Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzix View Post
    Aren't there hundreds of mobile games that churn out this kind of garbage? Why do you want to advocate for devoting WoW team resources to this stuff? Better yet, why not ask for those rewards to be put into the game? Can't be bothered playing? Can't do a basic rotation but you can enter your credit card info on the num pad by muscle memory?

I personally still like the core of what WoW is as a game. There are lots of layers of garbage that need to be cleared away and 9.1.5 is a decent start. To me, your post is akin to saying, "The best way to save WoW is to make it a first person shooter in a sci-fi setting because I like first person shooters in space!"

No.
    So, i realize that the majority or most of the people hanging around this fan forum are die hard wow fans. I am too. Its painful to accept these issues and the decline of the game. I am not trying to speak bad about the game. I am saying, lets look subjectively at the data. The data isn't painting a very good picture. Its been in decline for years. Its time to think about how we can turn this ship around. Or not maybe it just keeps getting worse. At its core, wow still has fine assets. But its just Not what i would call an MMO anymore. The community aspect of retail wow is completely decayed and withered away. Its just missing completely. Feels like a single player game w/o a chat room at this point because noone uses chat. So yea... things aren't looking good.
    Last edited by Baalboski; 2021-09-07 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalboski View Post
    So, i realize that the majority or most of the people hanging around this fan forum are die hard wow fans. I am too. Its painful to accept these issues and the decline of the game. I am not trying to speak bad about the game. I am saying, lets look subjectively at the data. The data isn't painting a very good picture. Its been in decline for years. Its time to think about how we can turn this ship around. Or not maybe it just keeps getting worse. At its core, wow still has fine assets. But its just Not what i would call an MMO anymore. The community aspect of retail wow is completely decayed and withered away. Its just missing completely. Feels like a single player game w/o a chat room at this point because noone uses chat. So yea... things aren't looking good.
    No you are declaring your opinion as fact and demanding everyone declare you right. Not how any of this works at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No you are declaring your opinion as fact and demanding everyone declare you right. Not how any of this works at all.
    If you don't think wow is in serious decline right now. Especially retail. I am not sure you will ever know what decline looks like. Retail wow isn't a good product right now. For 1, i wouldn't even call it an MMO anymore. It does not really have a living breathing world at all. I spent 1 month in TBC and had more social interaction than i had the previous 2 years of retail combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzix View Post
    Aren't there hundreds of mobile games that churn out this kind of garbage? Why do you want to advocate for devoting WoW team resources to this stuff? Better yet, why not ask for those rewards to be put into the game? Can't be bothered playing? Can't do a basic rotation but you can enter your credit card info on the num pad by muscle memory?
    Again, the WoW dev team and the cash shop team are two completely separate entities with their own separate budgets. The cash shop takes ZERO resources away from the game. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Again, the WoW dev team and the cash shop team are two completely separate entities with their own separate budgets. The cash shop takes ZERO resources away from the game. End of story.
    Thanks for clarifying that. I think that's good for players to know and understand.

Your first two sentences are factually false and when I read something that says "recent studies" I get a small case of nausea. What's the point of reading beyond that? The shop is irrelevant to the game and content quality. People do not stay subbed or unsubbed based on their opinion of the shop.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish they made that you only pay for current expansion content, and you could fool around doing old content without worrying that you have you to pay an absurd price for just 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    People have no problem paying membership, when they enjoy the game.
    i would argue that even if the game is good the price is too high, especially for other countries that don't run on dollar

Its is even worse now that you can't buy a standalone gametime

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I wish they made that you only pay for current expansion content, and you could fool around doing old content without worrying that you have you to pay an absurd price for just 30 days

i would argue that even if the game is good the price is too high, especially for other countries that don't run on dollar

Its is even worse now that you can't buy a standalone gametime
    Again, Fantastic idea/thought. There is absolutely NO reason people should be paying 15 dollars for the old warcraft content. Once financial reality sets in @ blizzard hq and hard choices have to be made. Maybe then and only then will fantasy land be over and we can return to a competitive product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Your first two sentences are factually false and when I read something that says "recent studies" I get a small case of nausea. What's the point of reading beyond that? The shop is irrelevant to the game and content quality. People do not stay subbed or unsubbed based on their opinion of the shop.
    I'm sorry i don't think they are and i have been playing since day 1. The Shop isn't irrelevant whatsoever. People want to make thier characters unique/cool. Why do you want to stop that? I have had the same dance on my tauren for 15 years. thats a problem...

Sell aoc/mythic boosts directly from the cash shop. Saves people an extra step

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Sell aoc/mythic boosts directly from the cash shop. Saves people an extra step
    Yea sadly wow has become Pay 2 win and its real players are held hostage by gangs. Thats another problem for another topic. Thats more less the wow token that caused that. To your point, yea mise well just offer that. At least the gangs would stop ruining the content for the real players.

I mostly play classic anyway, but i seriously doubt WoW will die any time soon.

These threads are pointless, it's like twitter. Twitter represents 200,000,000 people which is like 1.6% of the worlds population yet when someone posts an opinion the liberal twitter mob all pounce on it and suddenly it's treated as facts or wrong because a mob full of liberal apes said it was.

My point is, is what you're saying right? yeah most likely. Will posting it here, a website full of dedicated blizzard fanboys do anything for you? no. Blizzard could literally release their actual sub numbers and prove you right, and the loyal sheep on here would still come to their aid. Don't bother, just be quiet and know you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    These threads are pointless, it's like twitter. Twitter represents 200,000,000 people which is like 1.6% of the worlds population yet when someone posts an opinion the liberal twitter mob all pounce on it and suddenly it's treated as facts or wrong because a mob full of liberal apes said it was.

My point is, is what you're saying right? yeah most likely. Will posting it here, a website full of dedicated blizzard fanboys do anything for you? no. Blizzard could literally release their actual sub numbers and prove you right, and the loyal sheep on here would still come to their aid. Don't bother, just be quiet and know you're right.
    I know and thanks for that. I'm very well aware. I don't think we ever thought a game would live on and be a staple for as long as it has. WoW has had many ups and downs. I don't post much but i know there are wow devs that are on here and they do see these posts from time to time. I'm just trying to offer consctuctive feedback. One of the things i have noticed is that alot of people who play wow do not play any other games. So they don't realize the competition has caught up and in many instances surpassed the wow offerings. In many regards, wow has been playing Defense for many years instead of innovating and playing Offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Adding 100s of random things to buy in a cash shop doesnt make the game good.
    Many would argue it makes it worse.

People have no problem paying membership, when they enjoy the game.

Every cool thing they add to the shop is 1 less reason to pay for membership if you have nothing to do.
    Adding content that unlocks cool things gives a reason for people to play.
    Money =\= time

Sometimes people just want a cool mount/transmog set without having to do mythic raiding or grinding like a lunatic

You can buy everything in the shop with gold so I dont see the problem

Grinding the same raid every reset for 2% drop chances is so fun! Nah let me just buy the mount instead
    An'u belore delen'na

These kind of threads are boring because they always hinge on some absolutely outlandish statement like "i spent 20 minutes trying to make someone talk in /2 and no one did". If you want to have some kind of legitimate discussion, it's best to leave the moronic exaggerations and hyperbole at the door.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you havn't noticed. World of warcraft retail is completely dead. Literally noone but the most hardcore are the only people still subscribed. Recent studies have the active subscriber list well under 1mil. maybe 500k? What % of the remaining players are CLASSIC only players too? Probably at least half or more. At some point its time to wake up and smell the coffee. How you interpret the financial call is up to you but the way i read it was this = Blizzard is in a severe cash crunch and is dead weight to activision at this point. Its pulling up the rear behind call of duty and some rando mobile company(sad but true). Its 2021 and i can't buy a new dance for my character? Like what is going on here? Its time for radical changes to save the game. Furthermore, I only play for the PvP but even that is stale and doesn't deserve 15/ month. If i was looking for a PvE game, i wouldn't play wow because its not the best experience on the market anymore.(Shoutout to Ian tho. He is talented PvE designer). If you want top end PvE go play Destiny 2. #SaveWarcraft2021

COMPLETELY DEAD = i'm on one of the most populated realms @ peak time and noone is using /2 or /4. No social interactions taking place whatsoever. Just a few dozen ppl running in circles in oribos. Completely spacially unaware anyone else is even around them. That to me = DEAD. Classic TBC played for 1 month and had more social interactions with players than i had the previous 3 years of retail wow combined. Its a BIG BIG problem.

Also, if i could have one wish i would wish for them to just cancel wow completely and move the assets into an entirely new graphics engine = wow 2.

*** For those NEW to the thread, we also are kicking around the idea of a SEASONAL Battle Pass // WoW Battle Royale // More cash shop features (dances, emotes, voice, emojis)

Many are asking for references to exact subscription #s and this is the best i could do -- From Bellular https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToaLY0DF2gY
    Anything to support this other than a youtube channel?
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-09-07 at 10:41 AM.

I don't think its an exaggeration or surprise to be informed that retail wow has a serious problem with the essence of the genre it belongs in. Being an MMO in the first place. For the record, i liked Bfa and Shadowlands. Where my problem lies if the social problems brought on by lfg/lfr/splitting the games population between classic/retail and also the wow token has brought on mafias and gangs who are ruining content for authentic players. Once all the shiny new features and hype is over, We want an MMO where people and interactions matter. Give us that or we will just keep leaving. If you want more money you need to open up the cash shop. You guys are late on this by like 5 years. I beg you, be an innovator. Do not sit on your hands and be content.
    Last edited by Baalboski; 2021-09-07 at 10:44 AM.

The vast majority of players don't give a shit about the shop and the scandal abuse. Only a few players left because of that. If the subscribers went down it was because they got bored of content. As soon as some new content comes good or bad the subs will go back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    The vast majority of players don't give a shit about the shop and the scandal abuse. Only a few players left because of that. If the subscribers went down it was because they got bored of content. As soon as some new content comes good or bad the subs will go back up.
    They might and they also might not. Because we are entering a new era where there is much more competition for our time and dollars. There are more offerings than ever and a new Triple A studio is throwing its hat in the ring. I beta tested thier product and its a winner. I would be worried. And i say this as a wow fan for 15 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what i took from your feedback is that you wish more pain on warcraft and blizzard. You are hoping the majority of players stop being passionate about the game and quit/unsubscribe. Well, given recent times it looks like you are getting your wish. I can't wait until you see the deflation of your subscription $ going forward for less quality and less quantity of content coming your way. Enjoy holding the bags
    No - though I'm not surprised you misunderstood me as well.

What I wish is for the whining kids to just find another game. Most of the playerbase in this game is trash - I really wouldn't mind if they all left. If that caused the game to worsen due to less funding that's fine - the increase in quality for the trash people that left will make up for it.

Also, one can argue that the quality of the game has gone down the past 10 years. So the "deflation" you speak of has been going on for quite some time. And guess what? I don't give a shit. It's a game. I play it with friends - if those friends quit, I quit. I had as much fun in Cataclysm as I did in Legion, for instance, even though the game was considered terrible during Cata, because of the people I play with.

It's a game. Not a fucking lifestyle. Get over it and move on.
    Hi