Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Again... its a PLAYER DRIVEN PROBLEM.

What's the solution to the PLAYER DRIVEN PROBLEM??
    Remove the massive easy influx of gold from the token and allow things to level off?

WoD was an anomaly your average player isn't able to generate the gold needed for even a mythic 15 carry in a month of play time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    Remove the massive easy influx of gold from the token and allow things to level off?

WoD was an anomaly your average player isn't able to generate the gold needed for even a mythic 15 carry in a month of play time.
    cutting that off creates a vacuum, which is turn filled with Gold Sellers.

To use your previous analogy, you kill one crack dealer that's selling for $X per unit, two more come in that are A LOT pushier that sell at $X + 15%

And it still doesn't solve the player driven problem.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    My favorite part about the cash shop was how myself and many others warned of the dangers of allowing such a thing to exist and were mocked for it at the time.
    People really enjoyed screaming "SLIPPERY SLOPE FALLACY" at us, but uh... here we are in a world where you can literally spend real life money in order to get carried through the hardest content in the game, all of which is officially sanctioned by Blizzard
    and you shall be mocked for it now aswell, the "slippery slope" turned out to be false as fuck, shop had cosmetics only decade ago, and it have cosmetics only now...

as for spending real money in order to get carried... i know its easier to put fingers in your ears and ignore the reality, but ill say it again anyway- YOU COULD BUY BOOST SINCE VANILA FFS, shop didnt change a thing about that, except making it safer as people didnt have to risk dealing with scammer

To use your previous analogy, you kill one crack dealer that's selling for $X per unit, two more come in that are A LOT pushier that sell at $X + 15%

Except buying from new dealer would lead to a ban.

so they wont buy it from blizz but from random dude on internet as they did for OVER DECADE BEFORE TOKEN
    jeezus do you understand the very basics of economy? if there is demand there will be supply, if "official" supply is removed, other venues will appear...
    its same economic principle as with drugs, no "legal" source doesnt mean less demand, actualy in case of drugs it means MORE demand, and it might quite possibly too with gold...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Demand was there in vanilla. And BC, and Wrath, and so on.

Demand was there in Vanilla 2: Electric Boogaloo (Classic), and in TBC2

Ain't nothing changed. The "I WANT MY STUFF AND I WANT IT NOW" mentality is never going to go anywhere.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    except blizzard NEVER gave a fuck about gold/item/boost selling done by "normal" players, only cared about shady scammers...

but lets say they would all of a sudden care about that, and lets say they would find SOME way to track all the transactions happening ingame which are selling gold or other services (good luck with that with literaly bilions moving around daily), gold sellers would find a way to deal with it that couldnt be traced so easily...

It is far easier to ban massive movements of gold then it is groups of players buying a supported service. There is a reason why boosting didnt explode until the token. You had to take a risk most people were/are unwilling to take to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so they wont buy it from blizz but from random dude on internet as they did for OVER DECADE BEFORE TOKEN
    jeezus do you understand the very basics of economy? if there is demand there will be supply, if "official" supply is removed, other venues will appear...
    its same economic principle as with drugs, no "legal" source doesnt mean less demand, actualy in case of drugs it means MORE demand, and it might quite possibly too with gold...
    I don't really work under the concept of if you don't solve a problem 100% it isn't worth making it better. Pretending the same volume would happen is disingenuous at best.

There wasn't a ton of people buying gold before the token. Yes it existed but pretending its comparable to now is absurd.

Demand was there in vanilla. And BC, and Wrath, and so on.

Demand was there in Vanilla 2: Electric Boogaloo (Classic), and in TBC2

Ain't nothing changed. The "I WANT MY STUFF AND I WANT IT NOW" mentality is never going to go anywhere.
    It doesn't work like that.

I've sold carries for over a decade now even in games outside of wow.

You could argue now since the token more players might be tempted to buy gold illegally but I am not exaggerating in saying that only 1 in a 100 token buyers would be likely to. The token is what drives the carry market not the other way around.

There wasn't a ton of people buying gold before the token. Yes it existed but pretending its comparable to now is absurd.
    Curious, how do you know? I would say there was a ton of it... More now? Sure, but it wasn't a rare thing back then. I don't really have anything to back it up with, hence I'm curious if you do.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

While i do understand that people hate the WoW token because its a "pay to win" model. When i had all the time in the world and a 9/5 job i would not care about it also.

4 years ago i switched jobs and i work between 12 - 16 hours a day.

I did like the game but in order te keep up with raiding it was really hard for me to just grind my way to it as i was doing so many hours. So i made my calculations and well a token was allot cheaper then putting my time in boring endless herbing/mining farming.

While i make 40k gold/h being bored flying or walking around grinding plants and stones. I can do 1 hour of overtime at my job and buy 2 tokens and make 400k.

While some playerd have 10 hours a day to spend in game i had maybe 1 or 2 and i dont want my 2 hours of relaxation or fun become a boring chore or work while i already had worked for lets say 12 hours.

So for me the token went from this is a pay to win to now i can save myself allot of time and i make 10x more for the same hours of work.

The store with mounts and cosmetics is also abit double but on the other hand you dont need a mount or fancy transmog to defeat a boss.

While i am a transmog/mount/pet collector. For me the best transmog in game is tier 2 blackwing lair or the dungeon sets from the old days and no fancy particles will ever compare to those sets.

I don't really work under the concept of if you don't solve a problem 100% it isn't worth making it better. Pretending the same volume would happen is disingenuous at best.

sure, but if you solve 10% (and im being generous) of problem and create NEW PROBLEM (gametime/game/items already on shop/other blizz games/services are now available for gold, remove token and they no longer are) its pointless solution...
    would be the same amount? hard to tell, could be less, could be actualy more, but i doubt the difference would be too big

my friend was paying his rent from money he was making via boosting/gold selling in tbc/wrath, there was always CRAPLOADS of people interesting in buying gold/items/boosts, just bcs you were blind to it doesnt mean they didnt exist...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-09-06 at 08:19 AM.

would be the same amount? hard to tell, could be less, could be actualy more, but the difference wouldnt be too high

my friend was paying his rent from money he was making via boosting/gold selling in tbc/wrath, there was always CRAPLOADS of people interesting in buying gold/items/boosts, just bcs you were blind to it doesnt mean they didnt exist...
    Because most of the complaining isn't about that it's happening

It's that they see it

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Because most of the complaining isn't about that it's happening

It's that they see it
    indeed, ignorance is a bliss
    now that blizz is puting some filters up (bcs addon or whatnot are too high IQ to use for some people) it will seem like its less boosting again so they may rest again in piece, hopefuly
    bcs its getting kinda annoying people complaining about it as if it wasnt part of the game since almost the begining... thinking about it, most of those complaining are probably in wow shorter than boosting/gold selling

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    aye thats true, i just meant that FF14 have more stuff to choose betwen and they generally not that expensive (anything from 3-15€ for a set) ^^
    which, ironicaly, is more of a "predatory practice", yet somehow wow stil gets the blame and ff is fine
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-09-06 at 08:25 AM.

now that blizz is puting some filters up (bcs addon or whatnot are too high IQ to use for some people) it will seem like its less boosting again so they may rest again in piece, hopefuly
    bcs its getting kinda annoying people complaining about it as if it wasnt part of the game since almost the begining... thinking about it, most of those complaining are probably in wow shorter than boosting/gold selling
    It never was part of the game, before the wow token. Yes, people bought gold. Yes, people used bots and other services to gain an advantage in game. But what do these people that actually provide this service tell about Blizzard? Blizzard dont do jack shit about it, never have never will. They say its so easy to keep going month after month using bots without Blizzard doing anything about it. Instead of Blizzard actually trying to fix the issue, they just implemented the wow token and called it a day. Even so, with the token - the problems with bots & Boosting has just increased. Its not solved at all, its just gotten way worse. The only thing they bother doing is banning in waves 1 or 2 times a year. Big woop.

BTW - if buying gold was part of the game from the beginning, prices for everything would have been much higher 10+ years ago. Before the wow token, Blizzard made the game around people earing the gold in-game instead of buying it for real money. Since buying gold was illegal, they couldnt calculate in that people would spend money on it. It wasnt part of the game Blizzard pushed out, it was a problem within the game.

But now we have the token. So now Blizzard knows its perfectly fine to put mounts, items++ in the game with insane prices. Cause now you can just sell a token to get gold. So theres no excuse to not have gold, just suck up the money and get it.

Theres lots of examples in the game were prices are stupidly high for no apparent reason except for the fact that wow token is in the game. Imagine how many people that have been tempted and bought that shit to obtain a mounts & items. Since Blizzard dont give two shits about bots either, farming & doing proffessions is just horrible. Thats a win for Blizzard, cause then people dont bother to actually play the game, but just pay for a token.

Whats even worse - Blizzard can do just fine with alot less people playing, and actually make worse content cause they just rake in the big bucks from token. Why create excellent content that keeps people subbed when you can do bare minimum?

This hurts everyone at every level in the game and I cant believe people actually defend that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I want it as an option so I'm ok with it. Hell, i still think if they are not going to do bad luck protection/badges for old previous expac mounts you should be able to buy them.. who cares farm your .1% or drop 25.00 USD on some old mount that RNG hates you on.
    Hello Mr whale thanks for ruining the game for the rest of us

- - - Updated - - -

which, ironicaly, is more of a "predatory practice", yet somehow wow stil gets the blame and ff is fine
    Yeah, I was really amazed at how many items there were in the FFXIV shop. Yes, they are all "cheap", but the amount is what makes money. The more cosmetics there are, the more collectors will spend - and the more people will spend in general, because there would be something for any taste. And this also in a game with a subscription model. Sorry, WoW shop is not nearly as bad as FFXIV shop is.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Sorry, WoW shop is not nearly as bad as FFXIV shop is.
    Obviously, but haven't you gotten the memo? Since their streaming gods started playing FFIV this is a bash-wow-for-everything and praise-ffiv-no-matter-the-hypocrisy forum.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Yeah, I was really amazed at how many items there were in the FFXIV shop. Yes, they are all "cheap", but the amount is what makes money. The more cosmetics there are, the more collectors will spend - and the more people will spend in general, because there would be something for any taste. And this also in a game with a subscription model. Sorry, WoW shop is not nearly as bad as FFXIV shop is.
    yep, i love how some people compare wow to "Greedy mobile phone game" yet, FFXIV shop is EXACTLY as mobile phone gets money - crapload of CHEAP items, bcs people will go "eh its just few euro/dollars" and before they know it they spent hundreds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Obviously, but haven't you gotten the memo? Since their streaming gods started playing FFIV this is a bash-wow-for-everything and praise-ffiv-no-matter-the-hypocrisy forum.
    yeah, this forum have new rules:
    1. wow always bad, ff always good
    2. blame everything on token, even things that happened decade before it
    3. blizzard is bad company bcs they want MONEY, unlike other gaming companies who do it all for free just to see us smile...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Since when are cosmetics a problem? No stats or bonus gold / exp % on those pieces so, why you struggle?
    Cosmetics are purely optional and especially in wow there is a 10 to 0.25 ratio when It comes to farmable tmog gear and cash shop outfits
    love WoWarcraft