Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Also, I suppose they will have to re-issue every piece of WoW literature outside of the game that has Mac'Aree named in it. They must commit to this after all.
    Off the top of my head, that would just be the D&D book and the first cookbook.

As for the name change itself, sure ok whatever. I liked the suggestion by the voice coach person who had the VOs say it specifically different than it's spelling for the lines in Legion, a simple respelling could have saved a lot of work and potential shitfits. I do wonder if they'll rerecord the lines. That would be a potential downer, as the last time they rerecorded lines for this reason the end result sucked.

Cool, now they have time to finish the new character models, and bring them all up to par with the Pandaren und Dwarf models, like they promised us eight years ago...

Just sayin....

The new nelf model looks like someone tried and failed horribly to perform plastic surgery on a zombie. The new model has
    - no breathing animation,
    - no feral/cat-like eyes, and lightbulbs for eyes, instead of the indirect glow the old model had
    - no more straight eyebrows, instead it got the elf unibrow
    - lifeless mask for a face, like someone injected it with too much botox
    - a distorted asymmetrical torso, like Quasimodo
    - no amimated arms! These new arms are just attached to the shoulders and dangling down there zombie like and have no correlation with the body movement / This applies to other racial models, too!!
    - has a sway movement as if it was drunk....
    - tatoos as if a 5 year old had played with his crayons, nothing in comparison to the detailed tatoos on the old models

The old appearance was athletic and wiry, just like sentinels who move like shadows through the deep forests of Ashenvale. The new model looks like... a human with pointy ears and glowing eyes...

Also: can we please have racial casting animations back? It is such a downer to see my nelves casting like a dog, aehm... worgen....
    And give the human male their golden blond hair color back, pretty please? This urine blonde shade gives me depressions.
    And while we're at it: can this auto-after cast animation please go away? Nobody asked for it. It is damn irritating!1

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    "We heard your issues with the game so we added three new hairstyles, a reskinned mount, and renamed a zone nobody goes anywhere near anymore. We hope this improves your game experience."
    You miss all the other PTR builds or something? Or that the mount is obviously not a reskin?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Off the top of my head, that would just be the D&D book and the first cookbook.
    Was it really mentioned in the TTRPG manual?

His oldest Blizzard credit I could find was in 2007 with TBC. I guess if it were in one of the manuals before 2006, then the zone would even predate his employment at Blizzard.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You miss all the other PTR builds or something? Or that the mount is obviously not a reskin?
    How is slapping armor on an existing mount not basically a reskin?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Was it really mentioned in the TTRPG manual?
    I think? I'd need to pull down the actual book and look.

7+ Year Old Account
    How is slapping armor on an existing mount not basically a reskin?
    Because you have to model all of that armour and give the moving parts physics instead of just changing the textures?

Like how is this even a question.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Because you have to model all of that armour and give the moving parts physics instead of just changing the textures?

Like how is this even a question.
    So you're the type that thinks blatant reskins are totally a new mount and Blizzard needs to be celebrated for everything they do even when it's lazy. Ok.

So you're the type that thinks blatant reskins are totally a new mount and Blizzard needs to be celebrated for everything they do even when it's lazy. Ok.
    I mean technically it's (lazy) remodel. Reskin is about changing textures, if you touch the model itself (even if you just hook up static junk to it) it's a remodel.

But tbh, it's supposed to be a talbuk paladin mount, so the amount of effort seems reasonable.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    That’s an incredibly defensive response to me just pointing out it’s not a reskin.

I’m guessing just going “ok I’m wrong but changing a model a little is still lazy” would be to much of a hit to your pride even though it’s such a minor concession?

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    The best part about this:

Lawsuit + modern culture = Blizzard making a ton of changes (leaving no stone unturned really) almost instantly. Even changing things that has people scratching their heads
    Classes broken/ out of balance = meh...... can wait for next patch (if at all)........... some day, maybe....
    Systems broken/ unengaging to players= eh? players are wrong, they don't know what they are talking about. They say they hate these systems and they want more content, but they always say that.......... Maybe next x-pac
    Yes, responding to company-threatening lawsuits is more important than in-game mechanical issues. Is this controversial?

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Found the problem
    Damn, thank you good sir. I would have never guessed this being the core issue.
    Thankfully I was able to log onto what the kids call "PTR" and saw the debuff for myself, it is 10 seconds despite Blizzard writing "until cancelled".
    Please continue God's work, you're much needed in this community during these dire and trying times.

They care so little about survival hunter, they forgot that half of all single target and 95% of AoE damage for survival is not physical, so putting a physical exclusive damage buff on death chakram is utterly stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    "We heard your issues with the game so we added three new hairstyles, a reskinned mount, and renamed a zone nobody goes anywhere near anymore. We hope this improves your game experience."
    Sadly the ones that still play will go crazy for new cosmetic stuff, as they arnt the biggest part of players who had stayed behind.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Black elves look so weird lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Thing is, honestly, classes are rarely broken in WoW, tryhard forumist are just "feeling" like they are bc of some mythic statistics they don't have the skill to compare themselves to.
    lol there are tons of times classes have been broken in WoW, not even to the tryhard top tier level but where rogues were 1 shotting people in pvp at start of SL, or warlocks fear being broken as fuck in BC. DKs being crazy stupid OP at start of WoTLK, warriors being crazy strong during certain tiers and then piss bucket poor in others where no one played them. WoW classes are horribly imbalanced every expansion because they don't know how to not nerf/buff by %

A little too late these changes, should have been done in WoD already and not in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Zone renamed guys, everything is fixed by this decision. No more sex pests and no torture apologists at Activision anymore.

How the fuck can people gobble up this garbage.
    This just in, folks. Verdugo has thus proclaimed the only gestures that can be made must be large sweeping ones.

I welcome the aoe changes but why are the GCD changes not reverted yet ������

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    lol there are tons of times classes have been broken in WoW, not even to the tryhard top tier level but where rogues were 1 shotting people in pvp at start of SL, or warlocks fear being broken as fuck in BC. DKs being crazy stupid OP at start of WoTLK, warriors being crazy strong during certain tiers and then piss bucket poor in others where no one played them. WoW classes are horribly imbalanced every expansion because they don't know how to not nerf/buff by %
    Didn't see half of your claims honestly, stuff like WotLK DK is infamous yeah, but meh. I'll always remember how ele shaman was bad at the start of BfA and people just forgot about it until blizz buffed it so hard it had the reverse effect. Most of peoples perception of "overall game balance" comes from stats and streamers anyways.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.