Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the nation is tearing itself apart. people say im dumb for saying that, then i turn around and watch the very same people who mock me for saying it turn into the biggest supporters and agitators of tearing the nation apart in threads like this.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    the nation is tearing itself apart. people say im dumb for saying that, then i turn around and watch the very same people who mock me for saying it turn into the biggest supporters and agitators of tearing the nation apart in threads like this.
    “Meet us in the middle!” cries group jumping off cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The fuck are you talking about?
    Probably that civil war that he's been predicting, which I'm guessing will happen the same day that Trump gets reinstated...any day now.

No, the Republicans are trying to tear the nation apart. Not the Democrats/liberals of this country. The antivaxx bullshit, the terrorist attacks by right wingers, the bullshit by Trump supporters, and everything. You have to be insane to think that we, Democrats and liberals are anywhere close to being the fucking problem of this country when we have plots by right wingers to literally assassinate sitting members of congress and even the fucking former VP. This is why everyone mocks you.

10+ Year Old Account
    When one "side" is taking pretty much the same approach they've been for the last 50 years or so, and the other side has turned towards fascism, conspiracy theories, science denial, bigotry, and domestic terrorism as their tentpoles, yeah. There's a divide. But it isn't the people supporting Democrats who're driving it.

What did texas do about abortion pills? Did they make those illegal too? They are over the counter arent they? If I was going to donate anything, it would be towards abortion pills for texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    When one "side" is taking pretty much the same approach they've been for the last 50 years or so, and the other side has turned towards fascism, conspiracy theories, science denial, bigotry, and domestic terrorism as their tentpoles, yeah. There's a divide. But it isn't the people supporting Democrats who're driving it.
    prove it by dropping out of this hate thread. go be a positive force somewhere.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    What did texas do about abortion pills? Did they make those illegal too? They are over the counter arent they? If I was going to donate anything, it would be towards abortion pills for texas.
    Here is the thing this law is so fucked up you can be sued just for intent of helping an abortion. So the pharmacy and everyone working there can be sued for $10,000 bounties.

The day after pill is not an "abortion pill" it's not how it works.

Conception is not an instantaneous thing. It takes a while for it to happen. The day after pill doesn't interrupt pregnancy, it prevents conception at the very last moment.

"Abortion pills" are basically just abortion. Most abortions are performed via that method.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hate thread"?

The thread's about the hateful laws Texas passed. I'm not one of the ones bringing hate into the mix. I'm standing against hate.

You're playing defense for bigots and abusers.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can get plan b otc, but since that's emergency contraceptive meant for "the morning after" it should fall well within the 6 weeks.

A Dr. recommended women buy pregnancy tests in bulk and just get in the routine of doing testing. If a test comes back positive go immediately to clinic and don't wait.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTcjUgO...dium=copy_link

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't over the counter but it's very hard for Texas to prevent people from getting the pills online. Especially when a lot of services don't give a damn about respecting Texan laws.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

67 abortions in 17 hours: Inside a Texas clinic’s race to beat new six-week abortion ban

It was 8 p.m. on Tuesday when Marva Sadler looked at the patients waiting in the lobby, at the list of patients waiting to return, at even more patients waiting outside in cars surrounded by protesters — and realized they might not get to everyone. In four hours, a near-total ban on abortions in Texas was set to take effect, and two dozen people were still waiting for the procedure at Whole Woman’s Health in Fort Worth, one of the largest abortion care clinics in the state.

Sadler, the director of clinical services, and her colleagues did the math. They needed to perform eight abortions an hour with only one doctor on duty, an octogenarian who had been working since 7 a.m. It felt impossible.

The staff worked without stopping to eat, shifting patients in and out of rooms. In the lobby, people who had been waiting five hours or more asked when they would be called. They had to pick up other kids. Their ride was leaving. Their family members, who were outside because of coronavirus regulations, knocked on the front door to see what was happening. Would they be seen or turned away?

One young woman arrived at her first appointment to the clinic that same night. She was a drug user, she told Sadler, and set to begin serving a five-year prison sentence in a week. She already had three children at home. She didn’t want to deliver a baby in jail.

She dropped to her knees on the cold tile floor in front of Sadler, begging her to take her, to perform the abortion.

In Texas, patients have to wait 24 hours after their first appointment to get an abortion. The woman was 12 weeks pregnant, and on Wednesday, she’d be too far along to get the procedure.

It was that woman Sadler thought about later, as she drove away from the clinic, the adrenaline of the day washed away by waves of sadness and pain. The knowledge that, no matter what she did, she couldn’t help everyone.

Just before SB 8 took effect, at 11:56 p.m., the doctor walked out of his last procedure. Clinic workers got to everyone they were legally allowed to treat. In 17 hours, they’d performed 67 abortion procedures. They’d seen 60 people who had taken medication to abort at home to confirm that — yes, the process was complete, and they wouldn’t be left in limbo.

For a moment they were able to savor it. Sadler looked at the doctor and told him physicians half his age wouldn’t have been able to do what he did. Even if he only had performed one abortion, it would have been a victory, she said.

When they walked out of the clinic for the night, the protesters were still there, standing in the dark on the sidewalk, watching them. As part of the Texas law, private citizens can sue anyone they believe may have “aided or abetted” someone getting an abortion outside of the six-week window — and potentially win $10,000 or more in damages.

Protesters were still there Wednesday before Sadler arrived at 7 a.m.

Her staff was visibly drained from the day before, shuffling through the hallways and talking in low voices. There were 77 people on their roster for the day — some of them real, some of them, Sadler suspects, protesters who called to make fake appointments to see if they could gain intel on what the clinic was telling its patients.

Sadler knew she would have to go out and say something uplifting to her team, even as she knew this would be a day where she would have to deny people care.

“How unfair,” she kept thinking, “that those women yesterday were helped, and the women today don’t have any help.”

It was only 10 a.m., but she had already turned away four people — some as early in their pregnancies as five weeks and six days.
    Probably not the results that pro life supporters were looking for.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-09-06 at 10:10 PM.

So toss an additional financial burden on them. Fun.
    Think the future for Texas women is to demand a money depository from men that wish to have sex with them, just to ensure that any possible pregnancy can be detected and dealt with, without worrying the world about the cost. Seems fair and balanced, and I am sure men will love it too!
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

7+ Year Old Account
    So toss an additional financial burden on them. Fun.
    To burden women is what Texas laws are all about.

"Being against hate is hate" sounds really Orwellian.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    they got 6 weeks.
    Truly spoken like someone who is completely clueless about the female body and pregnancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess conservative law makers over there quite literally want to go back to the (good) old days, where women had no right or say and rape was only considered a crime if it hurt the pride and name of the woman's family.

Surprised to see that something like this can pass in this day and age. Also a good example that nothing ever good has come from the mixture of religion and politics.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I guess conservative law makers over there quite literally want to go back to the (good) old days, where women had no right or say and rape was only considered a crime if it hurt the pride and name of the woman's family.

Surprised to see that something like this can pass in this day and age. Also a good example that nothing ever good has come from the mixture of religion and politics.
    Nor the state of texas. We should just give it back to Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Nor the state of texas. We should just give it back to Mexico.
    we'd actually get oil and gas much cheaper this way
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!