Page 1 of 3
LastLast

subscribing for 9.1.5 cos of nightborne and high elves :p

Yep, I'm coming back to check out shadowlands, the main reason, high elves and Nightborne customisations - strangely got me excited, even though get it, I'm a blood elf fan.. I guess the allied races are are really doing it for me.

Just me?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Probably not just you, but I'm guessing you're likely in the minority. Customizations alone weren't enough to get me into Shadowlands to begin with, so more customizations isn't going to do that.

Personally I rather have fun things to do than a pretty ken or barbie doll to play dress-up with but you do you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Personally I rather have fun things to do than a pretty ken or barbie doll to play dress-up with but you do you.
    Lots of people clearly disagree then, given how Allied Races were an extremely popular feature and the biggest redeeming factor of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Lots of people clearly disagree then, given how Allied Races were an extremely popular feature and the biggest redeeming factor of BFA.
    Current subs beg to differ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Void elves and Nightborne now have better options than Blood elves and Night elves ---

does anyone have a problem with this? As a blodo elf fan, strangely it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Current subs beg to differ.
    Sadly BfA is over, I too miss that expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Void elves and Nightborne now have better options than Blood elves and Night elves ---

does anyone have a problem with this? As a blodo elf fan, strangely it doesn't bother me.
    Allied races were always advertised as "core races but better/cooler" so this shouldn't surprise you.

It's also not a coincidence that they can only be played exclusively after completing certain objectives. They are unique.

I'd say warmode was the redeeming feature but... they couldnt just give us allied races could they.... no no no thats too easy. Gotta lock them behind a grind of boring rep

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    I'd say warmode was the redeeming feature but... they couldnt just give us allied races could they.... no no no thats too easy. Gotta lock them behind a grind of boring rep
    It's the point. To make them more exclusive. Because they are basically core races but enhanced in some way (Yes even diaper gnomes), they can only be played after meeting certain requirements. Otherwise they wouldn't feel special.

it wasnt hat hard to do tho.... it was bfa's only redeeming feather imo

It's the point. To make them more exclusive. Because they are basically core races but enhanced in some way (Yes even diaper gnomes), they can only be played after meeting certain requirements. Otherwise they wouldn't feel special.
    They need to feel special? Why not just put them in the game for anyone to play? Does anyone actually feel they are special because they are kultiran or a mechagnome? You just did a story quest and grinded rep

edit: if it was hard to obtain i would under stand, but it isn't hard, its just a time sink

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Probably not just you, but I'm guessing you're likely in the minority. Customizations alone weren't enough to get me into Shadowlands to begin with, so more customizations isn't going to do that.
    thats my thought exackly

its nice that this stuff is coming - but lets be relaistic here

a)its something that should have been in game literaly decade ago aka as much customization as possible - 2010 says hello to blizzards

b)this is not content.

ill repeat - its nice but its not content.

people are bored and want new dungeons raids and content for casuals - this alone is almost meaningless in grander scheme of things.

The last time I canceled my sub (Legion), I returned due to the Void Elf announcement, so I personally understand how the excitement about essentially something cosmetic can really re-energize one's hype. It's awesome to hear that your interest is piqued!

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    They need to feel special? Why not just put them in the game for anyone to play? Does anyone actually feel they are special because they are kultiran or a mechagnome? You just did a story quest and grinded rep

edit: if it was hard to obtain i would under stand, but it isn't hard, its just a time sink
    Yes. Personally I felt special back in early 2018 when the Void elves were made playable.

It might not be hard content to grind a reputation but it's still something that I committed to and earned. As opposed to just giving Blizzard their annual check to instantly play the new race.

Then, linked to Allied races, they also came up with the concept of Heritage armours which promoted levelling.

The changes to covenant/ash/conduit/alt/etc. systems make it fairly attractive for anyone who skipped over 9.1 or is interested in coming back and trying things out again.

Allied Races =/= Customization

Since Allied Races brought new racials and basically new combination of class/race

Meanwhile begin able to roleplay an highelf in 2021 will dry out after 2 weeks

I doubt it is just you. However you could be a small group of the minority.

These changes just aren't enough to get me to return to Boringlands. I will more then likely continue to enjoy my stay over at FFXIV until next expansion. And even then I would ha e to see how well Blizzard is listening to the player input to determine if I will return at all.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Grats sheep, you're part of the problem

"WAIT WAIT it's still the same malibu stacey doll except they added a stupid hat on it!"

".........I want it I want it I want it I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So you'll pay 13 moneys to log in and spend 1 hour at the barber shop? That seems to be great value.

Bluer eyes and blonder hair and whiter skin on an elf is apparently enough to get their $15. Lol this is the reason why the industry sucks these days.