Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    And what are those casual ways?

Collectables, how annoying you are, some can be turned in while others are just taking up room.
    Currently doing the level 60 botany job quest, waiting for another unspoiled node. Watching, and waiting, on edge of my seat anticipating.
    Running roulettes and desynthing, 1 map per day is 350k/week, coffee biscuits is 630k/week, selling tome mats, retainer ventures, doing things like fetes for tokens to sell mounts/minions, etc. Stuff that doesn't take much time over just basically playing the game. When materia is more relevant, hunt trains can make a decent amount too.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I struggle to stay at 100k gil, idk how the hell anyone has a million or more.
    Be max level and max gear and have nothing more to spend it on.

For a more serious answer, pay attention to what crafted items are selling for the most gil, search up their mats, find out how to farm them, and then sell them. I made 11 mil in less than a month and then stopped because I realised I didn't need that much with nothing to spend it on, since I've been curved at every opportunity to buy a housing plot

Honestly, op has good points. The ability bloat and dips queue times are horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Once you reach level 80 and finish the MSQ, and do the raid and trial storylines, you've consumed almost all of the meaningful content in the game. The only things left to do are:

• Grind other jobs up so you can see their storylines. Unfortunately the vast majority of job storylines are meh. There are a few "good" storylines, such as the Samurai 50-60, the Gunbreaker 60-70, and Dark Knight 60-70, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time and effort it takes the level grind those jobs up just to see those storylines. If you intend to play those jobs at higher level content, then sure.
    • Do repeatable activities such as the Gold Saucer minigames, PvP, decorating your house, or glamour hunting until you get bored.
    • Grind for relic weapons that will be outdated due to gear treadmill when the next patch hits. Do you want that glowing weapon? Do you want to spend 300 hours grinding for it? No? Then don't do the grind.
    Just to add a few onto the side quest list, the Postmoogle Quests (ARR), the Scholasticate (HW), and the Void Quests are all yellow side quests that are definitely worth doing. The stories are great and they have titles and glamour pieces tied to them. The Void Quests do require you to have 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 1 Physical DPS (Ranged or Melee), and 1 Magical DPS at level 80 though, since it unlocks when you complete the role quests for each.

There's also Hildebrand, but it's a Blue quest and I think most people know about it by now due to how popular it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Honestly, the games only problem is the freaking slog the leveling is. They've taken small steps to fix it, but thus far it's a con that pays because people have to buy boosts to enjoy the game. I know it's subjective, but the questing in ARR/Heavensward is garbage.
    I think the biggest "issue" for those trying to push through old content to "catch up" is the way you are FORCED to do the MSQ, including the raids! For those wanting to level as a tank or healer, thats a lot of pressure to perform a pivitol role in a new game, in dungeons and even raid content. Yes, the difficulty is low, and yes, the community is, for the most part, extremely receptive of new players, but its still one glaring issue i have.

Now, the MSQ part - I know a lot of people will respond with "but the story is amazing! thats why they want to force you to experience it!" but my problem is the nature of the MSQ, and the fact your level will greatly exceed the MSQ simply by doing JUST the MSQ, so it feels very forced (which it is) and a bit clunky. The provide AI teammates much later on, but i think its done backwards - for those wanting to push through the MSQ, i think THEY (the new players) should be able to 'solo' that content with AI teammates - they still get to experience the content, but without the pressure to perform.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I struggle to stay at 100k gil, idk how the hell anyone has a million or more.
    On a second account, with ZERO assistance from anyone, in the free trial, i had around 250k @ lvl 50, and this was a trial so zero use of market / ah or selling anything in game - just from the MSQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I think the biggest "issue" for those trying to push through old content to "catch up" is the way you are FORCED to do the MSQ, including the raids! For those wanting to level as a tank or healer, thats a lot of pressure to perform a pivitol role in a new game, in dungeons and even raid content.
    The CT raids being required was a recent addition for understanding later events. I am adamantly opposed to group content of any kind being required for story/character progression, but I like the rest of the game so I grit my teeth and bear it. The CT raids are pure chaos though. I wouldn't want to be responsible for tanking them, but healing basically amounts to doing your best among those who know what mechanics to avoid. The others are probably going to die.

Now, the MSQ part - I know a lot of people will respond with "but the story is amazing! thats why they want to force you to experience it!" but my problem is the nature of the MSQ, and the fact your level will greatly exceed the MSQ simply by doing JUST the MSQ, so it feels very forced (which it is) and a bit clunky.
    I know it's probably not intuitive, but everyone should level at least one other job and alternate MSQ EXP. Those on a preferred server should level multiple jobs via the MSQ.

On a second account, with ZERO assistance from anyone, in the free trial, i had around 250k @ lvl 50, and this was a trial so zero use of market / ah or selling anything in game - just from the MSQ.
    Same. Fun fact: The ARR story skip gives you 300k gil, which is roughly about what I had when I finished ARR. I would've had more if I had the ability to sell on the market board. Not being able to use the MB, not having any crafters, or housing meant I didn't have any money sinks.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Well, the thread is called "A decent MMO plagued by some serious problems that make it unplayable in the long run", which makes me believe that:
    - There is something wrong with the endgame content?
    - Once you are done with the MSQ, there is nothing interesting to keep doing?
    - If you have level 80 on all class/jobs you are more than done?
    - PvP is bad? (I havent tried myself yet...)
    - No more activities to do?

that kind of "problems" i mean....
    We had a bunch of threads on the same theme like "what dont you like about the game?". All of them where closed since we only needed one. The fact that the one with the most antagonizing title was kept indicates that it was a biased decision.

Nothing in this title is objectively true. Why it's allowed to stay open is beyond me. If I made the exact same thread in the WoW section it would be closed within an hour.

The only thing that really bothers me is the delay of other player's stop/walk animation.

God I hate moving legs when people stand still. Why can't the synchronization be better ?!?

Everything else is superior

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I hadn't paid attention to it until I kept seeing this sentiment, but there does seem to be a lack of ... I don't know how to put it. The other female characters either aren't generally liked (Lyse), are lalafells (Krile, Tataru), are of questionable age (Alisaie), or don't stick around long enough to be meaningful, and that's it? Who am I missing because it seems like pickings for female "waifu" characters are slim.
    Well there is the admiral shes kinda a good waifu.. oh yeah the original minfilia ward in the start of game shes a good waifu also then there is gaia the one who argued alot then made friends with rynn i think i covered them all and yes lyse is a good waifu not sure why people dont like her.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Ryne and Gaia are both underage, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Well there is the admiral shes kinda a good waifu.. oh yeah the original minfilia ward in the start of game shes a good waifu also then there is gaia the one who argued alot then made friends with rynn i think i covered them all and yes lyse is a good waifu not sure why people dont like her.
    Y'shtola? I just entered HS and I get the feeling that her character also has more depth than all the others. Definitely waifu material

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Ryne and Gaia are both underage, though...
    With an age of consent of 13 Japan probably sees that differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    With an age of consent of 13 Japan probably sees that differently.
    Age of consent and being underage are two different things. A 13yr old is still a kid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

While the 13 year old thing in Japan is true, there are laws that make it illegal for anyone over 14 to have sex with a 13 year old as well. It's all rather vague for some reason in that part of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Might wanna check your sources on that one.
    Careful there, your pedobear is showing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

And there's the most predictable of answers.
    The irony here is strong, considering you said the most predictable answer. Classic downplaying pedophilia because its animu... what is wrong with you?!
    Last edited by Myokony; 2021-09-07 at 03:35 AM.

If you'd like to show the class exactly where any of that happened, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.
    Try that little thing on your mouse called mousewheel. Conversation was about some 15years old and you acting like that aint underage.

Quote Originally Posted by Myokony View Post
    Try that little thing on your mouse called mousewheel. Conversation was about some 15years old and you acting like that aint underage.
    In a fantasy world where those 16 years old fight demons and dragons, logic doesn't apply. Anyway, can you guys please stop projecting with this disgusting topic and let a game be a game?

Reasons that ff14 is a massive shit show (without referencing end game content at all).

1. Inventory management.
    2. ARR job pacing (and skill doling - thats a word! (i really thought it wasnt, but spell check said nothing.)
    3. ARR (and post ARR) quest pacing (kinda forgivable when you know they fixed this game in like a year from almost nothing, but still, its been... 7/8 years? I know theyve more important shit to do like delaying patches and ultimates, but its still something they should fix).
    4. VA direction in ARR. (fixed - happy checkmark!)
    5. They broke Lyse's spirit by making her Lyse.
    6. The intro to stormblood is just such a downer. "Welcome to this refugee camp"!
    7. That one Aethyr current in the Lochs.
    8. Welcome to our underwater zone!
    9. The new player experience isnt awful, but its pretty overwhelming. ('so i do the msq, and these blue quests... wait! not ALL the blue quests? So which blue quests do i need to do? Oh, i need to look online for an unlock table... i see, i think!'...)
    10. Streamer privileges! Pilav got 3 mini cacpots in a row! Hazel got a mini cacpot on her second try. Ive gotten THREE, ever (in like 100 attempts)! i could have had a total of FOUR (i missed one). This is sus!
    11. "It gets better"... it so does. But how am i supposed to know this when im spamming two buttons for 25 levels?
    12. Why is coils not on the msq? but finding crystal brave members is? "WHY? Why is water in fire? WATER IN FIRE? WHY??!?" No but... why? Alphi can just tell us he's found the crystal braves and organised it in a speech bubble. 2.3 is now the coils...
    13. (i know im missing some real clangers! please help remind me!)
    14. So is there a consolidated website where i can find out about glamours, items and stuff in game i really want to farm? What do you mean 'lol'?

15. Please add your bozja and eureka and general end game gripes. I dont plan to do any of it as a pure 'plot watcher'. But i know its definitely a thing.
    16. Pvp lol. I watched zepla tell me it was really fun as an unkillable whm. Then i watched savix.
    17. I just logged in. Since i bought shadowbringers (and have only had a sub during shadowbringers): I HATE the login screen. I wish i had the arr log in screen. (sure, its a personal complaint, but sometimes we need to vocalise our feelings!). Can endwalker be more chill, perhaps? please? I HATE that login screen. Heartfelt. I detest it. Its obnoxious and garish.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-09-07 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    And what are those casual ways?

Collectables, how annoying you are, some can be turned in while others are just taking up room.
    Currently doing the level 60 botany job quest, waiting for another unspoiled node. Watching, and waiting, on edge of my seat anticipating.
    Sending your retainers out on quick ventures once every hour is a good way, they can bring back items that can sell for quite a bit. Daily crafting, go to your grand company make the items that are up to be turned in, people tend to buy those for the same reason you make them. Daily beast tribes then use the tokens to buy materia to sell.