Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, BfA's first 3 weeks are easily my favourite moment in WoW (personally, if we talk about general atmosphere in community, I will say Legion launch). War Mode was awesome, Zandalar was great (best introduction to first raid in history) and when I started my Alliance alt week later I had completely new experience.

Problems started around warfront launch when it was clear BfA needed like 2 more months in Beta, Warfronts/war campaign/azerite were a mess, also novelty wear off and we were left with badly designed progression systems.

Also hype and promotion were great. Only misstep was Sylvanas warbringer (surprise, surprise), but Jaina, Old Soldier, TV commercials created massive hype, I think it would sell much more boxes than SL in same circumstances.
    I think the problem with BfA for me was that there was no consistent theme apparent throughout. Ostensibly the entire expansion is about naval superiority, but such a conflict is never established beyond the game placing your primary mission hub on a boat.
    The War Campaign is more preoccupied with shoehorning in a conflict in each of the opposing faction zones than actually furthering the story, in hindsight I can only remember a single war campaign mission that moved the plot forwards in a way that is apparent, that being when you attach bombs on the bottom of the Zandalari ships.

Obviously there are other problems, but for me at least the lack of naval stuff in an expansion dealing with naval countries felt like a missed opportunity.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    @Marlamin new build later today?
    As if I know this kind of thing beforehand. However, PTRs are down, so good chance.

Patch notes are up. BOA Ember Court stuff (that you can help your friends with!), buyable Renown up to 40 and buyable BOA slot specific gear among other things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Redeemed Souls

Rescuing Souls within Torghast, Tower of the Damned now earn credit for “Return Lost Souls.”
    Now this, this is useful.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Now this, this is useful.
    Yeah, this quest is like water drop torture. Looks easy, but doing it every week.. ugh. Those fast 500 Anima though.

Fan speculation.
    Its dragon themed islands, so people want them to float.

Would also give us a rather unique continent, as we never really had proper floating islands.

Nobody even considers the old concept art anymore, for one we only have that one single piece of art and its almost 2 decades old.
    It's outdated and barely worth taking into account, especially as the only thing it portrays is a single building along an empty shoreline.
    All of Outlands is literally a floating continent. Just trade out the Twisting Nether/Galaxy sky box for clouds and land/sea painting down in the distance.

I'm not saying that the "Dragon Isles" honestly shouldn't be a floating continent in the sky, in fact I would adore that if it were the size and scale as large as a FULL continent instead of completely disconnected like the Shadowlands zones, but it also has been done already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    All of Outlands is literally a floating continent.
    The concept isn't the same.

One is a giant mass of land (with edges) from a dead world in space, the other is an actual island with Azerothian biomes floating above the sea.
    Something akin to this
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-09-08 at 09:19 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

The concept isn't the same.

One is a giant mass of land (with edges) in space, the other is an actual island with Azerothian biomes floating above the sea.
    Something akin to this
    I would prefer something more like Skyloft from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, but on a WoW continent scale. Would make way more sense than just having it hover just above an ocean (That is way too close to just having very high cliffs with no beaches as a continent sprouting from the ocean). You fall, you plummet to Azeroth below and die. OR you get saved my some plot mechanic like the Kyrians if you jump off Bastion.

I think Dragon Hunters is a pretty obvious inspiration too for a Dragon Isle

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    I would prefer something more like Skyloft from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, but on a WoW continent scale. Would make way more sense than just having it hover just above an ocean (That is way too close to just having very high cliffs with no beaches as a continent sprouting from the ocean). You fall, you plummet to Azeroth below and die. OR you get saved my some plot mechanic like the Kyrians if you jump off Bastion.
    They'd need a reason as to why they would float tho, the obvious reason would be a titan facility which are inherently tied to the planet.

I'd rather have a smaller, regular island with the entrance to the facility on the surface and the other islands floating around it, going higher and higher.

Formerly known as Arafal

I'd rather have a smaller, regular island with the entrance to the facility on the surface and the other islands floating around it, going higher and higher.
    Yeah, this is how I would imagine it

What people don't realize is that the reason the Dragon Isles are hard to find is that the earthquakes from the Cataclysm buried them under the sea floor and now they're underground islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Aaaaaaaaa

Divine Steed for LF draenei? Finally.

https://marlamin.com/u/Oif2voVcTd.png]
    Yeah Blizzard can fuck off with that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I don't know if i like it ending with ath, doesn't feel like a dreanei name.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    I don't know if i like it ending with ath, doesn't feel like a dreanei name.
    I like the "Ered" part of an Eredar city, but yeah ath is kinda weird for the ending.

Ered makes sense and lines up with other WoW racial home names, but dath sound wacky.

Don't care though because the Talbuk mount is incredible.