolutely no downside to it because one player gives gold to a group of players who exchange their time and skills in return. Think of it as an "auction house of services" instead of the one meant for various items that we've got at the moment.

Someone wants to be boosted and some group wants to provide boosts. This boogeyman vibe created around boosting, where it is being blamed for a lot of things that have very different and chronic origins, keeps being brought up.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-09-06 at 01:11 AM.

This constant whinging about "somebody else has something I don't so I must throw a fit" is getting so old. If you want what they have, go get it. Don't complain about it. Go out there and get it.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Someone wants to be boosted and some group wants to provide boosts. This boogeyman vibe created around boosting, where it is being blamed for a lot of things that have very different and chronic origins, keeps being brought up.
    The problem with boosting is that, in a convoluted way, its pay-to-win. Blizzard sanctioned the gold trade with WoW token, allowing boosts to become way more prevalent as a means of character progression. I'm not arguing that boosting for bought gold didn't happen before the WoW token (it did); Blizzards actions and stance on gold buying/selling definitely had an impact on the game by allowing the more pay-to-win aspect of it become more acceptable.

Is WoW a virtual world or virtual cash shop? These lines can be blurred in any MMO that pushes microtransactions over immersion, which is an unfortunate reality of WoWs current state. Every expansion and every patch where numbers go down, services provided go up; the very reason why year after year, player numbers are down, but revenues remain constant. Blizzard never screws their stockholders over, perhaps we're all playing the wrong game and should be playing World of Stockcraft instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Blizzard will not turn WoW F2P. They learned long ago that they can stick their fingers into both pies. They figured out that you can charge people a $60 box price expansion every 2 years AND $15 a month AND sell them $25 race changes AND sell them a $25 mount once every 3 months. Also, as a matter of pride, Blizzard doesn't want to admit that their game is dying. When the game's population began to decline, they refused to merge servers, as that would be an admission of defeat. They instead let servers to continue to depopulate and forced people to pay $25 to transfer off of their dying servers. When subs plummeted after a brief surge with WoD's launch, Blizzard tried to obfuscate the true status of the game by no longer publishing subscriber counts. To go F2P would be to admit that they are scrapping the bottom of the barrel and would greatly damage Blizzard's prestige.
    If the decline continues and a new expansion doesn't bring enough of an upswing (or at least a sustained one)... they certainly could go F2P. They'll just build in a shit-ton of purchased upgrades. Bag space? Shorter Hearthstone? Faster mount? Larger quest capacity? Faster rep gains? List goes on. And yes, expansions can still come in at $50 for the box even if the monthly cost is done away with.

Let's be honest, Blizzard has nothing left to prove with WoW. It was a smash hit that commanded a high subscriber count for a long, long while. If they feel F2P will bring players back to the game, and they can nickel and dime them on account upgrades in the process... they'll do it. Better that than crashing and burning into death while trying to hold on to that $15 a month.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard sold the token, EVERYTHING after that is on the players. Your pay to win scenario goes back as far as Zul Aman and perhaps back to Molten Core and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Blizzard sold the token, EVERYTHING after that is on the players. Your pay to win scenario goes back as far as Zul Aman and perhaps back to Molten Core and beyond.
    That's a complete copout of the situation and a massive downplay of Blizzard's role in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    people were buying boosts before WoW token though.

how is Blizzard responsible for the player created problem?
    They made it multitudes worse by selling power via gold. It wouldnt be a fraction of the size if that didnt exist

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    There was protest against transmogs in cash shop back in Cata, when Blizzard tried to implement cash shop "hats". And back in that times players opinion was valueable enough to abandon this idea. But not now. Game loses players and devs try to keep the same level of profit via microtransactions. Problem is - we still have B2P and P2P things in this game. What modern players (and not players too) don't understand about payment methods - is that they're usually trade off and mutually exclusive. I.e. how F2P games work? Game itself is free, but it's bad without microtransactions. It's good compromise for players, who are ready to play bad game for free. Or that program user is ready to use it for free, but watch ads instead, that involves collecting his "preferences", i.e. personal data. But currently all companies start to mix payment methods. We can see microtransactions in paid games and telemetry/ads in paid programs. And it's nonsense, caused by simple fact, that customers are stupid to allow companies to do this, instead of rejecting such products, forcing companies to fix them.

My favorite part about the cash shop was how myself and many others warned of the dangers of allowing such a thing to exist and were mocked for it at the time.
    People really enjoyed screaming "SLIPPERY SLOPE FALLACY" at us, but uh... here we are in a world where you can literally spend real life money in order to get carried through the hardest content in the game, all of which is officially sanctioned by Blizzard

People are okay with it because we have no choice.
    Same reason people are okay with the multi-level taxation that happens in the united states.
    You can ACT like you aren't okay with it, but there is not a thing you can do about it, so best to adjust your perspective.

Blizzard wants to earn more money, and people are obviously willing to spend more money on select things.
    As long as those things do not interfere with gameplay in a notable way, they are fine to be sold.
    As customers, we have the option to not purchase these if we choose, as they are only cosmetic.

We also have the option to use wow gold to buy them now too.

However, if they ever sell gear or something else that directly increases your power in an non-optional fashion, then its time to talk.

Until then, enjoy the fact that you get so many free mounts anymore from the 6 month sub.
    Seems like at least one a year, if not two any more, all for free with a sub that already saves you money.
    That hasn't gone up in 16 years (at least in the USA.)
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    People are okay with it because we have no choice.
    Stop playing - there is your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    The dealer just sold the crack, whatever happens after that is out of his control

10+ Year Old Account
    Again... its a PLAYER DRIVEN PROBLEM.

What's the solution to the PLAYER DRIVEN PROBLEM??

#TeamFuckEverything