Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    OP thinks F R E S H will leave all the minmaxers in TBC, but it’s literally the opposite. The only people interested in Fresh are 1) people who missed out on Classic the first time and don’t like TBC for some reason, and 2) private server fresh server junkies who will minmax as much as possible.
    And, you know, people that love vanilla wow.

Was there some official info about fresh classic servers?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    How you think that will be achieved? The community has changed for ever. You cannot reproduce what used to be.
    Who knows, maybe they will force everyone to use low resolutions and throttle everyones internet to be more like the old days. Hard to be mad at other players when you keep disconnecting!

How you think that will be achieved? The community has changed for ever. You cannot reproduce what used to be.
    If anything, classic is now what it was for me all those years ago. There are quite alot of active players in classic, atleast on my server, right now. Its all laid back, people help eachother and theres a general nice tone. I do enjoy the slow leveling, taking my time. I can travel across continents just to help one guildie/friend out with quests, and so do they.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Who knows, maybe they will force everyone to use low resolutions and throttle everyones internet to be more like the old days. Hard to be mad at other players when you keep disconnecting!
    Blizzard will ship 20 old PC setups to everyone that subs to wow classic!

People are always so black and white. In classic you of course had a lot of min maxers, but there were a lot of laid back people and guilds too. You have both. I played an insane amount of Wow classic and my 2 characters were a night elf rogue and warrior. I never did any speed run raiding and was never denied any groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strixer View Post
    So it's likely we will get fresh Classic and this time around community will be like 2005 WoW. We all saw how retailers ruined Classic with min/max culture so raids were filled with 20 warriors and 10 mages. In addition they brought toxic addons like Weakaura and such that doesn't belong to Classic.
    This time around they will stay in TBC and hopefully possible fresh won't be toxic min/max.
    I can't wait for healthy community that doesn't cry when we wipe or yell "go go" and doesn't mind if BRD takes 4 hours to clear.
    This post is.. sarcasm.. right?

Sarcasm doesn't translate well but people tend to do /s at the end, no?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    People are always so black and white. In classic you of course had a lot of min maxers, but there were a lot of laid back people and guilds too. You have both. I played an insane amount of Wow classic and my 2 characters were a night elf rogue and warrior. I never did any speed run raiding and was never denied any groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    in last 2years of classic, on both heavy servers like firemaw & faerlina, Both servers had more casual guilds than min-maxer guilds and those casual guilds did not raid with world buffs in any phase & still cleared full content except last 4~5boss's in naxx. So min-maxers who push themself for this old game? are just wasting effort over nothing.

Also a statement to many young people who apparently never played vanilla! i was no lifer in vanilla so i made alot of characters in different servers (neptulon-mazrigos-magthridon-kazzak) in low pop server like mazrigos? u would find everyone is casual, on servers like magthridon-kazzak u could find alot of min-maxers YES In 2005~2006 i've seen guilds always using world buffs for aq40 at early 2006 and even in trade chat some people was selling the head buffs, also there was ALOT of raid item sells on those heavy/full servers, such things did not spread to the whole world community / servers because social sharing wasn't great back in the day! but on server like neptulon? i've seen some top guilds using improved tactics which is different from what most used in vanilla, those tactics is exactly the same you're using now in classic! so everything you know in classic? been a thing in vanilla, it wasn't created or improved in past 14years! It was just spread'd out.
    And speaking about pc / internet? you must be so young if u think that game was laggy in 2005, it was only laggy for those poor people who can't afford normal pc, high tech PC in 2004 could still run wow in high option on 1024x768 30fps and that was so smooth, Only very few people from fail country was had less fps than 10 & you thought everyone was like that :S also regarding the internet? there was 2MB DSL back in 2004 that was enough to make your game run with 30MS i've never faced lag or dc'd or dropped fps while playing vanilla and i wasn't rich, i was just working and bought the standard PC's for it's year. last thing i wanna say, i've friended more than 50player in vanilla, we shared alot of staffs on msn, i've traveled and met some of them irl, and everyone was +20, they're now almost 40! so if i have to say 3x facts?
    -the majority of vanilla players was at older age than the age of current classic majority (most played to make friends and to do random fun)
    -most people did have stable fps of 30 with MS under 50 (Non bothered to record game play so i guess only poor kids did record and this is why only fail videos existed)
    -every single abuse/tactic/idea in current classic? existed back in vanilla, i even know some exploits in vanilla which i've never seen in classic atm, ofc i wouldn't even reveal my secrets! cus i wanna abuse them alone :P
    we long lost gems of the past players, never cared about fame! we just played to socialize. but you kids? now play just for RMT & some useless fake fame which is pointless in non-a new game.
    Last edited by Azx; 2021-09-08 at 04:35 PM.

I have no reason to doubt you but explain me this: How the hell are people acting so nice in classic and pretty much the exact same people are complete twats in retail?

I really don't think its different players playing both. Still there is something about retail that brings the worst up in people and this is something to look into because half of the bad retail experience is how the community behaves.
    If I had to take a stab at this...classic isn't as competitive at the evergreen level it's at now. At this point most people who care are done with PvE on their second alt by now or already moved on to BC

Can also assume classic requires a certain mindset to play at the evergreen level so everyone just already has it

I have no reason to doubt you but explain me this: How the hell are people acting so nice in classic and pretty much the exact same people are complete twats in retail?

I really don't think its different players playing both. Still there is something about retail that brings the worst up in people and this is something to look into because half of the bad retail experience is how the community behaves.
    Good question! I've thought about that many times and I think it probably got to do with the game design. Classic in itself requiers more time(atleast the leveling) and it encourages group play from the get go. You can quest alone, but its worth grouping up. You can skip many difficult quests while leveling, but its worth getting a grp. You can skip the dungeons easily, but its worth getting a grp. Just to get to the dungeon is a group effort, everyone gotta travel.

When at max level, you need to join up with 25/40 other people to get better gear. You cant spam 5 man dungeons(m+ in retail) with a endless pool of players to take from to gear up.

the game overall is more relaxed and open minded and in a sense, it slow everything down. Thats why certain segment of the classic playerbase have turned to "timed raids" were they clear fast as possible.

Also - the game in itself is not really difficult. Its easy enough, straightforward to understand(most of it) and at the same time it values group/team effort.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW - anyone know why I cant find the classic era version of wow on the blizz launcher?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would the community be any different? Is it coming with a mind wipe as well?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Come on Blizzard, share a release date already!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I just loooove how "Classic will be the best thing ever" got switched to "fresh Classic will be the best thing ever".
    I so, so wish there was a like button on this board...........
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by strixer View Post
    Tryhards will stay in TBC and not follow fresh.
    Wouldn't the really sweaty tryhards play both? Sort of their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    OP thinks F R E S H will leave all the minmaxers in TBC, but it’s literally the opposite. The only people interested in Fresh are 1) people who missed out on Classic the first time and don’t like TBC for some reason, and 2) private server fresh server junkies who will minmax as much as possible.
    Kinda agree here, the guild I was in on TBC classic is super hyped for classic fresh and they were 20 warriors who became warlocks/hunters for tbc. The OP is in for a shock if he thinks it will be any different than what it was before.

This sounds like forever chasing nostalgia trying to get back a feeling.

I would say move on. The world has changed, life has changed, games have changed and most importantly you have changed.

2005 was awesome and should surely be treasured, but its just a distant nostalgic memory.

my experience has been the oposite honestly,people in classic have been very toxic and rude in my experience,wile in retail people seem to mostly dont give a shit,granted in retail you tend to live in your own bubble and are kinda protected from random interactions that matter

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    This sounds like forever chasing nostalgia trying to get back a feeling.

I would say move on. The world has changed, life has changed, games have changed and most importantly you have changed.

2005 was awesome and should surely be treasured, but its just a distant nostalgic memory.
    Apart from that, we enjoyed our trip back to nostalgia and 2019 and 2020 and we really had a blast in Classic, but we do not want to play Classic again. We would rather stick to TBC and WotLK and so does the vast majority of the player base. Don't get fooled by the vocal tiny minority of Fresh devourers.

Describes my retail experience completely. Haven't talked to anyone outside my guild for around 4 years now. Unless its discord so you can give hell to idiots with impunity. WoW sterilized its community so much it stopped being a community simply because anything you say WILL be held against you.

But again, calling an idiot an idiot when they do something idiotic is not toxic. Letting the idiot stay idiot and ruin everyone's game is the actual toxicity. Blizzard simply wants everyone to pretend everything is good and fine and we re all friends. In turn the community self-isolates in the biggest self-isolation experiment ever including covid social distancing.

If someone plays bad and you can't do nothing about it the game simply changes into a solo game.
    Right,but the thing is...i was called every nasty word in the book about myself/my mother/family/etc in classic,because i simply tagged a mob another player had it in their head was ''theirs'',or for needing on a cloth item wile lvling as a resto shaman,or have been told to ''go back to retail'' by...both factions lol

in retail these things simply dont exist,i have no doubt people in both versions are just as shity,its just that in retail you are shielded from these interactons ever coming up

Like yourself i have been with the same core group of people since mop,in mop as a dps i would enter a heroic as a dps and just run ahead of the tank pull everything and nuke it,and i was praised for it,in classic if i even DARE pull a mob for the tank they often go mentaly berserk

Isn't it a little too soon for classic nostalgia?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of these comments act like a lot of stuff community related did not happen back in the day.

For example min/maxing was a thing back in the day and everyone did it. No one went oh look a better item I better not get that I wanna keep this item. People also rejected based on class and spec from joining dungeon groups even if it didn't matter just because they wanted a smoother faster clear. Boosting was a thing in vanilla but it was a lot smaller and was normally done with friends helping each other, people back then were less willing to pay for a service they could easily do on their own and since people are so much better at the game now the boosting speed is insanely faster.

The only way we can have a game like we did before is if everyone just ignores all the info on the internet and they redo all the gear and balance between specs so we have to discover it all over again which will never happen. Gear progression through patches as well as the talent specs played a big role in why some classes like feral druids tanking were considered bad. We got the final patch where things like bear had a lot more increased armor percent, gear had actual DPS stats on it instead of being a rainbow of stats.

The most enjoyable part was being horde on Heartseeker during phase 2. Being outnumbered 2:1 and still destroying the alliance. We would run around in 5 man groups and farm alliance in larger groups. Once an area got to alliance heavy we would move. We watched streams of the other side and the rage they got when we were in Felwood and they /who us on their lvl 1 horde alts to see where we went and they see we were in EPL and they complain how OP it is we can teleport across world in an instant. Call us cowards for running away from their 40 man raid when we are a 5 man group. There were so few horde in the world that they had to follow our group around till they got their daily limit. When we would boat camp in Menethil was amazing too we found out if you released and got resed as boat left you were honorless this would make the alliance leave the boat as getting 0 honor is bad when you are trying to farm, we could farm monster amounts of honor in a short amount of time.