Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    But still...

Sure, but this was never a topic of debate as far as I can remember for Night elves.. ever. Only just now.. so to me all these questionable sources to show me..seem like reaching sorry, is it because you like the option you saw on the ptr and want it as well. Am I right?
    I wanted that stuff already back in WoD. Now we know it's possible and there is not technical limitation. When I went back and looked at the old model and the Artwork it was clear to me again that this was a detail that was lost with the new WoD model (among other face details). So yeah it sure could look great as we can see it now with Night Born.

For Night Born it was clearly visible, they went from NPC model to a butchered edit of the Night Elf model. Back in WoD they ignored most feedback we had for them. (We were already happy that we did not get the early version of the Night Elf model)

- - - Updated - - -

So tried it out today... I think it fits them well! (and looks still different enough)

Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-09-07 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post

these mana style colors are amazing,especially the purple.

They should add them as NBs new skin colors.
    You know what, that’s a great idea.
    would certainly fit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Why do half the male Nightborne faces look like they smelled a really bad fart?
    It’s all the night elves. To his day we wonder why. The expression is ghastly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post

I never noticed how mutch younger Nightborne looks when doing the /shy emote. I kinda fell in love with that mild face. Too bad he turns into a grumpy old man whenever he goes back to the normal stance X)
    also. Night elves/Nightborne males look much nicer when they smile. Try the laugh emote.

The ugliness is mostly in the preset default expression. And the over use of wrinkles.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-09-07 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the only thing the playable Nightborne and the playable Darnassian are their skin colors, which makes the Void Elf/Nightborne not a true "exchange/swap"
    Where is the logic in that?

Surely you can see the Nightborne model is a slimmed down Night elf model.. both NPC (slimmed down old night elf model with slightly better graphics, like Azshara had in cataclysm) and playable model ( slimmed down night elf playable model), with the difference of upturned ears, which were not on all Nightborne. It's basically neater city night elf, with some extra features.

void elf - purple hair and tendrils, Nightborne - skinny version and upturned ears. There are other differences ofc between void elves and blood elves, and night elves and Nightborne, but those are essentially the main ones..and you know what, most allied races have about 1 or 2 major things different with a few minor things.

Good enough for me. They are not meant to be a different race or species, but a variation of the versions you are familiar with.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Where is the logic in that?

Surely you can see the Nightborne model is a slimmed down Night elf model.. both NPC (slimmed down old night elf model with slightly better graphics, like Azshara had in cataclysm) and playable model ( slimmed down night elf playable model), with the difference of upturned ears, which were not on all Nightborne. It's basically neater city night elf, with some extra features.

void elf - purple hair and tendrils, Nightborne - skinny version and upturned ears. There are other differences ofc between void elves and blood elves, and night elves and Nightborne, but those are essentially the main ones..and you know what, most allied races have about 1 or 2 major things different with a few minor things.

Good enough for me. They are not meant to be a different race or species, but a variation of the versions you are familiar with.
    void elves can now look almost 95% same to the blood elves

- - - Updated - - -

idea for Nightborne Demon Hunters:

though I'd prefer if it's Orc and Draenei
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

That’s because the majority of alliance fans want that - or wow fans rather. Whereas the majority of the horde elf fans want Nightborne to be a different race and bear no resemblance to night elves. Which is ironical and shows how terrible and undesirable they perceive night elves.

This would not have been the case if blizzard shown the pre sundering side of the Kaldorei seen in Suramar , much earlier, like in Cata where they instead chose to focus their player race revamps most heavily and exclusively o frie human and orc faction capitals.

if they had focused on making night elves really attractive and improving rather than uglifying their models as well as showing off the whole night elf lore before introducing Nightborne. We would get the same calls from horde elf fans demanding options for the beautiful night elves. But we don’t.

They cast the lots and on the second draw, night elves pulled the short straw. Now I wonder if outside those who sat in the Legion expansion briefing meetings on the profile of the night elves, if any other devs even understand then in the slightest. Seeing most of that staff no longer work there
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-09-08 at 05:09 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    That’s because the majority of alliance fans want that - or wow fans rather. Whereas the majority of the horde elf fans want Nightborne to be a different race and bear no resemblance to night elves. Which is ironical and shows how terrible and undesirable they perceive night elves.

This would not have been the case if blizzard shown the pre sundering side of the Kaldorei seen in Suramar , much earlier, like in Cata where they instead chose to focus their player race revamps most heavily and exclusively o frie human and orc faction capitals.

if they had focused on making night elves really attractive and improving rather than uglifying their models as well as showing off the whole night elf lore before introducing Nightborne. We would get the same calls from horde elf fans demanding options for the beautiful night elves. But we don’t.

They cast the lots and on the second draw, night elves pulled the short straw. Now I wonder if outside those who sat in the Legion expansion briefing meetings on the profile of the night elves, if any other devs even understand then in the slightest. Seeing most of that staff no longer work there
    well sure, I don't really mind but still the exchange between Nightborne and Void Elves is still imbalanced; I want something more for the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

well sure, I don't really mind but still the exchange between Nightborne and Void Elves is still imbalanced; I want something more for the Horde
    Apart from the glowy hands I wanted and the arcane armor. The Nightborne got more options than the void elves just like the night elves got more options than the blood elves. And I like most of them. Though I still think they could’ve given better new faces.

but glad for the new faces.

Remember this is partly because Thalassian model had a lot more options to begin with compared to the night elf races.

I still wish for night elves to have the skinny frame option because that is what the Nightborne is, while Nightborne get a bulkier option. To be fair, I’ve wanted bulky, average and thin body options for the human like races. Human law have that in Kul’tiran models and the unplayable thin human model based on the forsaken.

I want Nightborne to have access to night elf ears but not the other way round.

I don’t think they should share tattoos or jewellery, but I’d love to see night elves get the glowy star tattoos Tyrande had both as night warrior and as avatar of Elune. Plus maybe a couple more creative variations.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-09-09 at 10:08 AM.

Sir, Nightborne have 3 pages of customization now. Void Elves have 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Sir, Nightborne have 3 pages of customization now. Void Elves have 1.
    Yes it's really startling, they went out fo the way for Night/borne elves - they have the biggest set up of improvements the tow races. Yet it's void elves that steal the show because of the full set of customisations, yet they still have more that needs to be done. The void options are too small, no jewellery options, no tattoos like Alleria. Somehow while high elves may have been a big priority for hte comunity, void elves will lose out without the extra attention to have more void options and other Thalassian features like Jewellery and tattoos. Not to mention more beards etc, a wider range.

Nightborne are really cool now.. really get a sense I'm playing a Highborne night elf. Its much better than before, but it has such an air of night elves in pre0sundering era.

It really is the night elven face, but the style with the jewellery and tattoos, is just os fitting. Part of me really wishes that night elves had a Highborne option that had many of these customisations and Nightborne had a wild option that had the bushier frizzled versions of the night elves (or not).

the thing is with the night elves, there is justification for this because of the highborne and city kaldorei - and the kaldorei is the parent group, so should be broader, whereas the Nightborne are okay not having the wilder options.

Yet I like it as it is too, At the least I have the option for the highborne type night elf via the nightborne, and I can go for for the burlier more spiritual night elf via the Darnassians.

- - - Updated - - -

So? They are lucky, they get a range of unique void elves and high elf things - but it's what fans wanted. They still have an air of poorer blood elves, and should have some more wilder customisations: Like Alleria like tattoos, some bushier and fuller beards

OOh, they look very night elven now, but like a softer, posh version - it fits perfectly.. you guys must be happy.

Dude, no...the only thing different about the Nightborne were the male ears...ofc and they were skinny. Ohyscially. okay I simplify.

You have to know the reason for the appearance changes. Narrow eyes has nothing ot do with the nightwell. The kaldorei had narrow eyes in their original model, all were widened in the transition. The skinny frame was meant to reflect their subsistence on mana, . The nightwell showed very minor changes. a change, but minor, and we believe it wasn't meant to be permanent, the majority of the Nightborne would die - those aligned to the legion, the Nightfallen would be saved and healed into night elves by the Arcan'dor. Notice how originally the female npc model ears were kaldorei, only changed in the last patch of beta legion. Also notice how nightfallen ears were night elven too.

This only changed when they decided allied races would come in Legion, and that Nightborne would be playable.. the story was altered a little bit. Thalyssra was healed back to Nightborne instead o f night elven so she could lead the horde. So really it's the curved up ears and the slightly different skin tones. Very minor.

Anyway, this topic has picked up considerably now it's focusing on Nightborne, the power of getting the horde fanbase involved is undeniable. Welcome to the night elf world, even though half of you refuse to see Nightborne as night elves, still regardless of whether you accept it or not, this is a cool side of hte night elves the horde is lucky to have. I hope it would excite horde players about night elven lore and night elven characteristics explored more.

The pre-sundering night elf era has so much mystery and depth, and i hope they continue to explore the Nightborne in this area to show the side of the kaldorei most of us only had glimpse off in the novels and so far have not seen a peep from the Shen'dralar and restored Highborne order on the alliance. hopefully that will change.. so the two of them can show different facets.. e.g. one shows how a pre-sundering era group fits in as a minority this time round in a more nature revering group with principals of balance and harmony underpinning and much less prestige and dependence on both magic and civilization, while the other explores how the kaldorei empire mindset would thrive in a modern day society with powerful other races no longer being the supreme sole super force, and how the influence of returning druidism and Elunism would impact a largely Highborne cultured section of the group.

There is so much to show about the kaldorei through the Darnassians and Shalassians, it is my hope and sincere desire, that blizzard will do this over time.

I hope you all stick around to enjoy it and get more into it. Can't let the Thalassians dominate the conversation endlessly.
    I accept that the nightborne are "night elves" the name says it. but the nightborne are not kal'dorei they are shal'dorei and thalyssra said it clearly the nightwell changed them.

I can understand that there are night elves players who like the eyes that the nightborne now have but it is a characteristic of the nightborne npcs that the nightborne players asked for for a long time, also the hands and hair with mana effects are still missing.

As was said in a game with so few customization features, we all want our characters to look unique and giving the night elves this option of the nightborne makes the nightborne less unique. So what will we have some night elf customization in exchange? even so I still want unique features that clearly show that they are different because they are. without a doubt we must have hands and hair with mana effects

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I accept that the nightborne are "night elves" the name says it. but the nightborne are not kal'dorei they are shal'dorei and thalyssra said it clearly the nightwell changed them.

I can understand that there are night elves players who like the eyes that the nightborne now have but it is a characteristic of the nightborne npcs that the nightborne players asked for for a long time, also the hands and hair with mana effects are still missing.

As was said in a game with so few customization features, we all want our characters to look unique and giving the night elves this option of the nightborne makes the nightborne less unique. So what will we have some night elf customization in exchange? even so I still want unique features that clearly show that they are different because they are. without a doubt we must have hands and hair with mana effects
    Not sure where you got that I was saying they are kaldorei.. but if you think about, shal'dorei could view themselves as a very specific type of kaldorei that are called shal'dorei, you never hear the Quel'dorei referring to themselves as kaldorei - it's kind of obvious, and their distinctiveness is that they're quel'dorei, the caste they love so much.

We don't even know if this is the case for the shal'dorei.

All we know is just as the void elves are now ren'dorei but an ethnicity of the high elves, so too the nightborne are now Shal'dorei and are aa magically deviated ethnicity of the kaldorei.

That's it, exactly what that means can be debated.. But it's barely relevant to be honest. Void elves are a type of high elf, nightborne are a type of night elf, Highmountain are a type of tauren etc.

To me, eyes and all, they look very night elven, the faces are better too, they used the night elven faces and made htem younger. I like that.. i hope the night elves get younger versions of their existing faces too. But it's nice.

I agree with the uniqueness, but in the case of the elves, I think a way should be found to reflect the options. Nightborne should be able to be bulkier (we should have had body sliders ages ago) and kaldorei kin do work with them, even if they're horde, doesn't stop Farodin and the other neutral night elven groups like the Moonguard and Dreamwardens or some of the Val'Sharah refugees that moved into Suramar from being a part of their ancient city and kin once more regardless of whose faction they are on.

I imagine main Suramar is actually open to both factions , nd is pretty neutral, , the Nighthold is the faction aligned part. I imagine that post legion, night elves and Nightborne alike are intermingling. I can imagine the Arcan'dor has turned some Nightborne to look night elven again, they've gained weight, and the Nightwell changes are reversed or reversing, in others they aren't.. quite mixed really..

Just like alliance members finally got a way to reflect the high elves that were part of their faction always, so to horde members get a way to reflect the Nightborne situation.

It's not for everyone. My "friend" loves high elves, but he has blood elves for that, so he hasn't created a high elf toon yet, preferring his void elves to be as distinct as possible. Most of the void elf NPCs would look void, and I guess the same would be for the Nightborne. Most will prefer to pick that unique look and carry on, but some would like the option to be ab it more involved.

With elves, because of how they did the whole lore - alliance people hat crossed over to the horde, with a mix of both in each camp, they along with Pandaren should have the cross faction functionality. I think players have desired the most for them and no other race.
    Last edited by Mace; 2021-09-11 at 07:28 PM.

To me, eyes and all, they look very night elven, the faces are better too, they used the night elven faces and made htem younger. I like that.. i hope the night elves get younger versions of their existing faces too. But it's nice.
    Their are some features that should be exclusive to each elven race.

Blood Elves being the only ones with "natural-looking" green eyes.
    Night Elves having leaves in their hair
    Nightborne with the narrow eyes
    Void Elves with "void" features.

These are just some examples of what shouldn't be shared, with others.

Nightborne narrow eyes is a core Nightborne feature and should just be for them. It's what Nightborne fans and players have wanted for a long time. (And yes, their are people who do JUST play Nightborne and not night elves.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Their are some features that should be exclusive to each elven race.

Blood Elves being the only ones with "natural-looking" green eyes.
    Night Elves having leaves in their hair
    Nightborne with the narrow eyes
    Void Elves with "void" features.

These are just some examples of what shouldn't be shared, with others.

Nightborne narrow eyes is a core Nightborne feature and should just be for them. It's what Nightborne fans and players have wanted for a long time. (And yes, their are people who do JUST play Nightborne and not night elves.)
    Green and gold eyes for blood elves only
    Tentacles and void features for void elves only
    Leaf and vines for night elves only
    Glowy hands and chin guard features for Nightborne only.

night elves had their eyes narrowed in an update in BFA at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Green and gold eyes for blood elves only
    Tentacles and void features for void elves only
    Leaf and vines for night elves only
    Glowy hands and chin guard features for Nightborne only.

night elves had their eyes narrowed in an update in BFA at some point.
    If they have, they aren't "Nightborne narrow eyes."

Weren't noticed by the Nightborne community, as they knew what they wanted and Blizzard delivered.

Plus, night elves can use golden eyes now.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-09-11 at 08:13 PM.

If they have, they aren't "Nightborne narrow eyes."

Weren't noticed by the Nightborne community, as they knew what they wanted and Blizzard delivered.

Plus, night elves can use golden eyes now.
    So arcane Tattoos for Night Elfs and High Elfs next? Also, Night Born jewelry can be shared then since only these narrow eye is their only defining features. Lets also share their skin colors... Oh wait lets talk about hair styles... I guess we can share these as well.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-09-11 at 08:30 PM.

Some Nightborne hairstyles are pretty nice.

And I do hope Night Elves get more tattoo options. Females need body tattoos, at least.

Males need facial and body tattoos separated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    So arcane Tattoos for Night Elfs and High Elfs next? Also, Night Born jewelry can be shared then since only these narrow eye is their only defining features. Lets also share their skin colors... Oh wait lets talk about hair styles... I guess we can share these as well.
    I was talking about the core main feature that many Nightborne fans have been calling for.

The narrow eyes were a staple feature that many wanted, since 2018.

Obviously, we've got other things that can't be shared, but due to how loosely Blizzard is swapping things between Blood Elves and Void Elves, I'd just like the Horde and Alliance Darnassian Elves to remain different.

I was talking about the core main feature that many Nightborne fans have been calling for.

The narrow eyes were a staple feature that many wanted, since 2018.

Obviously, we've got other things that can't be shared, but due to how loosely Blizzard is swapping things between Blood Elves and Void Elves, I'd just like the Horde and Alliance Darnassian Elves to remain different.
    As I demonstrated, Night Elfs always had them. People just stopped asking for stuff that was lost with the new model after Blizzard ignored all suggestion by the community (and there was more broken stuff that needed fixing)
    They both still look different enough and we get more face options which make nelf faces more distinct from each other.

Not sure where you got that I was saying they are kaldorei.. but if you think about, shal'dorei could view themselves as a very specific type of kaldorei that are called shal'dorei, you never hear the Quel'dorei referring to themselves as kaldorei - it's kind of obvious, and their distinctiveness is that they're quel'dorei, the caste they love so much.
    There is so much to show about the kaldorei through the Darnassians and Shalassians, it is my hope and sincere desire, that blizzard will do this over time.
    The shal'dorei were changed by the nightwell and the nightwell even now continues to exist, it will take a while for it to disappear and the physical changes of thousands of years will not disappear. I like that the shaldorei are unique and that they have unique things that make them look different that is the good thing that they are another race of elves.
    Suramar is the racial capital of the nightborne and as we see in the short story of lorthemar and thalyssra the city seems to be much better now. Hopefully in the future we can have the option to see a summation only with friendly npcs