7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the stormy skybox the same one used in Kul Tiras?

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Honestly, if the Mage tower returns I really hope it only gives the old reward and not the new sets. The challenges are often horribly designed, especially when considering how many changes have come to classes since they were relevant.

Especially if it is tied to Timewalking and only available for a short time. I really, really do not want to do them all again, especially not for transmog that is okay at best when it comes to hunter' shitty tomb of Sargeras transmog.
    As I said in different thread: FOMOs clearly work - it's logical and Blizzard is doing it literally every expac at least since MoP. Blizzard giving away candies just 4 years later would lower value of every future FOMO. New reward avoid that problem and also gives reason to do MT for people who completed it already in Legion.

And if you don't want to do it, you know, just don't.

Not to mention I think look of cosmetic reward is secondary thing, most important what stand behind it. Great looking store mount or mog doesn't mean anything, cause it's not rare at all. If 9.1.5 MT would have some very high difficulty (I doubt it will), this "ugly hunter mog" would be worth a lot more than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    One of the devs even said they made it so the pronunciation of Mac'aree was different from McCree. A perfect way to change the spelling but keep it similar, like Makari. Oh well, way to shoot themselves in the foot.
    They shot themselves in the foot when they decided it was a good idea to dump a bunch of ingame references to real people. Should have known at least one of those would eventually come back to bite them in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    They shot themselves in the foot when they decided it was a good idea to dump a bunch of ingame references to real people. Should have known at least one of those would eventually come back to bite them in the ass.
    That too. And not just a small reference, but a goddamn zone named after a guy. What the shit.

That too. And not just a small reference, but a goddamn zone named after a guy. What the shit.
    The story behind it is even dumber, as supposedly they based the name of the zone on a by title of one random noname npc in TBC that they in turn based on the MacCree guy.

I personally wouldn't even have made the connection, since Mac'aree seems already too different from the guys name, as there is practically no reasonable way to pronounce it like his name (though I guess the english language is the epitome of "make it up as you go"..), which makes the trivia note about the pronunciation even stranger. Apparently people interally remembered though..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The story behind it is even dumber, as supposedly they based the name of the zone on a by title of one random noname npc in TBC that they in turn based on the MacCree guy.

I personally wouldn't even have made the connection, since Mac'aree seems already too different from the guys name, as there is practically no reasonable way to pronounce it like his name (though I guess the english language is the epitome of "make it up as you go"..), which makes the trivia note about the pronunciation even stranger. Apparently people interally remembered though..
    Yeah, that's the thing. One of the devs, as far as when Mac'Aree was first introduced to us in Legion, made sure that the pronunciation wouldn't coincide with McCree. She basically handed them an easy way to change this back then.

And they failed to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    As I said in different thread: FOMOs clearly work - it's logical and Blizzard is doing it literally every expac at least since MoP. Blizzard giving away candies just 4 years later would lower value of every future FOMO. New reward avoid that problem and also gives reason to do MT for people who completed it already in Legion.

Not to mention I think look of cosmetic reward is secondary thing, most important what stand behind it. Great looking store mount or mog doesn't mean anything, cause it's not rare at all. If 9.1.5 MT would have some very high difficulty (I doubt it will), this "ugly hunter mog" would be worth a lot more than you think.
    JUST 4 YEARS later

FOMO should stay as far away as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    FOMO should stay as far away as possible.
    That's silly and idealistic. Yeah, yeah, FOMO should go away, shop should go away, any game mechanic that extend your sub should go away. Can we now return to reality when all these things works no matter how long we complain about them?

JUST 4 YEARS later
    It's a lot for you?

That's silly and idealistic. Yeah, yeah, FOMO should go away, shop should go away, any game mechanic that extend your sub should go away. Can we now return to reality when all these things works no matter how long we complain about them?

It's a lot for you?
    If you’re a night elf 4 years might not be a lot. But yeah, 4 years is a significant amount of time.

There’s a lot of shitty practices in the world that get results. Doesn’t mean people should put up with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you’re a night elf 4 years might not be a lot. But yeah, 4 years is a significant amount of time.

There’s a lot of shitty practices in the world that get results. Doesn’t mean people should put up with it.
    Dunno, back in school 4 years felt like eternity, at 29 doesn't feel like significant amount of time.

I wouldn't say FOMO is 100% bad. Sometimes on late expac I got lazy and would skip some great content like Mage Tower or alts or doing 5 mask vision if I knew I can one shot it just month later.

Overall I think game should have clear rules. If we have shop, I like they don't flood it with cosmetics when they panic, but release 2-3 a year on same months with other options to get it (6 month sub, gold). If something is established, it shouldn't be ever taken away (looking at you Strand of the Ancients). But if they say year earlier they are taking away reward - they shouldn't bring it back, especially when they want quick sub boost.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-09-09 at 11:19 AM.

Mage tower rewards will probably be the new armor recolors, as they will want the artifacts to remain a Legion-era thing.

Question is: will it be timewalking only, or always open?

Jessera of Mac'Aree was the reference to Jesse McCree. It started as small reference NPC for Draenei starting area. Then some writer in the story/quest team decided that the Mac'Aree Jessera was of should be the Eredar capital on Argus.

And now we're here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Jessera of Mac'Aree was the reference to Jesse McCree. It started as small reference NPC for Draenei starting area. Then some writer in the story/quest team decided that the Mac'Aree Jessera was of should be the Eredar capital on Argus.

And now we're here.
    As I said, from noname NPC to capital; completely stupid.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It's a lot for you?
    FOMO is neither sustainable nor sensible.

When somebody starts the game and is hit by 15 years of pure FOMO, where they see a cool mount, or a mog, or a pet, or whatever, and they're told "Yeah sorry bub, you can never get it because you weren't around 10 years ago." Will they think "Wow, that's so meaningful. I'm so glad that Blizzard does this. That sure entices me to keep playing!" No, it only serves to keep the die-hards that have already been playing for the past 15+ years on the hamster wheel, who would've stayed there anyway to collect the new stuff.

And why is it not sensible? Well, there is just no business sense in creating a bunch of new models just to arbitrarily lock them in a vault a year or so later for the rest of the game's lifespan. It offers nothing to the game and it offers nothing to any player who doesn't derive their ego from others not having the pixels they have. There is much more value in cramming the game chock full of scaling challenges to overcome that people can be rewarded for. Wanna get Challenge Mode gear? Sure. But you'll be scaled down to an unchanging power level where it's a proper challenge to overcome that you have to work towards and earn it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    FOMO is neither sustainable nor sensible.
    What you mean by "not sustainable"? If we include PVP stuff Blizzard was doing it since beginning of WoW. They have detailed data what people are doing in game. How many years something must continue before you call it sustainable?

As I said, from noname NPC to capital; completely stupid.
    It is however great for lore when it works. For those who didn't know or remember the NPC it's just a neat name, but for those that do it's a callback that costs nothing, but adds immersion.

The only flaw was the sex pest thing. But if it was Jessera of Eredath then it would have been a good example of the ideal way to make a small callback.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Yeah, this quest is like water drop torture. Looks easy, but doing it every week.. ugh. Those fast 500 Anima though.
    Personally, the only time I ever have difficulty with it is when the Kyrian assault is up. Otherwise, Zovaal's Cauldron is generally pretty easy and fast (depending on the respawn rate).

Anyway, Eredath sounds better than Mac'aree to my ears, so I'm fine with it.

The appearances were neat, and I am proud of having gathered them all the way back, but I fail to see how it's especially prestigious to have that appearance when so few know, and even more just see it as an annoyance on something they can no longer get.

Titles are one thing, and I am happy to make those unique since that is a very minor thing that can nonetheless be shown prominently, but weapon appearances are a scarce resource, and arbitrarily locking some away forever just seems wasteful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Personally, the only time I ever have difficulty with it is when the Kyrian assault is up. Otherwise, Zovaal's Cauldron is generally pretty easy and fast (depending on the respawn rate).

Anyway, Eredath sounds better than Mac'aree to my ears, so I'm fine with it.
    Eredath sounds a bit on the nose for me. Mac'aree was unique and sounded fittingly alien. Eredath just sounds like any name of a city on Azeroth.
    I guess I could be conflating it with Thal'dranath, but still. For a race called eredar to have a capital named eredath seems to me like having a capital of earth be called Humanos or something.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

What you mean by "not sustainable"? If we include PVP stuff Blizzard was doing it since beginning of WoW. They have detailed data what people are doing in game. How many years something must continue before you call it sustainable?
    Sustainable as in it caters only to a specific subset of people who are already playing. It doesn't bring in or keep new players around, and the people it caters to would stay anyway. It doesn't do anything for them but scare people away.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sustainable as in it caters only to a specific subset of people who are already playing. It doesn't bring in or keep new players around, and the people it caters to would stay anyway. It doesn't do anything for them but scare people away.
    Concept of FOMO simply has nothing to do with new players, they enter unknown world with thousands of cosmetics where way less than 1‰ is no longer obtainable. It they quit WoW early, it's almost always gameplay, not some unobtainable rare sword cosmetic.