Thread: [TV] Ted Lasso

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] Ted Lasso

This is a brilliant heart warming TV show.

it is about an American football coach that comes to train a 'rest of the world' football team in England.

you do not need to be interested in ROTW football to watch it, it is just about a nice guy trying to help people.

i think they are on season two (maybe three) now but there are six episodes per season andabout 25 mins an episode so easy to catch up.

after most episodes i have a huge smile on my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also following it, great fun overall, but a bit formulaic. Definitely worth checking out though.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aye - such a great change from all the dark and doomy tv shows out there. If you're sick of the nihilistic 'world sucks and we all suck until the end' type of shows - then gotta get this show in your life.

Fun and heartwarming - and great one-liners in every episode! ADULT level humor (not a family friendly, for the kids, type of tv show). And aye, as the OP said, need not have any interest in sports at all to enjoy (or understand) the show.

Do need to have Apple+ subscription though.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

2nd season just ended really well and set up the third.

just a really nice show

Still one episode left this season.

oh thats great, i look forward to it tomorrow then, i assumed six episodes i suppose we all know what assuming does though

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    oh thats great, i look forward to it tomorrow then, i assumed six episodes i suppose we all know what assuming does though
    Isn't it out on Fridays? Or well it is on Fridays in the UK anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Isn't it out on Fridays? Or well it is on Fridays in the UK anyway.
    once again you were right, Friday AM. Also seems there is another episode next week.

this is the first episode i have disliked 2,7. didnt feel like a ted lasso episode

once again you were right, Friday AM. Also seems there is another episode next week.

this is the first episode i have disliked 2,7. didnt feel like a ted lasso episode
    Yeah, it seems there are 12 episodes this season! Excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's it rated, is it formatted for general audiences or mature?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Honest Trailers described the main character as "a golden retriever humping a motivational poster until Ned Flanders popped out" - so yeah, it's a very lighthearted comedy, not mature

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I just googled and it said TV-MA, not sure what that is though! Mature maybe?

There is lots of swearing and also sexual references, I don't think nudity or violence though.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just googled and it said TV-MA, not sure what that is though! Mature maybe?

There is lots of swearing and also sexual references, I don't think nudity or violence though.
    Yes its DEFINITELY mature - this show is NOT for kids. Or at least, not for kids/teens whose parents don't want to have to explain all the sexual jokes and sexual content.

Its not violent and no nudity - but the sexual innuendo, jokes, and outright content (open/obvious female masturbation is one scene I remember, but no she wasn't nude) make this not 'ok' as family viewing for most families. Its not normal 'prime time US TV' family content - the sexual innuendo is not covert or rare.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Yes its DEFINITELY mature - this show is NOT for kids. Or at least, not for kids/teens whose parents don't want to have to explain all the sexual jokes and sexual content.

Its not violent and no nudity - but the sexual innuendo, jokes, and outright content (open/obvious female masturbation is one scene I remember, but no she wasn't nude) make this not 'ok' as family viewing for most families. Its not normal 'prime time US TV' family content - the sexual innuendo is not covert or rare.
    fair enough.

im not sure when but i certainly knew about most of the things in the tv show by my teens

i suppose i wouldnt take parental advice from me though :P

This show was being recommended to me along with Archer to an obnoxious degree

I saw like half the first season of Ted Lasso. It was okay. Good acting but the humor doesn't tickle me and the context of the drama is a total bore.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    fair enough.

im not sure when but i certainly knew about most of the things in the tv show by my teens

i suppose i wouldnt take parental advice from me though :P
    LOL - oh I knew about all of the things in the show by my teens, too.

But that doesn't mean my parents would have thought it a good idea to 'family watch' a comedy of this flavor when I was 13/14. 18 sure. =D

Just didn't want someone to think "oh this is like other family friendly sitcoms on prime time in the US" and sit down with their 8 year old only to find out ummm... no it really isn't =D. Some episodes you can go the whole show and yea it would be fine, but some episodes you'd spend half the show covering the 8yo's ears and/or explaining a few jokes the parents aren't ready to explain. (lol)
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I saw like half the first season of Ted Lasso. It was okay. Good acting but the humor doesn't tickle me and the context of the drama is a total bore.
    same, it's pretty inoffensive so I can't say I don't enjoy it a little bit but honestly there are much funnier shows out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

also to @uuuhname (hopefully got it right)

the reason i didnt watch this when it first came out was the advertising made it look like a really OTT stereotype comedy of an overly loud american coming to england and fixing everything (please note i dont think that is what americans are like, almost like a gross out comedy style OTT, king ralph maybe)

having watched it i dont even consider it a comedy, more a drama about a nice guy trying to help people. it gives me the same type of feeling as the boy, the mole, the horse and the fox but on a much much lesser scale .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81b4i9jQhck

@Koriani hah thats cool mate im glad that someone came in to correct me, i have no idea with kids

also to @uuuhname (hopefully got it right)

the reason i didnt watch this when it first came out was the advertising made it look like a really OTT stereotype comedy of an overly loud american coming to england and fixing everything (please note i dont think that is what americans are like, almost like a gross out comedy style OTT, king ralph maybe)

having watched it i dont even consider it a comedy, more a drama about a nice guy trying to help people. it gives me the same type of feeling as the boy, the mole, the horse and the fox but on a much much lesser scale .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81b4i9jQhck

@Koriani hah thats cool mate im glad that someone came in to correct me, i have no idea with kids
    Ted Lasso is a comedy-drama. I just didn't find either to my taste. Wasn't for me.