Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hahahaha... so they did it...
    They truely did it!
    They really changed the map files in the name of political corectness.

It will fix the game and people will return.
    No more horrible stuff inside their compound.
    No more unfulfiled promises and dogshit games like W3: Deforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    So we can't have a zone vaguely named after someone who no longer even works at the company because of some workplace controversy, but this

is perfectly acceptable? It's not even remotely fucking subtle by comparison
    This is fine.
    That person did totally nothing wrong and has clear past.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I thought they renamed Mac'aree because they wanted to update Legion lore and it looked kinda cool.

Then I remembered that there is a first world country out there that thinks that names are ouchy owiee. So glad there is an ocean between me and that honestly insane culture. It can stay right the fuck away.

Also not even pronounced the same way as that dude's name. It's Macà'ri against Mecrìi.

Ah, people are still on the "Madeline is racist" train I see. Thankfully none of these people will ever hypocritically defend people they agree with for the same reasons they're trashing on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    At first I thought they renamed Mac'aree because they wanted to update Legion lore and it looked kinda cool.

Then I remembered that there is a first world country out there that thinks that names are ouchy owiee. So glad there is an ocean between me and that honestly insane culture. It can stay right the fuck away.

Also not even pronounced the same way as that dude's name. It's Macà'ri against Mecrìi.
    Fun fact, it wasn't pronounced the same way on purpose. The VA director (a woman, oddly enough) specifically had it pronounced as far from the guy's name as possible in case they ever needed to change the spelling if 'something happened' with the guy it was referencing. Guess she didn't expect them to wholesale change the name entirely.

Such a great culture, were being accused and sued is the same as being guilty. IF people are found guilty after a lawsuit then measures like changing names in game would be somewhat justified. But now its just pathetic. They did this with the kael'thas voice actor aswell and he was found innocent.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    Such a great culture, were being accused and sued is the same as being guilty. IF people are found guilty after a lawsuit then measures like changing names in game would be somewhat justified. But now its just pathetic. They did this with the kael'thas voice actor aswell and he was found innocent.
    i agree . we still dont know if alex afribiasi is going innocent too , but for me its better they dont use employee names anymore to avoid it

also why there is Black blood/void elf ? i mean dont get me wrong but they dont exist thats their bloodlines , humans dwarf gnomes yes but for me maybe its because for character creation , but the lore didnot have dark skin elves

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Ah, people are still on the "Madeline is racist" train I see.
    So in your opinion you can be just racist for X amount of time and after that you are fine?
    I am and always will be against ANY type of racism and people should never forget and remind Blizzard double standards to others.

Thankfully none of these people will ever hypocritically defend people they agree with for the same reasons they're trashing on her.
    ???

It's kinda weird seeing how i today's age it's not enough for the people to know that a person is being investigated by the government. No, people are getting boners from even an idea of erasing everything that could be a reference to this person. Like some strange kind of witch hunt.

Don't get me wrong, I despise the man, but the whole quest of removing all these NPCs and renaming a zone that is established in the lore looks... a bit funny, to say the least.

Let us hope no architect or builder will ever turn out being a sexual abuser. Imagine people crying out and demanding some buildings be destroyed because the person had their part in its construction.

- - - Updated - - -

In America you're guilty until proven innocent (still not really, see Kael's VA) and things like this are intentionally leaked to the public to prevent such person from defending themselves.

People just love witch hunts. And social media only amplifies their boners.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    So we can't have a zone vaguely named after someone who no longer even works at the company because of some workplace controversy, but this

is perfectly acceptable? It's not even remotely fucking subtle by comparison
    Try using one of their (ingame) reporting tools for bugs/suggestions. maybe if enough people do it that npc vanishes, too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
    They've gone way too far with this renaming nonsense. Mac'Aree was not even close to McCree.
    It feels extremely petty at this point. My opinion of blizz just keeps dropping. Get your house in order and focus on what matters instead of this ridiculous public display of meaningless changes to the game. The naming was fine, its your culture that sucks. Keep the names and every time you read them remember to do better instead.

Ah, people are still on the "Madeline is racist" train I see. Thankfully none of these people will ever hypocritically defend people they agree with for the same reasons they're trashing on her.
    She is.
    10ch

Remember when they changed the Voice overs and actor for Kael'thas after FALSE accusations?

And then they kept that racist Roux after REAL twitts?

Lmao
    Double-standard Blizz. That company is beyond redemption.

Ah, people are still on the "Madeline is racist" train I see.
    Do you have slightly idea what does "the train" mean?
    She's in fact a racist and deserves to be fully deleted from the game and lose her job in Blizzard, just as other people did, even for less.

Anyway I think they shot themselves in the foot. One of the devs said they intentionally tried to push the Mac'Aree pronunciation away from how McCree was pronounced. She basically handed them a hassle-free way to change the name to something similar looking as far back as when it was first introduced but they still have to go scorched earth with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Remember when they changed the Voice overs and actor for Kael'thas after FALSE accusations?
    Pretty sure he fully admitted that he happily participated in the problematic convention culture of old. "It was a different time" and "they asked me to do it" aren't good excuses for acting unprofessionally. Even though everything was consensual and there was no evidence of sexual assault, Blizzard could be perfectly justified in distancing themselves from him.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    my small brain

Found the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

This is actually so funny. Lets rename a planet that was already established in lore because it sounds somewhat similiar to one of the troublesome devs. Meanwhile we still got this NPC from a racist & sexist writer walking around the Necrolord command table, while others like Swifty and Quinton got removed immediatly after false accusations.

Don't get me wrong I'm Mr. More Customization, but I can't help but laugh that the Alliance essentially have Blood Elves Plus now - Blood Elves with better racials* and a level advantage.

What's even better is I'm sure in some context this will be argued to prove Blizzard's Horde bias.

*I don't know or care if this applies to pvp. Pvp is a mini-game in an MMO. They're more fun to play with and haven't gone through a ruinous nerf like Arcane Torrent has.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Welp, I see the racist neckbeards are out in force today. And yes, I'm sure you'll have some bullshit defense ready. But please, just spare us all that nonsense--not a single non-MAGA person here is going to buy that you're anything but a racist misogynist who supports people that are shitty to women because "yAy bRo CuLtUrE!"

- - - Updated - - -

This might come as a shock to you, but due process under the law only applies to legal cases. Companies are completely free to terminate someone who they feel does not align with their values and to make changes within a game to reflect their moral stance. You don't have to agree with it, or even like it. But given the mountains of evidence, the ongoing state lawsuit, and the public outcry, Blizzard has every reason to make some changes. Mcree was not and is not entitled to have a video game continent named after him just to glorify his ego. That chunk of pixels is owned by Blizzard and they can do with it as they damned well please. You'll just have to survive somehow.
    no one is racist here , the true racist is you because when you feel everything is racism that mean you think of racism more than anyone else dumb idiot . . i am a muslim and never ever be a racist to single one or i go to hell . so basically i dont need to explain that to you because you assume things inside people without even knowing them . dirty pig
    Last edited by regardoz; 2021-09-09 at 10:53 AM.

In my hearth always will be Mac'Aree

Why the hell do there need to be nego elves? They never existed. Are people so insecure about themselves that they need every race to have a black version of a pre-existing one, just to reflect the american reality, even though it doesn't make sense?
    Wait, what am I talking about, this is people from California at work.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2021-09-09 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Difference there is she had no hand in designing the game at all. She’s not a Dev but an author who writes WoW stuff, big difference
    this argument makes zero sense,so what if they arent a dev?why does that matter?they removed the name of a problematic person but kept the other