Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Bringing back the weapon xmogs will remove another large number of players from the game who will not return. Getting trust back after BfA and SL and THEN breaking that promise - big, big risk.

- - - Updated - - -

That's just not really possible as of how the game is peogramned and designed.
    If you knew you'd want to timelock something before moving forward I don't see much of a coding problem. What would be a real issue though is the UI as spells change, yes, this would essentially force them to load a separate client for the time locked content, but that beats having to rebalance things every other patch, and it beats content dying. Building an additional system that lets you customize your time locked UI outside of the actual content would be at least as big of an effort as the time locking itself.

This is like 1 hours worth of content. Why would anyone come back for this.

P.S. I guess the content isn't the draw in your post - you want a chance at the weapons skins again.
    Well I'm sure they could get a boat-load of people back if they were going to allow us to get the Black bug mount from Ank. But why sell out? Oh yea, Blizz.

For everyone against.. Can it. I've seen like 4 people with MT appearances, the game is so goddamn dead it doesn't even matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    For everyone against.. Can it. I've seen like 4 people with MT appearances, the game is so goddamn dead it doesn't even matter anymore.
    meanwhile i play on a full server where korthia rares die in 10 seconds every day of the week.
    anyway ymmv

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    This is like 1 hours worth of content. Why would anyone come back for this.

P.S. I guess the content isn't the draw in your post - you want a chance at the weapons skins again.
    Well I'm sure they could get a boat-load of people back if they were going to allow us to get the Black bug mount from Ank. But why sell out? Oh yea, Blizz.
    people are bad, it would take em way longer, lol

no cause mage tower was crap as a tank. The tank challenge was a "DPS" race in prot gear not tanking. It will likely be tuned for the higher skill level players again also vs allowing the more casual people to have fun with it...which is bad design when the higher skill level have Mythic raiding and M+ for exclusive gear colors.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Only if they make Artifact Skins available again.

If they can iron out the bugs that a few of them had, like Sygrin having invisible val'kyr, or outright despawning altogether, it'd probably be more enjoyable. I still remember the Xylen bug where he flat out was immune to interrupts, that was infuriating.
    Last edited by Fabled; 2021-09-09 at 01:19 PM.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    If they can iron out the bugs that a few of them had, like Sigrun having invisible val'kyr, or outright despawning altogether, it'd probably be more enjoyable. I still remember the Xylen bug where he flat out was immune to interrupts, that was infuriating.
    May have been because I did most/all of them during 7.3/7.3.5, but I did all 36 specs and never encountered any bugs.

I did however abuse the shit out of the fact that the Imp Mother challenge took place outdoors on the Broken Isles unlike every other challenge that was instanced.

It meant you could use Broken Isle tower buffs, a rested potion giving 10% stats and a bunch of other stuff that definitely wasn't intended but nevertheless never fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    May have been because I did most/all of them during 7.3/7.3.5, but I did all 36 specs and never encountered any bugs.

I did however abuse the shit out of the fact that the Imp Mother challenge took place outdoors on the Broken Isles unlike every other challenge that was instanced.

It meant you could use Broken Isle tower buffs, a rested potion giving 10% stats and a bunch of other stuff that definitely wasn't intended but nevertheless never fixed.
    You could oneshot imp mother in blues as an unholy DK if you just pressed death strike every time you killed an imp.

I did the Sigryn fight as all five specs it was for, and for whatever reason, that's the only fight that made me not want to flat out not try because of the few bugs her fight constantly had.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I would genuinely be excited to see the Mage Tower return, if I could attempt earning those appearances and/or the T20 recolors. Although, I actually hold that in most cases, the original T6 sets look better than the "revamped" T20 sets (the sole exceptions I recall being the Warrior's Elite Cruel Gladiator set, and the mythic Druid T20).

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I would genuinely be excited to see the Mage Tower return, if I could attempt earning those appearances and/or the T20 recolors. Although, I actually hold that in most cases, the original T6 sets look better than the "revamped" T20 sets (the sole exceptions I recall being the Warrior's Elite Cruel Gladiator set, and the mythic Druid T20).
    yes if you keep your settings on 1 and your reso at 640x480

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    You could oneshot imp mother in blues as an unholy DK if you just pressed death strike every time you killed an imp.
    I had failed the fight a significant amount of times on my elemental shaman main before I attempted any other challenges.

Nevertheless I went in and easily 1-shot the boss on my unholy DK just due to the free death strikes keeping me alive, and my DK was much worse geared to boot.

I know there were a couple other fights that were very easy, such as the BM hunter challenge, but the fights I struggled with most were resto shaman, holy priest, guardian druid and prot paladin.

I greatly enjoyed all the challenges though. In fact my least favourite challenges were the ones I could oneshot such as the above-mentioned BM hunter challenge.

With the right @cursor frost trap and @Focus interrupt macros, you basically couldn't fail it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius87 View Post
    This wouldnt be enough for ppl to come back for. And if it was, it would be just to get the skins and unsub again.
    This pretty much. For me at least. I didn't get all of the skins I wanted, I'd pop back for a month to get them but almost definitely just let the sub lapse again. If They started making more solo stuff like this though? And adding to it regularly? I might stay subbed pending the type of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Probably not. The changes they've been making are a good step, but they need to keep pushing it. Confirm they won't be doing more bullshit systems next expansion, and instead will focus on class design and permanent, long-lasting features and improvements for gameplay. Do that, and I'll be strongly tempted to come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be the only thing to bring me back, but if I do return, the MT challenges were fun. That said, there needs to be a lot of tuning, because some specs needed certain legendaries (like the warlock ring) to get through it at the gear level it was intended for (before you could just do weekly H Antorus pugs and outgearing it).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Sure I main a class now that I did not during Legion, so I would unlock it. Then again I have not bothered to unlock all the other artifact appearances on my current class either, so not like it's something I am passionate about.

Brewmaster 2h artifact staff is really cool though, as it's the only weapon in the game to my knowledge that hold the weapon over the shoulder. Very cool. But the basic "Chen Stormstout" version looks best anyway.

I think the main value of Mage Tower was how cool the transmogs beating it was. The challenge itself was OK, but if you did it on enough specs you saw a lot of repetition and at the end of the expansion it was pretty easily outgeared.
    Doesn't monks, automatically, use that idle stance for any staff/polearm weapon?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there were a couple other fights that were very easy, such as the BM hunter challenge, but the fights I struggled with most were resto shaman, holy priest, guardian druid and prot paladin.
    Ret paladin was insane levels of cheese for its fight, and even in Antorus LFR gear you could pretty much completely ignore the fight's mechanics by bubbling and healing through them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Doesn't monks, automatically, use that idle stance for any staff/polearm weapon?
    If so, it's a recent change. In Legion it was unique to the Brewmaster artifact.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    If you knew you'd want to timelock something before moving forward I don't see much of a coding problem. What would be a real issue though is the UI as spells change, yes, this would essentially force them to load a separate client for the time locked content, but that beats having to rebalance things every other patch, and it beats content dying. Building an additional system that lets you customize your time locked UI outside of the actual content would be at least as big of an effort as the time locking itself.
    Things you need to save on an rebalance:
    1. Available external cooldowns (flasks, potions etc.) and their respective strength in that content
    2. The complete talent tree, no matter if its completely overhauled in the future
    3. The exact items that are allowed to be used. No newer trinkets etc. That get downscaled or older ones that get upscaled. Same goes for other gear pieces.

And much more things I probably forgot. I don't know, most likely you are right and it is possible, but it's the effort really worth it? I don't know.

The more I think about it, the more I hope it'll have new rewards.

I did the legwork all on my own, pre-cheese, because they announced it as limited-time content and I didn't wanna take a chance on missing out. Every class, every spec. .

If they bring it back fully, as in all artifact appearances made available again, they sure as fuck better backtrack on anything else they've removed. Old Zul'Gurub and its mounts, the first dungeon bear, Swift Horde Wolf, Naxx drakes etc.