Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - September 7, 2021, Diablo II: Resurrected Features Updates

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - September 7, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Covenants

• Conduit Energy now refills at a rate of 10 per day (was 1 per day).
      • Developers' note: We are entirely removing Conduit Energy as a system in the upcoming 9.1.5 patch, but in the meantime, we wanted to hotfix in a stopgap measure that should effectively remove it as a meaningful constraint.

Items and Rewards

• The Trueheart Spear debuff can no longer be applied more than once on a target.

Diablo II: Resurrected Features Updates
    Blizzard has shared a few updates on Diablo II: Resurrected in-game features such as Console Lobbies, TCP/IP Support, and Ultrawide Support.

That D2 removal of ultrawide is fucking terrible imo.

The Trueheart Spear debuff can no longer be applied more than once on a target.
    People found a way to reduce the time they have to spent at the lag party at Mor'geth, but Blizzvision said "no".

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Have to agree, for people with 21:9 game support in 2021 is still problematic. I mean I do understand that for D2 this means more than just high resolution support, they probably have to rewrite a lot of things to enable NPC's to properly react to attacks and it is not cost effective to do it for what effectively is a minor part of playerbase, buuuut stillll...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    [size=3]The Trueheart Spear debuff can no longer be applied more than once on a target.
    Fucking hell. They really thought, with all the game problems, that was a big issue. I have no words.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yup, sucks so bad that technical limitations mean we have to put up with a compromise of 19:9 instead of 4:3 16:9. Literally unplayable.

Idk why people want to increase mob agro range just for ultrawide when the game is already an aoe cluster fest.

Hotfixing away Conduit Energy just proves the system is junk. Nothing exciting or interesting about it, it's just a knob they turn to try to extend playtime. Glad to see it turned the hell off.

D2 without couch co-op on console is a no buy for me, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Hotfixing away Conduit Energy just proves the system is junk. Nothing exciting or interesting about it, it's just a knob they turn to try to extend playtime. Glad to see it turned the hell off.
    True. I mean personally im a fan ob covenant and "Making a meaningfull choice" - but so many classes/specs just worked with a specific conduit and the energysystem was a bad idea at all.

Covenants would be a great thing, if they are all balanced out well & fun to play, but most of them are generic/untertuned and/or just copy & paste from older and/or other classes spells.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Covenants would be a great thing, if they are all balanced out well & fun to play, but most of them are generic/untertuned and/or just copy & paste from older and/or other classes spells.
    The problem with that is it would be a hell of a lot of work, for a feature that would only be used for two years. So I get why Blizzard hasn't invested a lot of time in it, but it also shows that they really need to move away from a different Borrowed Power each expansion and focus on adding things that will be used cross expansions, long term.

If Blizzard knew they weren't going to devote resources to balancing covenants, they should have gone in the complete opposite direction and have all covenants functionally the same, with different cosmetics and story. IE either no covenant ability for each class, or the same across covenants. And all three soulbinds for each covenant are the same trees with other covenants, just skinned to a different NPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Have to agree, for people with 21:9 game support in 2021 is still problematic. I mean I do understand that for D2 this means more than just high resolution support, they probably have to rewrite a lot of things to enable NPC's to properly react to attacks and it is not cost effective to do it for what effectively is a minor part of playerbase, buuuut stillll...
    you are already quoting why it just isn't feasible.

if you allow widescreen support as it is in this 20 (!) year old engine, which lives on so many hacks, you are intentionally breaking said game / engine. you even give players with such a setup a big advantage over anybody with smaller ratios.

and why should you try to make fundamental changes to this age old engine to accomodate a POTENTIAL player base of maybe 2% (based on a quick steam survey check), let alone 0.1% of actual interested players?

same with this outrage over the removal of tcp ip gaming, which opens direct ports to the net and promote cheating in a wild landscape of unchecked sessions. players whine and scream over the loss of these things and cannot even grasp the simple mechanics at work.

- - - Updated - - -

conduit energy. if you remove it, why not just set the refresh to.. one second? or ten seconds? that way it is practically removed, because i think that this fix is still not really enough for high end players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzyk View Post
    The problem with that is it would be a hell of a lot of work, for a feature that would only be used for two years. So I get why Blizzard hasn't invested a lot of time in it, but it also shows that they really need to move away from a different Borrowed Power each expansion and focus on adding things that will be used cross expansions, long term.

If Blizzard knew they weren't going to devote resources to balancing covenants, they should have gone in the complete opposite direction and have all covenants functionally the same, with different cosmetics and story. IE either no covenant ability for each class, or the same across covenants. And all three soulbinds for each covenant are the same trees with other covenants, just skinned to a different NPC.
    Really, the "meaningful" part of that choice should be 99% aesthetic, if not 100%.

If you dig the Revendreth vibe and want to hang out with those folks... there's your choice. Same for any Covenant.

Player power shouldn't be tied to these things. At some point it will cease being a free choice and a player can feel pressured to make a choice for numbers rather than taste.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    i love how these blizzard remasters just announce a bunch of features being scrapped less than a month out from release, super cool
    They havent heared of cancelled preorders. They think you will stick with it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    They havent heared of cancelled preorders. They think you will stick with it.
    If they were canceling major features that people cared about I could see being upset, but not being able to cheat with an UltraWide monitor and not catering to the extreme minority that want multiplayer mods isn't really a deal breaker for people who just want to play the game. I was in high school when D2 first came out and I loved playing it on the weekends with my friends. It really hasn't aged well though and I'm looking forward to playing a modern remaster of it. They know who their bread and butter are.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by maskedmustelid View Post
    Yup, sucks so bad that technical limitations mean we have to put up with a compromise of 19:9 instead of 4:3 16:9. Literally unplayable.
    I hope the point didn't hit you as it was flying over your head there.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    If they were canceling major features that people cared about I could see being upset, but not being able to cheat with an UltraWide monitor and not catering to the extreme minority that want multiplayer mods isn't really a deal breaker for people who just want to play the game. I was in high school when D2 first came out and I loved playing it on the weekends with my friends. It really hasn't aged well though and I'm looking forward to playing a modern remaster of it. They know who their bread and butter are.
    The problem with that is, it isnt only about "Players wanting multiplayer mods" It's about this version seems to be Online all the time, and at least during the beta, i cant tell you how many times i was rubber banding.... in my own "Singleplayer" game. People like TCP/IP so they avoid connecting to the crap that can be blizz servers.... because let's face it when this actually goes live, you know they're going to be DDOS'd to hell and it's going to be unplayable... so yes TCP/IP was used for more than just MP Mods
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

3+ Year Old Account
    Their bread and butter are people so loyal to the brand, that Blizzard could sell them literal dogshit with Blizzard Entertainment on the box and they would preorder immediately. As harsh as it sounds they should not be the target audience.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    The problem with that is, it isnt only about "Players wanting multiplayer mods" It's about this version seems to be Online all the time, and at least during the beta, i cant tell you how many times i was rubber banding.... in my own "Singleplayer" game. People like TCP/IP so they avoid connecting to the crap that can be blizz servers.... because let's face it when this actually goes live, you know they're going to be DDOS'd to hell and it's going to be unplayable... so yes TCP/IP was used for more than just MP Mods
    By a handful of people. You don't compromise the security of your product for a handful of people to support something ancient and obsolete like TCP/IP. Complaining about that is like complaining because you bought a new Honda Civic to replace your 20 year old Honda Civic and it didn't come with a cassette player. And every Blizzard game for the past 10 years has been always online. The other big ARPG (PoE) is always online. Most popular games now are always online. I'm not really sure why this is all of a sudden an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Their bread and butter are people so loyal to the brand, that Blizzard could sell them literal dogshit with Blizzard Entertainment on the box and they would preorder immediately. As harsh as it sounds they should not be the target audience.
    Coincidentally those are the same people who shittalk Blizzard and everything Blizzard does 24/7 but still keep buying the products even though they insist they aren't.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

3+ Year Old Account

Coincidentally those are the same people who shittalk Blizzard and everything Blizzard does 24/7 but still keep buying the products even though they insist they aren't.
    If that is what you truly believe and it makes you feel better, go ahead. I won't stop you.