Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The big thing is what do you define as "casual player content?"

One person's definition could be drastically different from another's. For example is grinding out the rare mob and rep mounts/toys/tmogs casual? I would say so because it requires little to no skill and can be done at whatever pace you personally choose. To other's they may not consider that casual content, and that alone drastically shifts the perspective on how much casual content exists in the game currently.

Alts for casual players? They are actively taking steps to make alts more accessible in 9.1.5 and the only big thing left for me would be some sort of way to get conduits quicker to alts, whether it's a vendor or significantly increasing the conduit drop chances on low to mid ilvl conduits. They're even providing us with a renown catchup that is pretty similar to the old legion artifact catchup system which is very nice and saves literally days of work. Infinitely grindable soul cinders and soul ash makes getting legendaries (once you have the leggo memory) significantly easier too which I can't see how a casual player can say that doesn't affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    They changed few npc names.

"And with that, Blizzard returned to their best, producing genre defining games for decades to come!” - Nobody - Never
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I'd say covenant and overall alt stuff definitely counts for casual changes. If anything, that's the part I'm most looking forward to. I've been itching to play an alt, but it's just been such a miserable experience in SL.

you should just quit at this point. Or give some solid ideas that people can relate.
    saying the game should cater for casuals is vague as fuck. Because for me the game is super casual.
    I can play wednesday thursdays and Saturday night, 2 hours each and I have aotc / keymaster / 2/10 mythic. I don't do torgast anymore as I upgraded my legendary to 265. finished korthia campaign , no maw or korthia for me. I like pvp but time is the issue. never pet battle or go transmog. I am content with what I have. it is just 5~6 hours of play each week. most of the time, much less than that. If you do not play that much too you should just quit.
    The game is not single player rpg where you can control how you progress. Wow is a living being. IF you cannot commit at least bit of our time, the game will move on. where you will be stuck doing previous expansions campaign quests.

So, overall my problem is - if I don't like raids, M+, PVP and "sandbox" content (that has nothing to do with real sandbox content, because vague objectives don't make content sandbox one - freedom to choose approach to doing content does), then leveling alts and doing WQs is my only option and WQs are way too unrewarding to be worth doing. And old xpacks provided much better content, such as Garrisons, 6.2 Appexis gear, Class Halls and their corresponding rewards (except Suramar, that had nothing to do with Class Halls, but was required "just because"), etc. I have one week of sub left. I'll try to force myself to love Korthia. But if I won't succeed - then that's it. Waiting for 9.2 for may be better content, i.e. not another Maw 3.0. Or for 10.0. But if we don't have any casual content improvements now, then I'm pretty sure we won't have them then. That's it. Nothing more to discuss.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    WoW is not about you running around doing a 45 hour single player story like it's the Witcher 3 or some shit.
    Never was. You didn't even get extra story quests with major patches until like Cataclysm and those took like 30 minutes at best too.
    Thats the problem, they cant realize it is both, but when the 45 hours are up you can either start playing the actual World of Warcraft or quit, but somehow the "Quit" part isnt in their brain, i think its because it costs a sub to play so somehow in their brain its connected that way.

But they have no problem with Witcher 3 ending and uninstalling it, which is exactly the same thing.

At least for all this new-age "MMO" Players that keep complaining about single player elements.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    So, overall my problem is - if I don't like raids, M+, PVP and "sandbox" content (that has nothing to do with real sandbox content, because vague objectives don't make content sandbox one - freedom to choose approach to doing content does), then leveling alts and doing WQs is my only option and WQs are way too unrewarding to be worth doing. And old xpacks provided much better content, such as Garrisons, 6.2 Appexis gear, Class Halls and their corresponding rewards (except Suramar, that had nothing to do with Class Halls, but was required "just because"), etc. I have one week of sub left. I'll try to force myself to love Korthia. But if I won't succeed - then that's it. Waiting for 9.2 for may be better content, i.e. not another Maw 3.0. Or for 10.0. But if we don't have any casual content improvements now, then I'm pretty sure we won't have them then. That's it. Nothing more to discuss.
    Honest question and not to mock or ridicule you but why do you play wow before the last patch of each expansion?

Wouldn't it make more sense to join in the X.3 and just play though the zones in order?

You're hyper casual, not even casual. The stuff you want doesn't really make sense in a game like WoW.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

The changes being made in 9.1.5 (or rather fixes) are something most players want. Not just hardcore players.

If Blizzard had just listened to the players from the beginning they would have had more times making actual content instead of having to fix their mistakes. Just like they also had to in BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    You're hyper casual, not even casual. The stuff you want doesn't really make sense in a game like WoW.
    I was about to say the same. The OP uses the casual “label” but in reality he is extremely casual. He is a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I was about to say the same. The OP uses the casual “label” but in reality he is extremely casual. He is a minority.
    Personally I'd agrue he's a weird mix of Hardcore and Casual
    "Hyper Casual's" don't make graphs trying to prove that wow is trying to kill his gameplay...hell most Hyper Casuals would of just at the most do the story shrug and go on to play something else or just DO something else. They wouldn't even give enough of a shit to complain.

Being casual doesn't mean you aren't raiding or aren't going M+
    The gameplay loop for casuals doesn't just involve worldquests + maw.

It's like saying in Destiny, casuals only play "strikes" and any other content isn't meant for them.

We see lots of improvements, arriving at 9.1.5 PTR. Yeah, 9.1.5 is hit or miss for Blizzard. It's critical patch to save Wow and not let it collapse. Problem, I currently see - is that all improvements are popular demands from hardcore guys like streamers, not actual players, like if Blizzard would value feedback from their streamers more, than players' feedback. Yeah, we have skipping lots of content, covenants swapping, conduits swapping, sending exceeding anima to alts, some improvements for Torghast, even Mage Tower. Don't you think, that this improvements are good for min-maxers only, who are hardcore players by definition? For players, who do raids, M+, get enough Anima as side product from "just doing content"? But just answer simple question. Do they give any goal to play game for casual players? What content casual players are expected to do? Leveling? Korthia? Maw? WQs? Do we have any improvements for this content? I don't see any. Is this content considered to be "perfect", that it doesn't need improvements?

Overall casual goals from old xpacks:
    WotLK: Perform badge runs and pug raids
    Cata: Same, but overtuned content ruined this goal, may be LFR sets in 4.3
    MOP: Almost nothing, if you hate mandatory rep grinds and claustrophobic "sandbox" isles
    WOD: Garrison, Shipyard and Baleful gear, leveling itself was also great
    Legion: Class Hall, Class Hall set tranmog, Class Hall mount, artifacts, legendaries
    BFA: Almost nothing, except may be invasion transmogs, corrupted items were interesting, but leveling Cloak via visions was bad, 8.3 locations were badly designed too
    SL: Should have been Covenant sets and mounts, basic ones are easy to get, but leveling is too boring and tedious - others require Anima/Souls/Gifts grinds, that are way too bad for casual player. They mean explicit Anima grinding from WQs. Korthia improves situation a little bit, but it's still Maw 2.0. I don't play content without flying. Principally. And I don't see, why flying can't be implemented in Korthia.

I returned home after summer vocation and decided to give SL content another chance. I'm trying to do this content now and it's terrible. I don't think, that 9.1.5 will make me play SL, if there won't be any improvements for it.

What do you think? Is it real situation, that casual content doesn't need any improvements in 9.1.5? If so, then, I guess, Wow is lost for me. May be forever.
    how exackly patch that has literaly 0 new content is supposed to save wow ?

my guild imploded this week mid raid - and everyone was thankfull - you know where 3/4 of them insta reloged ? yes to FF14 .

they were like - f... this raid ... f...this tier ... fuck this game lets play FF14.

they were not angry about GM/RL deciding mid raid that we stop this tier - they were actualy grateful to them .

casuals are playin FF14 atm - they are not coming back till 10.0 - maybe some hardcores will come back for 9.2

9.1.5 is pointless patch that is serving only toxic elitest mythic raiders. nobody else

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The changes being made in 9.1.5 (or rather fixes) are something most players want. Not just hardcore players.

If Blizzard had just listened to the players from the beginning they would have had more times making actual content instead of having to fix their mistakes. Just like they also had to in BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

most players already left game. over 80 % stopped playing

thats most players.

they couldnt give less f..... about conduits/covenants and those system didnt offer them any char power progression just pointless transmogs.

normal people dont care about bis - they care about playing game that rewards them

you know which game does that? FF14 not wow.

wow is empty shell of its former self that offers no content for causal players.

jsut wait and see glorious failure of 9.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

my guild imploded this week mid raid - and everyone was thankfull - you know where 3/4 of them insta reloged ? yes to FF14 .

they were like - f... this raid ... f...this tier ... fuck this game lets play FF14.

they were not angry about GM/RL deciding mid raid that we stop this tier - they were actualy grateful to them .

casuals are playin FF14 atm - they are not coming back till 10.0 - maybe some hardcores will come back for 9.2

9.1.5 is pointless patch that is serving only toxic elitest mythic raiders. nobody else

- - - Updated - - -

thats most players.

they couldnt give less f..... about conduits/covenants and those system didnt offer them any char power progression just pointless transmogs.

normal people dont care about bis - they care about playing game that rewards them

wow is empty shell of its former self that offers no content for causal players.

damn, 80% huh?

And for guys, that suggest some casual content like collecting something. You're partially right. I don't collect pets, but mounts and transmogs are my major goal, as they're only account wide-rewards in this game. But problem is - I don't collect just for the sake of collecting, because, you know, I can't put all that hats on me anyway. I collect only things, I actually like, and I've collected almost all of them. For example I have just 2 mounts, that would be interesting for me. But they're already way too hard to obtain for casual player. One of them is Time Lost. I tried to get it, but I can't camp it 24/7 and somebody else does it. And transmogs are mostly about "I want to have current xpack themed look" now, i.e. about getting current transmogs.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

It's not the worst patch in the franchise. Just a lot of recycled content.

- Legion timewalking. (Previous content)
    - Island expeditions soloable. (Previous content)

They expanded on Torghast. Not exactly the stuff I was looking for. Still hopefully it will still function properly for leveling in future expansions. So I think that is a good thing.
    Lifted a bunch of restrictions for borrowed player power. I think the customizations are still very mediocre compared to other competition. The amount of revenue this game has generated over the years but that's just a small complaint... trying to address PVP. Yet I don't bother to go look or participate in it unless something is new. (This is just me)

Still I think it's not the weakest smaller patch in the franchise. So it is a positive overall.

People seem pretty certain we are getting one large patch still. Which I would look more forward to that one personally. (Others might not feel the same) I think that would be nice to try and wrap up the expansion also loose ends so they don't come into a new expansion. Or it would be a fail. That would be cutting this expansion short. Still I would just like for them to get on the right track again. Whatever it takes to do this. Which means less recycling. More content. (Some type of leisure activities.. a nice big PVP map. Possibly even other type of big group events) Maybe listen finally about the grinds for borrowed power systems. All that kinda stuff...

I mean, there's pretty much nothing to do until 9.2 now except for Mythic SoD progression. If I didn't raid I would have unsubbed weeks ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

thats most players.

Oh look, another "I've made up numbers and claim they're facts" post. So new and refreshing.

And for guys, that suggest some casual content like collecting something. You're partially right. I don't collect pets, but mounts and transmogs are my major goal, as they're only account wide-rewards in this game. But problem is - I don't collect just for the sake of collecting, because, you know, I can't put all that hats on me anyway. I collect only things, I actually like, and I've collected almost all of them. For example I have just 2 mounts, that would be interesting for me. But they're already way too hard to obtain for casual player. One of them is Time Lost. I tried to get it, but I can't camp it 24/7 and somebody else does it. And transmogs are mostly about "I want to have current xpack themed look" now, i.e. about getting current transmogs.
    If you like only the recent xpac themed transmogs, that's again a you problem and not a problem with WoW.

Honestly it feels to me like you're having trouble letting go of WoW, which I can somewhat relate too having basically played it for over 16 years, but coming here complaining that the game doesn't cater to your specific needs or wishes is not going to get you any sympathy I'm afraid.

Your problem is inability to stop whining, so its gone far from noob-club usual ranting. Game offer good amount of casual content, you just don't do it.

We see lots of improvements, arriving at 9.1.5 PTR. Yeah, 9.1.5 is hit or miss for Blizzard. It's critical patch to save Wow and not let it collapse. Problem, I currently see - is that all improvements are popular demands from hardcore guys like streamers, not actual players, like if Blizzard would value feedback from their streamers more, than players' feedback. Yeah, we have skipping lots of content, covenants swapping, conduits swapping, sending exceeding anima to alts, some improvements for Torghast, even Mage Tower. Don't you think, that this improvements are good for min-maxers only, who are hardcore players by definition? For players, who do raids, M+, get enough Anima as side product from "just doing content"? But just answer simple question. Do they give any goal to play game for casual players? What content casual players are expected to do? Leveling? Korthia? Maw? WQs? Do we have any improvements for this content? I don't see any. Is this content considered to be "perfect", that it doesn't need improvements?

Overall casual goals from old xpacks:
    WotLK: Perform badge runs and pug raids
    Cata: Same, but overtuned content ruined this goal, may be LFR sets in 4.3
    MOP: Almost nothing, if you hate mandatory rep grinds and claustrophobic "sandbox" isles
    WOD: Garrison, Shipyard and Baleful gear, leveling itself was also great
    Legion: Class Hall, Class Hall set tranmog, Class Hall mount, artifacts, legendaries
    BFA: Almost nothing, except may be invasion transmogs, corrupted items were interesting, but leveling Cloak via visions was bad, 8.3 locations were badly designed too
    SL: Should have been Covenant sets and mounts, basic ones are easy to get, but leveling is too boring and tedious - others require Anima/Souls/Gifts grinds, that are way too bad for casual player. They mean explicit Anima grinding from WQs. Korthia improves situation a little bit, but it's still Maw 2.0. I don't play content without flying. Principally. And I don't see, why flying can't be implemented in Korthia.

I returned home after summer vocation and decided to give SL content another chance. I'm trying to do this content now and it's terrible. I don't think, that 9.1.5 will make me play SL, if there won't be any improvements for it.

What do you think? Is it real situation, that casual content doesn't need any improvements in 9.1.5? If so, then, I guess, Wow is lost for me. May be forever.
    Here's the problem. I don't like telling people how to enjoy the game but... if you don't raid, PvP or run M+ then you are probably playing the wrong game.

what killed this game is people, who cant play this game, demanding to cater the game to them.
    you think the game is to hard for you or the grind to big?
    skyrim is there for you buddy.
    now cancel the sub...