Highmountain Tauren customizations!!

Guys

They have TAIL options.

Im slightly worried that normal tauren arent going to get these initially, and the two races will just constantly be in an arms race.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-hig...1-5-ptr-324103

oh thats neat hmm i wouldnt worry, i think they will do the ARs first and then more onto the OG races

I do like the tiny totem doodads on the tails, that's nice.

They seem to be going in different directions with the two subraces, I see fairly minimal overlap with what's being added to one or another, which is fine by me.

Still scrolling, like the singular bang over one eye and little beads on the highmountain female, looks just lovely. And horn styles with bits of the horns painted? Inspired!

Makes me curious what other allied races they might touch up. I've already got my wishlist covered for the nightborne, they look a lot better.

Looking back through the list of them, I'd say they should do mechagnomes next. More customization, including color variants of the armor set to better match augmentations and a choice of regular or robo legs so you can avoid every pair of pants looking like a diaper.

Mag'har, vulpera, and zandalari were some of the best customization-wise out of the gate so they're the lowest priority.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-09-09 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Guys

They have TAIL options.

Im slightly worried that normal tauren arent going to get these initially, and the two races will just constantly be in an arms race.

Well, regular Draenei got tail options but Lightforged didn't until this, so it can happen later.

I don't understand why they don't simply allow customization options to overlap where possible.

Naturally, Tauren shouldn't have access to Highmountain-Style horns. But hair? Tails? Face options? Just go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Well, regular Draenei got tail options but Lightforged didn't until this, so it can happen later.
    Yeah but like, why later?

Highmountain Tauren got tattoos, which Tauren didn't have.

Then Tauren got tattoos... and fringe, hairstyles, etc, that the Highmountains didn't have.

Then Highmountain Tauren get fringe, hairstyles, etc........ and tail options that the Tauren don't have.

Why not just add these things to both at once so we're not constantly going back and forth on which one is missing customization options that they should already have? By the time Tauren catch up, I'd expect them to add something else that the Highmountains stupidly can't have until "later". Like body patterns separated from skin/fur colors.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    I don't understand why they don't simply allow customization options to overlap where possible.

Naturally, Tauren shouldn't have access to Highmountain-Style horns. But hair? Tails? Face options? Just go ahead.
    They're meant to be different races with different cultures and aesthetics. Makes each race more unique. Which personally, I like.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post

I can understand them wanting to have a completely different aesthetic for the allied races, but yeah, you can still keep that and throw in some existing customizations from comparable races. Orcs and Mag'har in particular should have more cross-compatible choices, considering they're literally the same race. The blackrock skin tone should be available on base Orcs; y'know, they've existed on Azeroth longer.

Taunka... why not? Same as Wildhammers, Dragonmaws... Just make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    They're meant to be different races with different cultures and aesthetics. Makes each race more unique. Which personally, I like.
    Yeah I totally get things like Blood Elves and Void Elves having different hairstyles, and Mechagnomes putting more gel in their hair than regular Gnomes, but like, just slap some of those tauren and orc facial hair options onto my trolls plz. And there's no reason my orc cant have a Mag'Har small pointy goatee, or Grom hairstyle, given that OG Grom was a green orc anyway.

Floodgates don't need to be open (Nigh Elf vines and unkempt eyebrows would clash on a Nightborne) but using existing assets to add more customization within the appropriate aesthetic can only be a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Nah, Taunka should be an allied race. Dragonmaw aren't different enough for an allied race, totally, just throw that skin on already, but Taunka would need new hairstyles, face options, jewelry... Northrend-themed heritage armor...

Yeah but like, why later?

Highmountain Tauren got tattoos, which Tauren didn't have.

Then Tauren got tattoos... and fringe, hairstyles, etc, that the Highmountains didn't have.

Then Highmountain Tauren get fringe, hairstyles, etc........ and tail options that the Tauren don't have.

Why not just add these things to both at once so we're not constantly going back and forth on which one is missing customization options that they should already have? By the time Tauren catch up, I'd expect them to add something else that the Highmountains stupidly can't have until "later". Like body patterns separated from skin/fur colors.
    You got me, though I do think both should have some different customizations from each other. Makes it interesting and diverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    I think Taunka are a bit more of a change than Wildhammer or Dragonmaw skins. They have a different head. That requires a bit more work, I would think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Love the new customisations!

Now I have a bigger reason to level up my HM tauren shammy and let her be fabulous. The tail accessories are definitely a nice touch.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess yeey for Hm tauren fans, but I am still off opinion that they should merge tauren and hm tauren. It's stupid and also both on the same side.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I do like the tiny totem doodads on the tails, that's nice.

They seem to be going in different directions with the two subraces, I see fairly minimal overlap with what's being added to one or another, which is fine by me.

Still scrolling, like the singular bang over one eye and little beads on the highmountain female, looks just lovely. And horn styles with bits of the horns painted? Inspired!

Makes me curious what other allied races they might touch up. I've already got my wishlist covered for the nightborne, they look a lot better.

Looking back through the list of them, I'd say they should do mechagnomes next. More customization, including color variants of the armor set to better match augmentations and a choice of regular or robo legs so you can avoid every pair of pants looking like a diaper.

Mag'har, vulpera, and zandalari were some of the best customization-wise out of the gate so they're the lowest priority.
    If they give the missing heritage skins to Mechagnomes .... well than they should also add them for Nightborne and Lightforged!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Mag'har are honestly pretty trash and thrown together, they are just skin tones from WoD + a single new skin in the form of the new Blackrock with glowing red eyes. Plus some hairstyles.

They could really use some love including a new white skin for shattered hand, actually body mods instead of just skin textures, etc.

Guys

They have TAIL options.

This arms race feeling is also bothering me. I hope they keep it in mind. Races don't need to be identical, but why should regular Tauren not have tail styles and tail jewelry? I'd like all of the races to be at a roughly even point somewhere down the line in terms of customization options, not one race taking three steps up the customization stairs, then the other 6, then the other 2, and then the other 9 ad infinitum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    If they give the missing heritage skins to Mechagnomes .... well than they should also add them for Nightborne and Lightforged!
    They should do them for all. Arguably, it would be cool if they made new heritage armor skins for some other races as well. Zandalari heritage armor is cool, but its tones are so limiting. You can't even mix and match them with Zandalari quest and dungeon gear, wtf? And Kul Tiran heritage armor could have different house colors. Green, blue (current) and black/brown.

The game has sorely needed this level of customization. And more.

I hope they continue to add this sort of stuff for all races. Having color options for various bits/dyeing those parts to increase options, that'd be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Mag'har are honestly pretty trash and thrown together, they are just skin tones from WoD + a single new skin in the form of the new Blackrock with glowing red eyes. Plus some hairstyles.

They could really use some love including a new white skin for shattered hand, actually body mods instead of just skin textures, etc.
    I mean obviously I'd love being able to have the chopped off hand shtick but I think we'll have to settle for the fist weapon transmogs.

I'm not sure what other body modifications you're talking about, because much like the hand thing I think most of them would have clipping issues be the main reason not to. Spiked nipple piercings coming right out the chestplate, oof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

As a forever tauren, these are great. Sure, regular tauren could get them. But that'd just steer me right back to the OG cow, since they have a better racial armor ;(.

lol