Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Conduit Energy Hotfixed

Conduit Energy Hotfixed
    Conduit Energy has been hotfixed on live servers and now refills at the rate of 10 per day. EU servers will get this hotfix tomorrow, after the weekly maintenance.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I just noticed my energy (Which was at 0 this morning), is now capped (all 10 crystals).

They must have just hot-fixed this, can anyone confirm?

I am so excited that I can finally start playing the game. Thank you!

Hello.

It’s confirmed that a hotfix was deployed that made Conduit energy refill at the rate of 10 per day. It was previously 1 per day.

It looks like the hotfix needed realm restarts to take effect, so now that all realms in this region have been restarted with maintenance, everyone should be seeing the results.

Please note that the tooltip has not been updated. Nonetheless, all Conduit energy should refill each day with the daily reset.

9 months overdue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Conduit Energy Hotfixed
    Conduit Energy has been hotfixed on live servers and now refills at the rate of 10 per day. EU servers will get this hotfix tomorrow, after the weekly maintenance.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I just noticed my energy (Which was at 0 this morning), is now capped (all 10 crystals).

They must have just hot-fixed this, can anyone confirm?

I am so excited that I can finally start playing the game. Thank you!

Hello.

It’s confirmed that a hotfix was deployed that made Conduit energy refill at the rate of 10 per day. It was previously 1 per day.

It looks like the hotfix needed realm restarts to take effect, so now that all realms in this region have been restarted with maintenance, everyone should be seeing the results.

Please note that the tooltip has not been updated. Nonetheless, all Conduit energy should refill each day with the daily reset.

Lol.

So they are completely removing it in 9.1.5 so it becomes 100% non-issue... so now they make it a 90% non-issue.

...why not just remove it now instead of waiting for the next patch. Doesn't make sense. Welcomed hotfix, sure. But if they felt they needed to implement a hotfix now to still deal with this shitty system, instead of holding out to their previously announced change, clearly they should have just removed it now... right?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Lol.
    ...why not just remove it now instead of waiting for the next patch. Doesn't make sense. Welcomed hotfix, sure. But if they felt they needed to implement a hotfix now to still deal with this shitty system, instead of holding out to their previously announced change, clearly they should have just removed it now... right?
    Changing a single value (rate of refill) is very easy. removing the code for the whole program is clearly not something they can do without issuing a patch and they DO NOT patch the game for trivial stuff like this, especially when there is a PTR with the official code change in place and being tested.

The goal of removing conduit energy is so that players can swap as much as they want right? Changing the replenishment rate NOW helps accomplish that goal fast and is an outside the box move that we should be encouraging them to do more of. Don't be so negative

10+ Year Old Account
    Because changing a rate is a simple atomic change. Removing it completely has to impact things like the UI, the conduit socketing code that uses the energy, covenant swapping most likely, and probably other stuff.

I'm just surprised they didn't change the rate to 1 refill per second. (Maybe the code that refills it only run every 24 hours... *shrug* )
    But this is a decent change regardless.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol.

So they are completely removing it in 9.1.5 so it becomes 100% non-issue... so now they make it a 90% non-issue.

10 years of this forum and still you have no idea simple UI change can break 10 things in WoW?

It still blows my mind people change out conduits that often for it to even be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    It still blows my mind people change out conduits that often for it to even be an issue.
    The goal for blizzard was that most people would feel the need to swap conduits often enough that conduit energy was an issue. This didn't happen for most of the playerbase due to the usual complete lack of balancing changes which caused most ppl to never need to swap anything around.

define often.

i currenty have to choose between a single target and aoe conduit in one of the slots. if i were to say, change to singletarget for my raid and back to aoe when raid was over, with 3 raids a week you are already pretty much at your weekly regen. not that outrageous cause i change a couple talents before and after the raid too.

and i'm really the exception in my guild with changing it so little, half a dozen people change talents and what not on a per boss basis so i'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more "summon me changing conduitds" in the patch. (or were they making it so you can change everywhere too?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    10 years of this forum and still you have no idea simple UI change can break 10 things in WoW?

I suppose that's a fair-ish point, although it's most always an exception and not the rule. Although it has happened more often than not in WoW, a UI change should not be breaking 10 things in-game.

Main problem is if you wanna use same soulbind for two specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    Changing a single value (rate of refill) is very easy. removing the code for the whole program is clearly not something they can do without issuing a patch and they DO NOT patch the game for trivial stuff like this, especially when there is a PTR with the official code change in place and being tested.

The goal of removing conduit energy is so that players can swap as much as they want right? Changing the replenishment rate NOW helps accomplish that goal fast and is an outside the box move that we should be encouraging them to do more of. Don't be so negative

I'm not being negative.

Im glad that champ payed for a game, which by his own words, was unti now unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.

You're the type of person that thinks that retail workers just have "extra stock" in the back if the shelves are empty, don't you?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post

The conduit issue is "trivial" stuff? Just a week ago they finally addressed that conduit energy is a major issue and the player-base was right while it has yelled for it to be removed since the beta. But sure, it's trivial, I guess that's why we had to wait for it ONE YEAR. If a core system is trivial in their eyes then I have no words anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...People actually change their conduits?

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    ...People actually change their conduits?
    Have we just been playing wrong? The conduits were important? Can someone send me a guide on when I need to swap Conduits? I don't want my raid leader to be mad at me for having low DPS due to a conduit decision.

Do we change it like every boss? I don't recall anyone else ever leaving raid to change them. Am I wrong to go replenish my Cheeto bucket during the 10 minute break we do take during raid? Was that the time when we change conduits?

Cause you don't know how game design and implementation of those changes actually works. This change was simple to remove it all together takes a bigger change and more finesse so it doesn't break anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I am so excited that I can finally start playing the game. Thank you!"

This is a great change but really it didn't stop anyone from playing the game...the lack of content did for me.

Neat. It is nice to see them actively changing issues rather then just writing them off till a patch.