Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Concept of FOMO simply has nothing to do with new players, they enter unknown world with thousands of cosmetics where way less than 1‰ is no longer obtainable. It they quit WoW early, it's almost always gameplay, not some unobtainable rare sword cosmetic.
    The fact of the matter is FOMO doesn't provide any value to anybody whose ego isn't damaged. And those people don't need a company to cater to them, they need therapy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    I want a questline with special gear like half the other bloody races. -_-
    Wait for your turn then.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Wait for your turn then.
    Bold of you to assume they'll return to heritage gear. The last pair of quests was nearly 2 years ago.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Bold of you to assume they'll return to heritage gear. The last pair of quests was nearly 2 years ago.
    Allied Races and Heritage armor was a BFA feature.

We are not in BFA anymore so naturally they won't be doing any more of those.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Considering people constantly bring them back up as a topic and Blizzard has not indicated that they scrapped the idea, i don't see why they wouldn't return to them.
    The sets are just low in priority.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The fact of the matter is FOMO doesn't provide any value to anybody whose ego isn't damaged. And those people don't need a company to cater to them, they need therapy.
    Yes, no one stayed subed longer to finish content cause Blizzard was taking away reward next patch. It's just all people with damaged ego that need theraphy.

If only Blizzard listen to smart people like you they would have 40 million subs in 17 years old game, not this pathetic 2000 (that's current reddit estimation, right?).

Yes, no one stayed subed longer to finish content cause Blizzard was taking away reward next patch. It's just all people with damaged ego that need theraphy.

If only Blizzard listen to smart people like you they would have 40 million subs in 17 years old game, not this pathetic 2000 (that's current reddit estimation, right?).
    I love how you have to jump to all of this shit because you can't actually tell anyone what the value of FOMO is in a game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love how you have to jump to all of this shit because you can't actually tell anyone what the value of FOMO is in a game.
    I did it several times, but I repeat so you won't have to search through this 5 posts:

FOMO is carrot on stick to encourage you to do content you would skip, cause it would require no effort in next patch and no effort = another chore. Sometimes it even bring community together, cause people have singular goal with time delay (people organizing heroic runs for curve mount, teaching people how to make gold in WoW to buy bruto, etc.).

It isn't some great solution, it doesn't save the planet, it doesn't stop global working, it has lot of cons, but since Blizzard use this mechanic literally every expansion it must work from their side. Clear enough?

And it's rich that you call me on not providing any arguments when you write this:

I did it several times, but I repeat so you won't have to search through this 5 posts:

FOMO is carrot on stick to encourage you to do content you would skip, cause it would require no effort in next patch and no effort = another chore. Sometimes it even bring community together, cause people have singular goal with time delay (people organizing heroic runs for curve mount, teaching people how to make gold in WoW to buy bruto, etc.).

It isn't some great solution, it doesn't save the planet, it doesn't stop global working, it has lot of cons, but since Blizzard use this mechanic literally every expansion it must work from their side. Clear enough?
    So FOMO encourages people to keep playing because they're seen as valuable rewards to pursue.

But it doesn't dissuade people from playing because they're trivial.

Cognitive dissonance much?

Oh, and if you need FOMO to continue playing, then you're by definition admitting that you're on a treadmill and you're playing just out of fear of missing out on something rather than enjoyment. That's a good reason to quit.
    And it's rich that you call me on not providing any arguments when you write this:
    Rich that I summarize the reality of the system without beating around the bush?

I missed the discussion a few pages ago. Saw some people saying that "ath" in "Eredath" doesn't sound draenei ... Are we just forgetting Shattrath?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I missed the discussion a few pages ago. Saw some people saying that "ath" in "Eredath" doesn't sound draenei ... Are we just forgetting Shattrath?
    It sounds draenei enough. Just kinda generic. Though Mac'aree made me think of Macaroni, so eh.

It's funny though, we go from a zone being named after a guy because the guy had a massive ego, to a zone being named after a race, which you could kind of consider self-aggrandizing as well. Not a problem, just gave me a chuckle.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, excluding invectives when you assume other people playstyle or judge who's addict or not, I have only single question:

But it doesn't dissuade people from playing because they're trivial.
    Seriously, what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    It's silly in an mmo to cut content and never bring it back. There are hundreds of hours worth of gameplay, at no cost, for new players to play through such as MoP legendary storyline, mage tower, etc. Just leave it in!
    With this I agree (although you probably overestimate "hundreds hours of gameplay"). It's pointless to remove often important questline when just limited time mount for completing this questline works exactly the same, but doesn't cut story.

That's why I would be happy with bringing back Mage Tower - as content. Especially since we couldn't even repeat it during Legion after completion.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-09-09 at 01:37 PM.

It sounds draenei enough. Just kinda generic. Though Mac'aree made me think of Macaroni, so eh.

It's funny though, we go from a zone being named after a guy because the guy had a massive ego, to a zone being named after a race, which you could kind of consider self-aggrandizing as well. Not a problem, just gave me a chuckle.
    It's safe to assume a fictitious race of aliens won't engage in real workplace harassment though, so I think it's serving its purpose.
    (Though I hope these in game changes made by the game teams come with the management changes demanded by workers in regards to discrimination, harassment, workplace conditions, etc).

To be fair, aren't the Eredar (more the ones that remained Eredar and joined the Legion) kind of the sort to name things after themselves?

Honestly it is kind of surprising they didn't name their planet some variant of their name. Though that makes me wonder how does a planet take on its name, does it have a name in the first place and it somehow makes its way to the inhabitants, or do the inhabitants choose it and the world-soul takes on the name somehow because of that?

But yeah Mac'aree always just felt kinda odd in their naming scheme anyway.

Eredath is growing on me, seems a little on the nose, but it's not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    To be fair, aren't the Eredar (more the ones that remained Eredar and joined the Legion) kind of the sort to name things after themselves?

Honestly it is kind of surprising they didn't name their planet some variant of their name. Though that makes me wonder how does a planet take on its name, does it have a name in the first place and it somehow makes its way to the inhabitants, or do the inhabitants choose it and the world-soul takes on the name somehow because of that?

But yeah Mac'aree always just felt kinda odd in their naming scheme anyway.
    Draenei, too. See: Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

It's safe to assume a fictitious race of aliens won't engage in real workplace harassment though, so I think it's serving its purpose.
    (Though I hope these in game changes made by the game teams come with the management changes demanded by workers in regards to discrimination, harassment, workplace conditions, etc).
    That wasn't my point. Just that McCree -> Mac'Aree is undoubtedly an ego trip and Eredar -> Eredath is as well. I just find it funny.

Ah yes good point there too.

Ok, excluding invectives when you assume other people playstyle or judge who's addict or not, I have only single question:

Seriously, what it means?
    It means that you can't argue on one side that FOMO items incentivize gameplay, then also turn around and claim that FOMO items are trivial to new players who won't ever be able to earn them.

And it's not an assumption, FOMO is literally built to make people feel more accomplished about having pixels other people might not. That's the whole core of it. Opposing such a statement because you consider it a gross assumption is like opposing the statement "People roll holy priests to be healers," and calling it too presumptive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

I think its safe to say that in Azeroths case, the name simply reached the planets inhabitants thanks to the titanforged and Elune.

For Argus, that could go either way.
    But since we know the Krokul had a way to commune with the world soul, they might got it from that.

Formerly known as Arafal

- - - Updated - - -

That wasn't my point. Just that McCree -> Mac'Aree is undoubtedly an ego trip and Eredar -> Eredath is as well. I just find it funny.
    Yeah I understand. I guess they stayed true to that aspect of its naming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Eredath is growing on me, seems a little on the nose, but it's not bad.
    Yeah. A bit obvious but it doesn't seem out of place.