Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    I think SL was the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people.
    well sure... and so was BFA, and legion, and WOD, and MOP, and CATA, and wrath, and BC, and some patches of vanila...
    people are quiting the game as long as it exists... important thing is how much actualy quit permanently, and considering last few expansion had rising thrend on sales it doesnt look like its more now than before...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-09-07 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Let's be real, most of the quitters and streamers will be back next expansion when all the hype comes in. That's why I can't take all these streamers serious (Asmongold, Preach, Bellullar, etc.) when they say they are most likely done with WoW. We all know when the next expansion cinematic comes and the hype is off the charts they will all come crawling back again. They cannot escape the WoW cycle.

This is not only streamers but majority of the quitters as well. I have seen this happen too many times to count.
    Asmongold hasn't said he's done with WoW... and Bellullar still plays... and for others yes of course they will be back for the next expansion. With everything that's gone on around Blizzard right now, I do feel a lot of them wanna distance themselves for a while and I am okay with that. Shadowlands is under a massive 'yikes' cloud right now. And aside from that alot of people just are not enjoying it and if you are thats fine, not all WoW streamers have quit. Just like not all of us normal players have quit. This sint some fad that streamers are hopping onto, fact is the game just isn't fun for a lot of people right now and the recent events around Blizzard haven't helped much either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well sure...
    so was BFA, and legion, and WOD, and MOP, and CATA, and wrath, and BC, and some patches of vanila...
    people are quiting the game as long as it exists... important thing is how much actualy quit permanently
    Well judging from the sub numbers since Cata we can see how many have quit permanently, and the facts state more people seem to be quitting than joining with expansion releases usualyl showing small bumps, with a quick fall. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Sha of Envy is gaining strength...

Let's be real, most of the quitters and streamers will be back next expansion when all the hype comes in. That's why I can't take all these streamers serious (Asmongold, Preach, Bellullar, etc.) when they say they are most likely done with WoW. We all know when the next expansion cinematic comes and the hype is off the charts they will all come crawling back again. They cannot escape the WoW cycle.

This is not only streamers but majority of the quitters as well. I have seen this happen too many times to count.
    I think your afraid that your game is in it's worst state ever.

Yes some people will come back, others wont. That probably depends on what blizzard does going forward with the game? I know for me I quit in BFA cuz that was complete dogshit of a game. Came back to Shadowlands only to find it more of the same, after getting KSM in retail I went and played classic and watched them ruin that, so i quit and i am NEVER coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all of them. And every failure will bring less and less back until the shows all over.

Good on you. Then stay the hell out the game and leave it for the rest of it who enjoy it. I am glad the streamers and their trash followers are gone

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Lol, no nor did I imply it. Try again.
    And yet looking back at what you said you did imply that, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    And yet looking back at what you said you did imply that, weird.
    No I didn’t. As I said, try again.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Why does it matter what the streamers do?
    The amount of people who left WoW and joined FFXIV when Asmongold joined FFXIV ... forced Square Enix to temporarily suspend sales because they couldn't fit more people on their servers.
    I think I answered your question.

Nopes. Been playing since TBC, quit for good in February... primarily because I'm just bored of WoW after playing for so long. Deleted my characters, gave away my gold to ensure I commit.

The recent lawsuit has certainly cemented my stance of never returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Streamers will return to check out new WoW patches, but it will no longer be this "blind adherence to the path" from now on, because just as you say people will return for patches/expansions, but they will also fuck off the moment Blizzard BS spins out of control again -OR- simply when FF14 will have its own patch/expansion.

Ultimately, it's not great news for WoW, that enjoyed exclusivity from prominent streamers and players. Yes, Limit and such guys going FF14 is not doing it any favors either.

Ultimately I see this as culmination of Blizzard arrogance and incompetence. Is this the omg end of WoW like some claim, lol no, but it's not going to get a blank check from the community going forward either - just the right instrument of pressure been found and it works.
    I can't put it better myself. While it's sad that WoW is no longer in its prestigious position, it can be a good thing if the WoW Dev team becomes more humble, modest, and communicative.

not sure about that.

for 3 reasons:

1)
    if you are REALLY out of something, most of the time you not come back. because stuff moved on, you got new online friends, new games, new things to do. since there are other good things out there, besides wow, mostly the hardest step is to even leave wow. but if you are out, chances are rather good, you dont coming back.

2)
    if next xpac looks like „more of the same“ like BfA or SL, that ppl will not come back. in fear of getting disapointed and feeling stupid. and because of the fact that exactly that type of game design driven them away. why should they return for the same thing they left?

3)
    best bet ppl coming back is: curiousity. ppl are „just curious“ and wanna see if they miss something, if something changed, etc. this ends in > 80% in a disapointment and they quit soon again, because if there is nothing super new or nothing super nice, ppl go like „ok still same shit“. its like sex with ex. you think: lets try again. and soon you remember why it ended.

even when the next xpac is super new and totally fine, its rather hard to get ppl back, that really „ended their wow carrer“. they just not wanna start again. so an xpac must really be suuuuper good, to get them back. thats why its super dangerous to loose longterm loyal customers.

that said, i have to add: blizzard dont really care that much about this problem since years. they no longer target longterm loyal customers, since many years. they changed their philosophy, because in a game like wow and the fact that ppl getting older and getting family, that concept didnt work out. so they switched their concept. and cause of that Blizz is not that much feared of longtime players leaving and never coming back. they simply make their profit in another way (smart cash grab systems, stretching revenues, cost effective development, just a few bigger patches, milk the cow, wow classic, milking some kids for 2-3 months, and so on). Blizzard is more focused on rotating steadily ppl through wow for 2-3 months. cause „every day a new 16 year old kid is born“. thats why they not prevented that huge player loss before even release SL, by investing in a real good xpac. blizz just uses a diffrent monetizing path for wow (like many others out there do too).

so, no. i dont believe many of the quitters really coming back (at least not for long).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well sure... and so was BFA, and legion, and WOD, and MOP, and CATA, and wrath, and BC, and some patches of vanila...
    people are quiting the game as long as it exists... important thing is how much actualy quit permanently, and considering last few expansion had rising thrend on sales it doesnt look like its more now than before...
    you both are right. for a lot of ppl i.e. WotlK was the final nail in the coffin (that „Wotlk is the natural end of the wow story“ faction). but them leaved and others came. this is same true for every xpac (i.e. MoP „omg pandas i am out“).

just to be the final nail in the coffin for one person, doesnt mean there dont start another person (or coming back).

so, imo, you are both right.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-08 at 04:09 AM.

I really don't care what streamers do
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Ofcourse people will check out 10.0. Doesn't mean they will stick around, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Asmongold, Preach, and Bellular have been upfront that WoW isn't pulling them anywhere near as many views as compared to a few years ago and that they have to diversify what they do if they want to keep streaming.
    Honestly, it might also be because watching people just bitch is getting old.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.