Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Hints at wowhead...https://www.wowhead.com/news/return-...amining-324115

What do you think? Recolors? Black fire DH glaives????
    According to the article you linked, the reward might be recolors of mythic Tomb of Sargeras sets which have been datamined
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Sure I main a class now that I did not during Legion, so I would unlock it. Then again I have not bothered to unlock all the other artifact appearances on my current class either, so not like it's something I am passionate about.

Brewmaster 2h artifact staff is really cool though, as it's the only weapon in the game to my knowledge that hold the weapon over the shoulder. Very cool. But the basic "Chen Stormstout" version looks best anyway.

I think the main value of Mage Tower was how cool the transmogs beating it was. The challenge itself was OK, but if you did it on enough specs you saw a lot of repetition and at the end of the expansion it was pretty easily outgeared.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2021-09-09 at 04:53 AM.

I'm wondering if the recolored Tier sets might be for people who already got all 36 unlocks.

I'm hoping they do bring back the weapon xmogs though. I only got a little more than half during legion, and unfortunately you can't unlock different tints of those unless you use the original character for it... and for me thats on a dead server where I'm not sure half my original characters are even still active. This would fix a lot of things for me if it ends up being true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    According to the article you linked, the reward might be recolors of mythic Tomb of Sargeras sets which have been datamined
    ohhhhhhhh, then Blizzard needs to try better.

It's possible that the mage tower challenges will reward both the base xmog and the recolor of tomb gear to encourage people who already did them to do them again.

I don't really want to do them again tbh.. well certainly not the annoying ones like the tank, healer and xylem (as a non-dh) challenge. Agatha and twin terrors would be okay I guess, they were easy enough. Sigrun is not exactly high on my list either. Well heres hope that you can do them on any spec for the mog, because again, fuck doing the tank and healer challenges again.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I don't really want to do them again tbh.. well certainly not the annoying ones like the tank, healer and xylem (as a non-dh) challenge. Agatha and twin terrors would be okay I guess, they were easy enough. Sigrun is not exactly high on my list either. Well heres hope that you can do them on any spec for the mog, because again, fuck doing the tank and healer challenges again.
    I enjoyed mage tower immensely it's the first non raid non dungeon content I can recall enjoying ( everything else I listen to audio books while I grind).

I leveled one of each class and knocked out every spec. I can honestly say I would enjoy doing it again but... how is this going to work?

The towers where designed around spec play with that expansions power in mind. Arcane mage I think is the most telling as it required a bizzare talent build you would never normally see. Are covenant powers allowed? I can't imagine abilities like ashen hallow or convoke not trivializing the encounters.

Don't get me wrong I want this but the question I have is just how is this going to work? Are we getting a character to pilot through the encounter or are these encounters going to be easier then their old incarnation? I don't think that is a bad thing myself I'm just curious.

im strongly considering it honestly, even thought i have 21 appearance already it would be nice to try to aquire some of the apperances i missed (like resto druid, assa rogue and resto shaman ones)

I already got all 36, all they were pretty specific about it being time limited.

So if they bring it back, won't do anything for me. If they bring it and it's the same rewards so they go back on their word about them being limited then it's one of the biggest motivators for me to never return to the game ever again.

Make similar content instead, and that might bring me back. Totally loved the mage tower, best content the game has ever had.

It's like 99% that the rewards will not be the same and the old stuff will remain exclusive, and yet half the people's main argument for not wanting to play the mage tower again is that they already have the rewards...

Obviously mage tower alone is not enough to make someone come back, but it won't be mage tower alone - there's lots of good stuff in 9.1.5 other than that already being planned. As someone who is not unsubbing cause I love the game I'm very much looking forward to it.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead speculates reward will be new ToS set recolor. Since I don't expect 36 new sets, I wonder how they would manage spec vs spec situation. Overall DPS challenges were easier than tank/heal, and amongs DPS some were even trivial (Highmountain worm). I can only think about giving only part of set for each spec, I know Druids would have harder time but hey, that's trade off for having 4 options.

And I don't expect MT to be tuned similar to 7.2/7.2.5, it wouldn't surprise me if it was something around 7.3 or even easier, cause people rather liked later 'casual' version.

Angry

I’m not going to return for it, but right now there isn’t really enough info.

Recolored tier sets is a pretty lame reward, if true.

Otherwise, I think it’d be a good thing to bring back, just needs better incentives and something to make it feel fresher.

I’m not against them bringing back the weapon transmogs either, even though I pretty much have the ones I want.

They really should attach timewalking badges to it and massively expand that system with tons of rewards and add more stuff like this to get badges and keep timewalking active and rotating weekly.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-09-09 at 07:13 AM.

Return to a game I left because they add some skins to an old instance? Fuck no.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    There are signs of a coming 9.1.5 patch. Probably, Blizzard would implement a little bit of lore, reduce the grind, and maybe they implement a Legion time walking.

What if they decide to return the Mage Tower?

Would your return 1 week just try to get the artifact skins?

Do you think WoW's subs are so low that Blizzard needs to bring back this popular feature?
    Everything shows, that they're going to give in and return Mage tower. Problem is - it's not going to return me. I'm casual player and I don't like "challenging" content. What I think - is "Man, why it always works with some hardcore crap, but never works with casual one? Where is my 10-50lvl/Maw/Korthia flying?". All that improvements mean nothing for me, because they don't add any real content, they would be used in. Leveling is still bad, Maw is still bad, Korthia is still bad, Anima grind is still bad. Still nothing to do in game.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I think people very much overestimate how popular the mage tower really was.
    I just want a shot at it since I missed everything but the start of Legion due to family reasons. =\

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    And here I am, hoping they bring it back because of the enjoyment I had doing them as tank/healer. I wish they made them a bit harder, but that's not a deal breaker. Solo content as a healer? Damn good stuff!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they can uphold a reasonable challenge with scaling, i don't see whats the problem bringing the old rewards back, and sprinkling it with the recolors for people who have all the skins.

Except for the occasional Guardian Druid I don't even see those skins much anymore.

Magetower was a great side activity, nothing more. It's not he holy grail of wow, and a watered down timewalking version would probably turn out bad.

I hope for myself that they scrap these dumb systems they waste their time on and create new, engaging types of content like the magetower.

Stop with this MT already... Yea, it was a great thing. I loved it. But it wont be the game changer...

I already have all 36 appearances unlocked, but I'd likely do them again regardless even without new rewards just because my Mage Tower appearances are spread out across more than just 12 characters.

Since unlocking the tints can only be done on the character that earned the original appearance, I want to consolidate my Mage Tower appearances across just 12 characters so I at least don't have to unlock tints on more characters than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*