Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    if it was quality my clan mate would be wanting to keep doing vog after all this time, not farming it because they tied the exotic in it to rng instead of thinking of rewarding a challenge lol, not to mention the vast vast majority of destiny content is pulled right from the recycle bin from five years ago lol, there should be unique mechanics on harder content not just added champs, there should be more dungeons etc because no matter how enjoyable the content is if its only considered more than a months worth of content solely because rng loot then its not good enough. i do have fun in the game but lets be realsies it could be waaaay better than it is currently. they waste way too mucch time on pointless crap like the cosmadrone which is just sitting there with 0 love, hell the whole sunsetting thing was just an excuse to re release old content under the pretext of players wanting it back and thinking they won something lol, its the same thing with blizz caving to demands at the end of each expansion.
    Well written. I havn't pve'd in destiny 2 since before they left activision. Although when i did i really enjoyed myself also, it was a bar raising experience. WoW has done an incredible job doing alot with alittle to work with as the engine is very dated. They should be commended, its just time to move to a better engine.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalboski View Post
    If you havn't noticed. World of warcraft retail is completely dead. Literally noone but the most hardcore are the only people still subscribed. Recent studies have the active subscriber list well under 1mil. maybe 500k? At some point its time to wake up and smell the coffee. How you interpret the financial call is up to you but the way i read it was this = Blizzard is in a severe cash crunch and is dead weight to activision at this point. Its pulling up the rear behind call of duty and some rando mobile company(sad but true). Its 2021 and i can't buy a new dance for my character? Like what is going on here? Its time for radical changes to save the game. Furthermore, I only play for the PvP but even that is stale and doesn't deserve 15/ month. If i was looking for a PvE game, i wouldn't play wow because its not the best experience on the market anymore.(Shoutout to Ian tho. He is talented PvE designer). If you want top end PvE go play Destiny 2. #SaveWarcraft2021

Also, if i could have one wish i would wish for them to just cancel wow completely and move the assets into an entirely new graphics engine = wow 2.
    This reads like my uncle's horse dewormer rants on facebook but okay here we go.

"Studies" have the active subscribers well under a million? What? I can login to WoW at any hour of the day and the game is full of people. Pretty much the only thing I can agree with you on is that PvP is pretty dead.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Adding 100s of random things to buy in a cash shop doesnt make the game good.
    Many would argue it makes it worse.

People have no problem paying membership, when they enjoy the game.

Every cool thing they add to the shop is 1 less reason to pay for membership if you have nothing to do.
    Adding content that unlocks cool things gives a reason for people to play.
    So, i disagree with you. Sure they can tie some things to progression. Here is a dream scenario. Cancel the sub and maybe make a battle pass? A non restrictive optional Battle pass. Now you have maybe doubled or tripled the games population and made a ton more $ than you would with the shitty ass subscription. Its a win win. More good content, more funding for them to improve the game. Also, a good wow battle royale is another idea.

Normally, I would agree with you. I have been here since day 1. I am more than entitled to my own rants and opinions. I've done alot to advance the wow pvp community. Which by the way is riddled with hacking and gangs. These are my first hand accounts. I've seen wow at its best and now at its worst. Take it how you will i guess.
    Ab we are entitlted to tell you hjow wrong and completely off base yhou are. Blizzard is not cash strapped nor is it dead weight. There are far morethan the hardcore playing, You aren't looking for constructive conversation. You are looking for attention and confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Stopped reading after the bolded bit. Retail isn't dead, couldn't be bothered to read whatever jibberish you decided to spout.
    it is dead for many people due to the servers has so little people now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    it is dead for many people due to the servers has so little people now.
    Tichondrius is easily one of the top 5 most populated servers and surely the top horde pvp server and the best way i can describe it is completely dead.

Deep inside you know you will buy the new Transmog they are adding to the cash shop anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Deep inside you know you will buy the new Transmog they are adding to the cash shop anyways.
    I'm dying to throw some money @ them but they need to make good cash shop items. Xmog is a good idea. But i'm looking for dances / emotes / voice emotes / emojis /// And even then i'll be back in the next expansion If and ONLY if they make some big big changes.

Okay meme thread is memey, I get it.

Complaining the game would be dead because your niche (pvp), which has always been a niche is declining.

The chat situation got out of hand, you're right. But maybe you can't find people to chat with in /2 because there's like 20 boost spam posts per second on every realm, so that by the time you've sent your message, it's already lost in spam.

You must also be living in some different dimension if you think that pve is bad in wow, while saying that loot shooters are doing a better job at the same time. Wow pve is like the only thing that has been top notch since the game's inception.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Okay meme thread is memey, I get it.

Complaining the game would be dead because your niche (pvp), which has always been a niche is declining.

The chat situation got out of hand, you're right. But maybe you can't find people to chat with in /2 because there's like 20 boost spam posts per second on every realm, so that by the time you've sent your message, it's already lost in spam.

You must also be living in some different dimension if you think that pve is bad in wow, while saying that loot shooters are doing a better job at the same time. Wow pve is like the only thing that has been top notch since the game's inception.
    I don't think the PvE in wow is Bad. I've said its good. I just don't think its the best anymore. Or at best, its in the pack or at par with competition. Which having said that, does not warrant 15/mo for just par. I'm sorry but thats just the reality in 2021.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you havn't noticed. World of warcraft retail is completely dead. Literally noone but the most hardcore are the only people still subscribed. Recent studies have the active subscriber list well under 1mil. maybe 500k? ....
    Well, no. This needs a qualified validation from official sources otherwise it is just a claim which feels looking at many servers on retail "wrong". Servers are quiet full, to my suprise, since I am also not the biggest fan of this expansion. Not loving the expansion also does not mean that I stopped loving the game. Which is also something I could imagine is the case for many people.
    Stop to play and come back later in the year, happens very often I think.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Well, no. This needs a qualified validation from official sources otherwise it is just a claim which feels looking at many servers on retail "wrong". Servers are quiet full, to my suprise, since I am also not the biggest fan of this expansion. Not loving the expansion also does not mean that I stopped loving the game. Which is also something I could imagine is the case for many people.
    Stop to play and come back later in the year, happens very often I think.
    Bellular and others that helped him nailed it i think. Here you go - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToaLY0DF2gY

15+ Year Old Account
    Bellular and others that helped him nailed it i think. Here you go - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToaLY0DF2gY
    Bellular is not an official source. It is just some dude on the internet with a big desire to produce himself.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Bellular is not an official source. It is just some dude on the internet with a big desire to produce himself.
    Do you think an Official source from a publicly traded company is going to share authentic information about thier subscription loss/bleed with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, i'm just starting a constructive conversation
    If you havn't noticed. World of warcraft retail is completely dead. Literally noone but the most hardcore are the only people still subscribed. Recent studies have the active subscriber list well under 1mil. maybe 500k? What % of the remaining players are CLASSIC only players too? Probably at least half or more.
    Made me laugh. "Recent studies" is obviously Bellular's vid, and the last part of your post there has proven that you managed to completely misunderstand his video, as well.

Christ, I really do wish these crap people would just get over their addiction and quit the game, get out of sites like these and just.. Leave. Is it really that difficult?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think an Official source from a publicly traded company is going to share authentic information about thier subscription loss/bleed with you?
    This guy can't be real.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Made me laugh. "Recent studies" is obviously Bellular's vid, and the last part of your post there has proven that you managed to completely misunderstand his video, as well.

Christ, I really do wish these crap people would just get over their addiction and quit the game, get out of sites like these and just.. Leave. Is it really that difficult?
    So what i took from your feedback is that you wish more pain on warcraft and blizzard. You are hoping the majority of players stop being passionate about the game and quit/unsubscribe. Well, given recent times it looks like you are getting your wish. I can't wait until you see the deflation of your subscription $ going forward for less quality and less quantity of content coming your way. Enjoy holding the bags

Everyone thought Destiny 2 will get better as Bungie left Activision, in the end it just got worse and more greedy.

The same would happen if WOW went f2p with cash shop.

Methinks OP just can't be bothered to pay the sub but still wants to play, aka eat the cake and keep it too. Grind for a token or unsub and play some f2p games like World of Tanks or Genshin Impact to see where the f2p model leads.

Gosh, I quit League of Legends and one of the reasons was shoving down people's throats lootboxes and battle / season passes.

Last thing gaming community needs is more greedy, gambley, p2w garbage disguised as "free".

P.S.
    I'm dying to throw some money @ them but they need to make good cash shop items. Xmog is a good idea. But i'm looking for dances / emotes / voice emotes / emojis ///
    They made not one but two games like that, HOTS and Overwatch, one free, one buy to play, both infested with cash shop full of emojis, sprays, poses, and other cosmetic fluff. Afaik HOTS is on life support and Overwatch is so forgotten I don't even know how's Overwatch 2 coming along, they put much more emphasis on Diablo 4 / Diablo 2 reforged than OW.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2021-09-07 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Everyone thought Destiny 2 will get better as Bungie left Activision, in the end it just got worse and more greedy.

The same would happen if WOW went f2p with cash shop.

Methinks OP just can't be bothered to pay the sub but still wants to play, aka eat the cake and keep it too. Grind for a token or unsub and play some f2p games like World of Tanks or Genshin Impact to see where the f2p model leads.

Gosh, I quit League of Legends and one of the reasons was shoving down people's throats lootboxes and battle / season passes.

Last thing gaming community needs is more greedy, gambley, p2w garbage disguised as "free".
    I just want quality for my dollars. Currently 15/mo for current retail wow isn't a good deal. In fact at this point blizzard should consider paying people to play thier game. If i wanted to play wow i would just play on a private server at this point. Like WoW revelations. At least they are doing quality improvements to the graphics...

I'm dying to throw some money @ them but they need to make good cash shop items. Xmog is a good idea. But i'm looking for dances / emotes / voice emotes / emojis /// And even then i'll be back in the next expansion If and ONLY if they make some big big changes.
    Aren't there hundreds of mobile games that churn out this kind of garbage? Why do you want to advocate for devoting WoW team resources to this stuff? Better yet, why not ask for those rewards to be put into the game? Can't be bothered playing? Can't do a basic rotation but you can enter your credit card info on the num pad by muscle memory?

I personally still like the core of what WoW is as a game. There are lots of layers of garbage that need to be cleared away and 9.1.5 is a decent start. To me, your post is akin to saying, "The best way to save WoW is to make it a first person shooter in a sci-fi setting because I like first person shooters in space!"

No.

I just want quality for my dollars. Currently 15/mo for current retail wow isn't a good deal. In fact at this point blizzard should consider paying people to play thier game. If i wanted to play wow i would just play on a private server at this point. Like WoW revelations. At least they are doing quality improvements to the graphics...
    Not a good deal? How many mounts and transmog sets do you have? I really doubt it's anywhere even near approaching the idea of the smell of half of what is in the game. So for $15 you can probably easily farm several mounts and transmogs each month for years to come. That seems like a way better deal than $15 for not even one complete xmog set or mount. If you don't like what's available that's fine, but then you'd probably also complain if Blizzard did what you are proposing and their cash shop offerings weren't in line with what you want.
    Last edited by Spazzix; 2021-09-07 at 10:01 AM.
    SorryNotSorry

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I have absolutely zero doubt that Destiny 2 is at it's best currently and never has been any better whatsoever.

I wasn't there at the start, but considering how everyone was throwing shit around, there is no way that the game was more fun than the current version.

The "farming" isn't tedious but varied, you do whatever you want and advance your character, the gearing process is quick and solid and pretty much "unimportant". There is a nice split between easy and hard content via achievements and it doesn't block content or important loot behind it.

So no way it got worse, not sure about the "greedy" thing, but even the 100€ edition for the next expansion is cheaper than a standard wow expansion + subscription.

And it's not like VOG D2 is the same as VOG D1
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-07 at 10:03 AM.