The 3 reasons the anti-Warcraft meme is comedic.

1. First of all: it's not even a ff14 meme; it's objectively a World of Warcraft meme because it clearly comes from streamers that almost exclusively based their career on world of wacraft and their viewers are world of warcraft players or ex world of warcraft players.

2. Secondly: ff14 is not even anything new or emerging; it's a very old game that the streamers had no clue it existed so they have the delusion that it is fresh; on top of it: literally nobody outside the mmo sphere knows it even exists and it was never in the top10.

3. And most impressively of all: the memesters have the delusion that ff14 is "friendly" and "welcoming" compared to wow; did those people ask anyone that does end game in that game: because it is clear that end game ff14 players report blatant toxicity.

What even is the meme?
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-09-06 at 06:06 AM.

the word meme really is the "ironic" of the online generation
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    literally nobody outside the mmo sphere knows it even exists and it was never in the top10.
    Everything else you said was correct (especially the misnomer that FF14's community is "more friendly" than WoW's) but this one isn't. FFXIV has been regarded as one of the best RPGs out for the past few years (not a high bar to pass considering the abysmal state of the genre, but it is what it is).

I'll get infracted for this but i swear to god this guy has a mental condition.

Garbage after garbage...

epigramx is back at spaming useless thread

People are just angry blizzard isn't producing content at a steady rate and wasting their time with shitty systems.

If they make wow good again the ff14 praise will lessen. That or endwalker will drive a brutal blow home to wow. Whatever happens first.

I don't know how anyone who isn't an anime fan/weeb can enjoy ff14 but ok.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Weird reasoning but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    People are just angry blizzard isn't producing content at a steady rate and wasting their time with shitty systems.

If they make wow good again the ff14 praise will lessen. That or endwalker will drive a brutal blow home to wow. Whatever happens first.
    Endwalker won't kill WoW. The only thing that can kill WoW is Blizzard itself. Blizzard will probably kill WoW due to their inability to put out meaty content patches in a timely manner, as the Endwalker patches start coming out every 3.5 months and Blizzard will still have no content to show for it and the systems will still be shit.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Me neither, it's appalling. I know a few folks who went from WoW to FF and they are indeed anime fans in the first place. Yet others I know who are still unhappy with WoW are not playing it, but last thing they would do is go to FF.

The "influencers" in any industry have price lists, of course they do in gaming too. Apparently the marketing department of Square Enix allocated the budget for those influencers to market the game for them, which resulted in big stock market gains. They wouldn't have that influence were it not for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    the word meme really is the "ironic" of the online generation
    Much like "literally" the definitions will be expanded to include incorrect usage.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    They wouldn't have that influence were it not for WoW.
    Outside of the fact that the game was growing immensely despite being in a lull between expansions before any big WoW player jumped over. But don't let that stop your cope posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest meme was the friends we made along the way.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Weird reasoning but ok.
    How is it weird? FF14 aesthetics are very jprg/anime-ish. It's definitely not for everyone.

But I see how this might be hard for you to understand seeing your avatar...

10+ Year Old Account
    Game vs. game threads are never constructive so we don’t allow ‘em. Neither are discussions about memes half of whom have no idea what it is to be discussed.

Closed.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-09-06 at 07:15 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."